Who are you?

• Total voters

uncommonaman

Broken In
yeah dota community is rather abusive..but you just keep playing.. you will improve..but you should read the guides ..and learn about the game more..try dotafire website they have plenty of guides..
if you ask me..just pick one hero which you find most comfortable with and play him until you figure out about the rest of the game tactics and strategy..and you slowly graduate.. there are lot of guides for new players ,videos etc....the heroes you mentioned even though they give you range advantage are not exactly noob friendly..
the hero i started with was Wraith king..he is tanky and not easy to die..as two lives got a stun..can impact game with minimal items..there is a lot to be explained..and learned..and there are players here who will help you.. just remember it takes a while to get the hang of it..so just keep going...

It's complicated. Some players are abusive while others (like players on TDF) are nice. And some players are like bots. They don't communicate at all. For example,one day, one girl in our team was talking in her native language and this guy called her a ***** and told her to STFU. Other day, one girl asked us to protect her and all 4 players went to the mid to protect her. Wanted to add her but didn't :(

And I completely agree about the guides. Earlier I used to thought that guides are bullshit and you have to experience the game yourself to learn it but I was so wrong. Started watching purge gameplay on YouTube recently and learned a lot. Learned to last hit and deny creeps. Learned about the importance of wards.

The reason I play with different heroes is because that way I get to learn their weaknesses. And it helps a lot when I'm going against them with my favourite hero (which changes a lot). Also it's kind of fun to play with different heroes.

Wraith king will happen next. Someone on this thread said good things about ogre magi so I played it in the morning and managed to get 12 kills 1 death and 12 assist. So In TDF suggestions I trust. Anyways thanks for encouraging me :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397667762.512948.jpg

Piyush

Lanaya
Also I have noted 1 thing.
People who started Dota 2 in its early Beta days have more RMM score as compared to guys who started later.

For eg: Ghouse, Sarath and Error.... All had 3.5- 3.6K mmr after the calibration was complete.
On the other hand Me, Ganesh (Bone) had 3- 3.1K mmr.
But Im assuming that both of the parties won most of the calibration matches as well. If I remember correctly, I won 8/10 party mmr matches which were to be calibrated and 7/10 in solo mmr. Also, those 3 guys with 3.5K mmr were/are actualy better players. So that is counted as well.

Well this is just my observation.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this credible? I mean, any Valve blog entry or just speculation?

Yea its true. I read it over dev.dota2.com from a post quoted (OP being the valve side dev... name was Milton i think).

Niilesh

Padawan
Is this credible? I mean, any Valve blog entry or just speculation?
It was not mentioned in the blog post. I didn't read the post by dev that piyush is referring to but it was quite clear after u could see your rating. You dont get matched up against total noobs but rather people similar to unranked in calibration matches and people doing experiments with smurfs confirmed it.

Well I'll be damned.

I can approve your MMR theory. Used to lurk a lot of games since I got the beta (directly from the program and not an invite). My initial MMR was somewhere around 3.1k (6/10) and I had a 50% winrate back then. A friend of mine was also an old timer, he got a 3.7k MMR for 9/10 and 63% winrate.

p.s. I think mine rapidly fell during the early MMR days because; obviously, I failed a considerable amount :D

uncommonaman

Broken In
It will be hell for you, until you reach LVL 13 and start to experience *some* kind of teamplay. Most new players now have to either face fake accounts, russians or the worst, experienced players teaming up with noobs. Try to play some support heroes and learn more about teamplay rather than aiming for max-anything. Do not let the gamification (points, items, drops) get to you. If you want to enjoy the game, NEVER EVER start trading until you are confident enough to play and you know enough to spot a scammer.

