Who are you?

• Total voters

sygeek

Technomancer
There is a lot of luck involved in Solo MMR. Even if u are Dendi lvl player , one guy with bad internet,laggy wooden laptop or really bad skills can ruin you all.
I am currently at 4k Team MMR . Maybe because i play !more Team MMR. My freinds are not awesome players, most of them simply refuse to play Earth Spirit or Visage. But we rack up a lot of wins since it is a fair matchup between two teams who are well organised and are certain non of their mates are laggers.
The reason why i keep moving between 3200 and 3300 in Solo MMR is all about luck. Everyone plays pub style,some even fight for mid lane (mid or feed policy). And lets not forget the people who play from their intelHD 4000 laptops

I play team MMR more than Solo for this sole reason. I must have played 20 to 25or so Solo MMR at most. The amount of games where both the teams called it a good game would be 5 games at the most.
Oh and the trash talks, the obligatory "Mid So easy" or " ez game ez life" taunts is the staple of Solo MMR. How about some humility and sportsmanship?? Naah, we all seem to have adopted League of Legends mannerisms

And dont judge my attitude,u dont know jack about me to make such assumptions.
I don't believe you understand. You might be 4k pro player in team MMR, but you are a 3.3k mmr scrub. It's 0 luck, you're just bad. Try to accept it and only then you can improve yourself. I meet countless players like you in pubs who blame 24/7 and decrease the morale of the game.

In reality, any 4.5k player can easily smurf through 3k to 4k with 80% WR. If you were actually 4k you'd be at most +-200 range of your true mmr.

TL;DR Welcome to dota2, you suck.

P.S. If you don't mind, share your dotabuff.

Mizanurification

Journeyman
My ranked logs:
Me: I'll play Safe Lane hard carry"
Fourth pick: Scrub picks PA.
Me: DUDE! Picks WD to support Scrub.
15 min: PA dc. Abandons.
Me: @#@#@@5@54
GG EZ.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I think people are not using the right words to complain about solo MMR. Most of us play the game for fun and one can have fun if you are matched with equally skilled players. When one sees someone in his team playing like a noob he feels that his MMR should be higher so that he gets better players in his team. The point is not about getting a higher MMR but to get better players. Don't care whether my true MMR is 0 or even negative but I want my teammates to be at my skill level to actually have fun. Like see this video:

How am I getting matched with this void when I have more than 2K+ hours on Dota 2? I was laning with him. Sadly I won the match.

sygeek

Technomancer
I think people are not using the right words to complain about solo MMR. Most of us play the game for fun and one can have fun if you are matched with equally skilled players. When one sees someone in his team playing like a noob he feels that his MMR should be higher so that he gets better players in his team. The point is not about getting a higher MMR but to get better players. Don't care whether my true MMR is 0 or even negative but I want my teammates to be at my skill level to actually have fun. Like see this video:

How am I getting matched with this void when I have more than 2K+ hours on Dota 2? I was laning with him. Sadly I won the match.
If it was a party game, it's usually not balanced properly. In solo however, mmr is just a representation of your overall skill. Maybe someone sucks at carry and makes up with good support (or vice versa). Or maybe they have poor mechanics and make it up by good decision making. I can give many more examples. There are too many variables to account for. So while you maybe better than him at something, he maybe better at something else. Moreover you also have to account the mental and emotional state of the player. Maybe he's sleepy, maybe he's playing after a long time or maybe he's on a tilt (this happens quite often and to the best players). Everyone has disastrous games where nothing goes right. No one wants to lose purposefully.

Although I have one explanation I have for your situation, which is very unlikely but will satisfy you, i.e. he's playing on a boosted account. But this only happens in 4.5k - 6k range.

My point is while matchmaking may not be perfect, it's pretty damn good as is. Moreover, in order to improve, you've to focus on your own gameplay. You cannot change your teammates, only guide them (and then get replied back, "f*ck u nub"). Also, if you're playing this game for fun, then play with friends, otherwise you're playing the wrong game. I'm not even kidding.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
If it was a party game, it's usually not balanced properly. In solo however, mmr is just a representation of your overall skill. Maybe someone sucks at carry and makes up with good support (or vice versa). Or maybe they have poor mechanics and make it up by good decision making. I can give many more examples. There are too many variables to account for. So while you maybe better than him at something, he maybe better at something else. Moreover you also have to account the mental and emotional state of the player. Maybe he's sleepy, maybe he's playing after a long time or maybe he's on a tilt (this happens quite often and to the best players). Everyone has disastrous games where nothing goes right. No one wants to lose purposefully.

It was pretty obvious he was a new player. He didn't have much knowledge about the game. Void was trying to kill Silencer and Treant was healing Silencer. He asked 'does silencer have evasion?'. I wouldn't have done that illusion chrono even if i was sleepy or bored or even trying to troll.

sygeek

Technomancer
It was pretty obvious he was a new player. He didn't have much knowledge about the game. Void was trying to kill Silencer and Treant was healing Silencer. He asked 'does silencer have evasion?'. I wouldn't have done that illusion chrono even if i was sleepy or bored or even trying to troll.
was he in party with someone else?

Mizanurification

Journeyman
RANKED logs:
PA HP 40%. Enemy ganks. PA dead.
Me: Tree dude heal PA.
Treant: I'm not near him. how heal? **** u.
Me: kills a kitten.

