Who are you?

• Total voters

Piyush

Lanaya
guys is something wrong with ranked MM? my MMR is down from 3700 to 3390...yesterday I played with axe and totally owned in early-mid game but our mirana and sf fed like crazy and made bs and np fat and we lost in the end :-x

Lol you still playing RMM?!?!?
I stopped playing that cesspool of matchmaking 3 months back when I came down to 2.7K from 3k
Things are a lot better now as I have almost 51% winrate now overall :D

Piyush

Lanaya
Well I know the full form, I wanna know what exactly it is and how it differs from normal Pub matches.
Its complex to explain RMM since we players didnt get any solid info regarding how it works too in the first place.
But according to dota devs, RMM is a score given to players after match according to the "quality" of match and RMM of other players playing in that match.
Thats all I remember since the last time I read about it

ganeshnokiae63

Hardcore Gamer
RMM gives two rating : party and solo
its like Chess with ELO rating ,players starts with 1800 rating , by winning games in tournaments that point will be raised andwill be reduced by losing the games
when rating is high , you will be matchmaked to better players..

Last edited:

Pasapa

Live to die another day
[MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] [MENTION=157653]Pasapa[/MENTION] @others_who_are_interested
Help this new guy [MENTION=153243]uncommonaman[/MENTION] since he is new. Since you guys are the recent additions to the members who play dota 2 from Tdf so I think you wont mind playing a pub matches with him :D

- - - Updated - - -

and if [MENTION=114127]debarshi[/MENTION] is ryuuji in steam, then him too :D

i stopped playing dota. In the 130+ matches i played in it , there was only like 10 matches which was close enough (horrible match making ). The rest of the matches were decided in 10 minutes. Also there were alot of issues like constant player disconnections, ass hole behaviour..
And besides most of you guys are already playing while i log in to the game which leaves me to play solo which imho sucks in dota big time.. i'll play when they fix the damn matchmaking..

gameranand

Living to Play
i stopped playing dota. In the 130+ matches i played in it , there was only like 10 matches which was close enough (horrible match making ). The rest of the matches were decided in 10 minutes. Also there were alot of issues like constant player disconnections, ass hole behaviour..
And besides most of you guys are already playing while i log in to the game which leaves me to play solo which imho sucks in dota big time.. i'll play when they fix the damn matchmaking..

That is indeed a sadness. That is the reason I only with the TDF guys, whenever they invite me then I play, even if I am doing something else then I'll pause that work to play because I know that after that it would be really hard to play after that with random people.

Niilesh

Padawan
guys is something wrong with ranked MM? my MMR is down from 3700 to 3390...yesterday I played with axe and totally owned in early-mid game but our mirana and sf fed like crazy and made bs and np fat and we lost in the end :-x
Report it on dev forum. this exact thing happened to few other people sometime back but it was fixed after some days.

Well I know the full form, I wanna know what exactly it is and how it differs from normal Pub matches.
Basically it is same as unranked pub matches but in RMM they give you a number which is visible to your friends so basically only attitude of people is different.

If you still get at least one person who disconnect every game after 130+ game than probably your rating is quite low. Try creating a new account and play your best heroes in first few matches see if that helps.

snap

Lurker

I kinda want try dota but sometimes comment like this makes me hesitant : (

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Well, i don't play ranked games and i do have like 53% win rate. Not quite sure if that's the problem.

Niilesh

Padawan
Well, i don't play ranked games and i do have like 53% win rate. Not quite sure if that's the problem.

You still have a hidden unranked rating attached to it also Win rate doesn't tell anything. I saw one 70% WR with 5.5 K and one person @53% WR at 6.5 K .

40 to 60 percent is the "okay" winrate for Dota 2. Anything above, you should start playing MMR and do twitch. Anything below, welllll there's LoL?

Niilesh

Padawan
even Arteezy has 56% win rate

- - - Updated - - -

Well, what does the rating depend on?
Nobody(except people at valve?) knows exactly but it depends upon the stats like KDA,hero damage, etc. for some number of games till system thinks you have reached your rating then it only depends upon the people you are playing with and the game outcome

I haven't played for some time but when I did, there was a +/- 20 to 30 increase in the rating per a win/loss. The initial rating or the MMR had been calculated in 10 calibration matches (I was 30+ level back when it was introduced).

The ratings (as a personal opinion), may depend on match outcome, team play dynamics, role contribution, builds, and possibly a myriad of other algorithms. Nobody exactly knows how it works and nobody probably ever will. The player pool is now much corrupted with fake accounts and bots, and RMM failed its sole purpose: better gameplay.

from here:
Here’s what you need to know about ranked matchmaking
Subliminally saying "Don't ask for details plsthxman"

Niilesh

Padawan
^ RMM rating does not just depend upon the 10 calibration matches they also depend upon the hidden unranked rating before calibration

Top Bottom