And most of all, make friends. If you like someone on your team, let them know and add them. You can find a surprisingly active community of players from India in South East Asia, and I'd suggest you choose EU West instead of EU East if going for European servers.

p.s. Most experienced players might be reluctant to play with you at first because of your level (includes me), and don't take it for a bad remark. Keep the company and play better :D

Can't wait to reach level 13. Can you explain to me how battle points work? Today I played very well and got only 46 points. Yesterday I played okay-ish and got 96 points. I haven't encountered a fake teammate yet and I don't play on Russian servers. Mostly South East Asia and East Europe. What I hate is people picking sniper, drow, viper and riki in most games. Once encountered a pro. He played pudge and his HP was 6000. He pulled me out of the fountain and killed me. It took 5 heroes to bring his health to 200 and at that point he commited sucide and said "am I a pro guys or what?". Want to get out of this <13 level hellhole ASAP.

This is the best advice ever but as much as I try to be a good teammate and help my teammates instead of stealing their kills, most teammates ditch me when I need their help. Like in the morning when I played ogre magi and tried to be as supportive as possible drow ditched me. At the start of the game I followed drow to the bottom because she was our carry and wanted to protect her and let her farm but she ditched me and went to the top with 2 other players. You can watch the replay if you want and maybe tell what I did wrong. Match Id is: 612540245

About friends, I was avoiding friends at first because no one wants to play with a noob. Also, I didn't want to die of embarrassment. But now I think I'm ready to make friends. I always commend my teammates when I like their gameplay. May I know why West EU over East? I have always picked East because it's closer.

Hoping to play with you one day :)

gameranand

Living to Play
[MENTION=153243]uncommonaman[/MENTION]
You can add all the TDF guys if you want. We are all good guys and not afraid of loosing at all, also if no one has recruited you then I can and you can play some bot matches with me to gain good XP points to get to level 10 fast. Also I am free after 22nd April so I can spend more time as well.
Add me. My Steam ID is in my signature, I am not so hard to find. :D

uncommonaman

Broken In
[MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] [MENTION=157653]Pasapa[/MENTION] @others_who_are_interested
Help this new guy [MENTION=153243]uncommonaman[/MENTION] since he is new. Since you guys are the recent additions to the members who play dota 2 from Tdf so I think you wont mind playing a pub matches with him :D

- - - Updated - - -

and if [MENTION=114127]debarshi[/MENTION] is ryuuji in steam, then him too :D

Huge thanks for the announcement bro. Looking forward to play with you guys.

uncommonaman

Broken In
[MENTION=153243]uncommonaman[/MENTION]
You can add all the TDF guys if you want. We are all good guys and not afraid of loosing at all, also if no one has recruited you then I can and you can play some bot matches with me to gain good XP points to get to level 10 fast. Also I am free after 22nd April so I can spend more time as well.
Add me. My Steam ID is in my signature, I am not so hard to find. :D

Thanks bro. So far I feel like I have been welcomed to the TDF dota community. And I really appreciate it.
Adding you soon and I will try to reach level 13 by 22nd April. I think it's doable if I skip college.

cable map
EU East may seem geographically closer, but I think the fiber pipelines reach EU West first (not 100% sure, check their pings and see). EU East = russian server basically.

Perseverance (not the item) is what you learn/earn while playing as a newcomer. Only time can meld out a good player. I hate to say this but Drow is my best played hero till date, next to Clinkz. I suggest you try him once, has an escape mechanism/gank advantage and is a perfect snowball hero (one that increases its potency to kill as it gets more kills/assists).

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks bro. So far I feel like I have been welcomed to the TDF dota community. And I really appreciate it.
Adding you soon and I will try to reach level 13 by 22nd April. I think it's doable if I skip college.

Don't. 22 backlogs and a messed up main project. Trust me.

Last edited:

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

Welcome to tdf. You will get opportunities to play with the pros from tdf just by donating mythical/rare items. Since your name starts with uncommon, so you can negotiate to uncommon as well.

Just Kidding, and no need to skip college, we play in night or weekends only. Go to the first page of this thread, there you will find tdf users steam profile who plays dota. Feel free to add us.