Also check out AM's (who insisted on last picking AM to **** jugs lane) skill levelling in this match.
Match 1892019864 - Overview - DOTABUFF - Dota 2 Stats

If u think SOME people don't wanna lose intentionally, u haven't played enough doto.

In reality, any 4.5k player can easily smurf through 3k to 4k with 80% WR. If you were actually 4k you'd be at most +-200 range of your true mmr.

f.
LMFAO!! DOTA2 is a team game. U are one of the 10 contributors to the outcome of the game. Even if you are Suma1l or Dendi or whatever, you are just the 10% outcome contributor. A team based game relies heavily on the performance NOT JUST YOU, but of 9 other players too.... This is no CoD or BF4 where 1 guy alone can turn the game
Seriously, why am i even discussing this logic thing with you. Even if Jesus or Allah or Shiva came down on Earth to clear your brains out they will fail.

- - - Updated - - -

RANKED logs:
PA HP 40%. Enemy ganks. PA dead.
Me: Tree dude heal PA.
Treant: I'm not near him. how heal? **** u.
Me: kills a kitten.

Also check out AM's (who insisted on last picking AM to **** jugs lane) skill levelling in this match.
Match 1892019864 - Overview - DOTABUFF - Dota 2 Stats

If u think SOME people don't wanna lose intentionally, u haven't played enough doto.
I have seen so many Drow Rangers who never skill their 1st skill (maybe they are from 2010 Dota 1 days where life steal and frost arrow didnt stack) Stupid dumb builds are so commonplace.

Check youtube full of gameplays (with replay links) where ppl intentionally lose , and in some videos, a teammate tries really hard to make the team lose but opponent was so dumb af that the troller couldnt suceed. Lol
Speaking of people who seem to want to lose intentionally..... i had a Ember Spirit in my team just last night. He never used his ulti... So mid game our opponent All Chatted : " Why You no ulti ember" and the ember dude replied "noob teammates no ward"
There was a silence after that. I guess all 9 players were like "dafck is he talking about?"

Game dragged on for nearly 40min and he STILL hadnt used his ulti even once. I mean, he could have at least cast it somewhere to see what that skill does.. but he never did it. This was 3300K Solo MMR range. Yes its considered newbie range but still....thats just outrageous
After few all chats (since the game was totally one sided by now and no one was really into the game) it was apparent that Ember thought that we need vision of the area to send our revenent. So he was blaming us for not warding the spot for him to cast ulti..i mean thats what we could figure out from his english/pinoy chat messages...

This is also the reason why i dont want TBD (To Be Disclosed as in less than 8 Rank games) players to start at 3k mmr. Most TBD players are new to Dota2, with 2-3 weeks play experience ,and playing 5-6 heroes (that looks cool).... They should start at 1K mmr... A lot of people get stuck in 3k because they keep getting players who still dont understand the game mechanics, hero skills, strategies etc.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

Anychance you are originated from Philipine?? You sound a lot like them.

BTW frost arrow and lifesteal doesnot stack in dota 2.

And high MMR player will single handedly win matches. There are some paid services like MMR boosting, where high MMR player plays in low MMR accounts and win single handedly.

Here is a proof - FYGPSE - Overview - DOTABUFF - Dota 2 Stats

Last edited:

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
In this [normal] match I literally did nothing and still won. What kind of matchmaking is this?
Match 1894531007 - Overview - DOTABUFF - Dota 2 Stats

They should start at 1K mmr

I think this is a good idea. Every player should be calibrated at 0 MMR and start their way up like currently happening. If the player is good he will rise. This will keep away new players from getting matched with an experienced player.
Other 2 things i can think of is the player should have an option of choosing longer queue times. I prefer waiting 15 mins rather than have a boring 45min match. Also ALT+TAB works flawlessly for Dota 2 so that's a plus.
And every player should have a separate MMR for each server. Because people can exploit the low population servers.

sygeek

Technomancer
LMFAO!! DOTA2 is a team game. U are one of the 10 contributors to the outcome of the game. Even if you are Suma1l or Dendi or whatever, you are just the 10% outcome contributor. A team based game relies heavily on the performance NOT JUST YOU, but of 9 other players too.... This is no CoD or BF4 where 1 guy alone can turn the game
I'm gonna need a 3000-3500 account - DotA Forums

Climbing The Ladder - Part 1

My Smurf Journey: Elo Hell!

Few examples of high mmr players smurfing through 3k to 5k+ with 80%-90% winrate. Moreover, like arjitsinha said, there are tonnes of mmr boosting services for this very purpose.

Seriously, why am i even discussing this logic thing with you. Even if Jesus or Allah or Shiva came down on Earth to clear your brains out they will fail.
I already lost faith in them after talking to you.

Rohan Rathi

Mega Noob
OH MY GOD. 5k is a LOT of MMR. Anyone at that MMR is obviously a semi pro. The real thing is can a 3k person smurf through 2k. It isnt that easy man.

Rohan Rathi

Mega Noob
Played against a probable booster today. No way in hell a 2k mmr person so damn good.
While in laning phase only I realised that this person is a pro. Sad man.

This person played as tinker mid vs me as windranger.
Matchid: 1898613932

Top Bottom