Who are you?

• Total voters

azvnoit

Journeyman
Anybody got any tips to escape the below 2k mmr? Somebody posted a youtube link which said about playing support but that doesnt work anymore. So anyone got hands on tips would be helpful. Gameplay, strategy, heroes to pick (considering 6.85 patch).
Dropped +300 mmr in 2 days.

I mainly play support or lane pushers. But lately even after supporting the team with everything we end up losing. Mainly because the team runs around getting kills and nobody is defending or pushing lanes so we end up with significantly more kills but lose the match.

If I stick to pushing lanes, the team doesn't have support and they end up feeding.
Sometimes I pick hard carry, it ends up being the worst mistake of my dota life. Last 5-10 mins is 1v5 onslaught. As the others are totally dependent on me for getting kills and taking/defending towers.

I play Party mmr with ~+60% win rate. But improving my solo rank is becoming frustrating.

Piyush

Lanaya
Anybody got any tips to escape the below 2k mmr? Somebody posted a youtube link which said about playing support but that doesnt work anymore. So anyone got hands on tips would be helpful. Gameplay, strategy, heroes to pick (considering 6.85 patch).

I mainly play support or lane pushers. But lately even after supporting the team with everything we end up losing. Mainly because the team runs around getting kills and nobody is defending or pushing lanes so we end up with significantly more kills but lose the match.

If I stick to pushing lanes, the team doesn't have support and they end up feeding.
Sometimes I pick hard carry, it ends up being the worst mistake of my dota life. Last 5-10 mins is 1v5 onslaught. As the others are totally dependent on me for getting kills and taking/defending towers.

I play Party mmr with ~+60% win rate. But improving my solo rank is becoming frustrating.

Play heroes which are good in patch or are dominating since early game. Some good heroes would be Undying, BB, Tusk, Night Stalker, Jakiro, etc. Or some heroes which are evergreen, like Gyro, Lina, Lion, Abaddon, etc. Make plays, ward if support not warding, make sure team has 1 urn before 7 min mark and meka before 15 min mark (20 min max). Use smoke effectively, communicate often, even if allies dont reply.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

Your dotabuff??

Good heroes in 6.85 are Spectre, Doom, Windranger, Alchemist(though not helpfull in 2K bracket), Omniknight, Oracle

sygeek

Technomancer
Best way to reach 3k is by learning to farm. My fighting skills are subpar but I make it up with farming efficiently. I was 2.8k when my farming mechanics were sh!t. Decided to improve it (and still improving) and reached 3.4k. IMO you can reach 4k if you know how to farm and split push properly.

You cannot be a good support if you suck at carry. No matter how good you think you are, unless you can play carry efficiently your support play is bound to be sh!t. You should know how to support your carry and that can only be done if you know what the carry player is thinking.

What I did was, I made it a goal to get at least 50 last hits before 10 minutes (in a contested lane, otherwise 60-70). Then at least 130LH before 20 minutes (on a hero with farming skills, otherwise make it 100 before minute 20). And then 100 LH every 10 min and so on. It's not necessary that you reach this goal but you should try to do so in every match. But that also doesn't mean playing farming simulator, you also need to know when to farm, when to tp to help, when to split push etc. Watch Barnyyy and BSJ's streams (VODS on youtube). Learnt a lot from those guys. Also read multiple guides from /r/dota2 (look for hero discussions, and nothing else), /r/truedota2 and /r/learndota2. Some good youtube channels.

Cheers!

azvnoit

Journeyman
Coma-Doof Warrior - Overview - DOTABUFF - Dota 2 Stats

I watch Baumi, JimBenDoto and Purge. Following JimBenDoto's builds mostly guarantees me a win though.
Baumi and Purge out farm opponents that's all. Picking carry/hard carry is always risky as we end with no supports.

Probably I'll need more practice with supports. Abaddon is perfect pick, he can support and push lanes as well. Lion, WD and shaman are insane killers and pushers as well but squishy.

Anyone know how to counter tiny in late game as riki or blood seeker. I got stunned when I hit him

I always pick range against him, otherwise i just get better DPS items than him along with BM. Never go solo against him, make sure creeps or allies are with you, reduces the chances of getting hit by his passive.

Hopefully, this weekend I'll get some wins.

Piyush

Lanaya
Haha, dont take JimBen seriously bro, you will end up having 4 reports per match. He makes those build for fun, though sometimes they work. If you have noticed, Jim says in the beginning of the video that how many times he have already tried with the particular build to win the game.

Purge is good.

azvnoit

Journeyman
Hehe, super slower sniper works for me, also gyrocopter build. But, yea, I'll get reports for sure for trying Dazzle-lator or that super stronk CM. Of the 3, purge is better, he makes achievable builds and genuine in game tips. Following Baumi is good if you are playing in party.

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
my sincere advice to anyone who wants to get better at this game, just don't play sniper..the most useless crap hero ever..should be removed from the game IMHO...every other carry hero is better than sniper any day

Piyush

Lanaya
my sincere advice to anyone who wants to get better at this game, just don't play sniper..the most useless crap hero ever..should be removed from the game IMHO...every other carry hero is better than sniper any day

But... more powder in his shot
*i.imgur.com/CiPccNy.png

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Is anything wrong with the matchmaking ?? I'm always get level 1-10 players as team mates (I'm at level 29) while the enemy team level ranges from 25-50 hw is this possible.

saiyaman

Journeyman

In Ranked games I usually get a support but I find that we lose a lot.

I find that Sniper is the safest pick I can take when I play solo MMR. I usually get crap players who throw mid and ruin the game. I force them to pick something else by picking second and dominate mid or play it safe and do not let the mid player farm too much at least even if I get owned 1 or two times.

Crazy and it works.

This happens at 2.5k MMR by the way.

azvnoit

Journeyman

Sniper is an easy right clicking hero against any line up if you have a versatile build. Know when to pick deso, skadi or mjollner. Which lifesteal item to get or to get vlad to stack with UAM. Crit or damage. Invi or not. IMO...very few heroes got such versatile build options.

Piyush

Lanaya
Sniper is an easy right clicking hero against any line up if you have a versatile build. Know when to pick deso, skadi or mjollner. Which lifesteal item to get or to get vlad to stack with UAM. Crit or damage. Invi or not. IMO...very few heroes got such versatile build options.

Everyone makes fun of me when i go Armlet Sniper

Top Bottom