Niilesh

Padawan
No magic will suddenly happen when you reach lv13 it can happen anytime(gradually). Also try to read/watch about mechanics too as you are new.

gameranand

Living to Play

Always play the game, don't let the game play with you.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Also I have noted 1 thing.
People who started Dota 2 in its early Beta days have more RMM score as compared to guys who started later.

For eg: Ghouse, Sarath and Error.... All had 3.5- 3.6K mmr after the calibration was complete.
On the other hand Me, Ganesh (Bone) had 3- 3.1K mmr.
But Im assuming that both of the parties won most of the calibration matches as well. If I remember correctly, I won 8/10 party mmr matches which were to be calibrated and 7/10 in solo mmr. Also, those 3 guys with 3.5K mmr were/are actualy better players. So that is counted as well.

Well this is just my observation.

I started with only 2700 MMR :(
I somehow made my way up to 3300 but it's quite competitive now and winning is hard

I am playing only ranked matches now because the skill level seems to be much better balanced than normal matchmaking. Nothing is perfect but still it's more challenging playing ranked matches. But you won't really be happy for too long :'( It's brutal

Piyush

Lanaya
I started with only 2700 MMR :(
I somehow made my way up to 3300 but it's quite competitive now and winning is hard

I am playing only ranked matches now because the skill level seems to be much better balanced than normal matchmaking. Nothing is perfect but still it's more challenging playing ranked matches. But you won't really be happy for too long :'( It's brutal
5 man party MMR matches ?

uncommonaman

Broken In
cable map
EU East may seem geographically closer, but I think the fiber pipelines reach EU West first (not 100% sure, check their pings and see). EU East = russian server basically.

Perseverance (not the item) is what you learn/earn while playing as a newcomer. Only time can meld out a good player. I hate to say this but Drow is my best played hero till date, next to Clinkz. I suggest you try him once, has an escape mechanism/gank advantage and is a perfect snowball hero (one that increases its potency to kill as it gets more kills/assists).

- - - Updated - - -

Don't. 22 backlogs and a messed up main project. Trust me.

Will try EU west and post the ping. I like heroes like husker, viper and drow. They are good for harassing foes and I get an immense pleasure from harassing. Gives you early game advantage. Just read about clinkz. Seems like my type of hero. With fire arrows + invisibility for 35 seconds, one can turn this thing into a killing machine.

Don't want backlogs. Anything but backlogs. And I am skipping college because college buses are taken for election duty.

Last edited:

uncommonaman

Broken In
Welcome to tdf. You will get opportunities to play with the pros from tdf just by donating mythical/rare items. Since your name starts with uncommon, so you can negotiate to uncommon as well.

Just Kidding, and no need to skip college, we play in night or weekends only. Go to the first page of this thread, there you will find tdf users steam profile who plays dota. Feel free to add us.

Lol didn't know you could donate rare items. And if all it takes is sacrificing rare items to play with pros from TDF then I'm willing to make that sacrifice.
And hyhy skipped exams for dota. I am only skipping boring lectures. But then again he is a pro and he it did for the respect of the community and of course for the 1 million US dollar.

Piyush

Lanaya
I kinda want try dota but sometimes comment like this makes me hesitant : (

Well this problem occurs only when you are playing public matches when alone. And that too only for those who somewhat new to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol didn't know you could donate rare items. And if all it takes is sacrificing rare items to play with pros from TDF then I'm willing to make that sacrifice.
And hyhy skipped exams for dota. I am only skipping boring lectures. But then again he is a pro and he it did for the respect of the community and of course for the 1 million US dollar.

And he is in military services right now :)

Anyways, add all of the members from this thread on steam . You'll find at least 2 people at any point of time (except sleeping hrs)
Most of us play after 7pm to 1 am on weekdays.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=22610]hsr[/MENTION]
Where are you these days? Training started already?

Top Bottom