Who are you?

• Total voters
What do you guys think about the following builds on Skywrath mage, for playing as an aggressive support.
Build 1: Mana boots, Ghost scpeter, rod of atos
Build 2: Mana boots, Forcestaff, veil of discord

Which one is better? and any alternate suggestions?

P.S: please suggest keeping in mind that as a support wont be able to farm things like diagon, etheral or orchid...

Aggresive support u say? Ghostscepter aggresive? only if u are going for ethereal blade with it... and Mana boots? its support equipment. Better go phase boot..thats friggin aggresive :D lol
Veil of Discord...too late and its not a support item in any situation. By that time Pipes and BKBs will be ringing everywhere.
Nonetheless, for a aggresive support build with Skywrath i would suggest--

Bottle->Phase boots-->Force Staff-->---BloodStone--->GhostScepter--> Ethereal --->Hex (assuming u are controlling runes well at start or bottling with courier)

Dont go for Atos unless u are playing a pub game where such luxuries are considered "pro" . And its a 5v 5 game, there are other disablers to help your combo...
Bloodstone is needed for survival and mana pool and is supportive in the sense ur death will heal nearby allies.

What sets Skywrath aggresive is his 2nd, 3rd, and Ulti. The 1st skill is more like a continuous vision giver. So dont go crazy for INT, go for mana pool. Ulti is friggin 650 mana at lvl 11 i think >_<
Cast 1st, 2nd and 3rd and no mana for ulti LOL..u dont want that to happen..
In CM games and tournament ladder matches, Bloodstone is what Skywrath goes for, a must item. Like Bottle-->Stick-->Arcane-->start building bloodstone starting from Mana Booster.

And ya, Skywrath is not a pure support hero. He's a Ganker/Nuker. If he is slouchy in the start,or fails at ganking, he may as well quit.

anyone here plays invoker?

anyone here plays invoker?
Me :) In tourneys if my captain picks invoker (if we get first pick and its not banned) he gives me the epic responsibility to play this INT CARRY. Mastered it by playing it continuously weeks before Asylum DOtA tournament in 2012

Aggresive support u say? Ghostscepter aggresive? only if u are going for ethereal blade with it... and Mana boots? its support equipment. Better go phase boot..thats friggin aggresive :D lol
Veil of Discord...too late and its not a support item in any situation. By that time Pipes and BKBs will be ringing everywhere.
Nonetheless, for a aggresive support build with Skywrath i would suggest--

Bottle->Phase boots-->Force Staff-->---BloodStone--->GhostScepter--> Ethereal --->Hex (assuming u are controlling runes well at start or bottling with courier)

Yes.. i had thought of phase, but was worried about the mana requirements.... and do you think there is need for phase when you have a force staff?
Ghost scepter was just in case I get enough fram by feeding on the enemy supports to get an etheral.... also to avoid physical attacks from the enemy carries.
I agree with your veiw of Veil, but its still good to nuke the supports.. as they wouldnt be able to buy BKB...

A_ashish_A

Journeyman
ok got in dota2 servers and played a couple of matches... awesome game:bananana: Again a lots of thanks to arjit and all other tdf bros for help. plz do add me on steam. my steam id is ashish_8244 :)

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
you can give that to me :D

Anyway, you got that because steam trading card goes live yesterday. Every game will drop half of its maximum dropable card. So you will get 3 more crds. And it depends on how much time you play a game.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
play Dota 2 now and you can see others are getting that cards at the end of the game
still no card for me :(

Nope. :cry:
Steam Trading Cards FAQ
What about free to play games like Team Fortress 2 or Dota 2?
Free to play games drop game cards based on your in-game purchasing. For every $9 USD spent (approximate) since the start of the Steam Trading Card Beta, you will earn one card drop. This card will drop at some point as you play. If you have made in-game purchases in Dota 2 or Team Fortress 2 prior to the Steam Trading Card Beta, or if you owned Team Fortress 2 prior to the Free to Play update, you will have 4 or 5 additional card drops available.
:-x:muttering::hissyfit::hissyfit::punch::punch::punch::punch::punch::-x

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
receiving uncompressed update data from server my ASS ! stupid VALVE 6 days LPQ, they havent fixed this bug since 2011. :(

fps drops to 5-10 from 60 and latency spikes to 180 from 100

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
^fps drop is because of your wooden pc :p Everytime your loading completes after 1 minute mark

How to create guild in dota 2?

We can create our own guild which will include all tdf members. Anyone having idea what are the requirement of creating guild?

ganeshnokiae63

Hardcore Gamer
nice matchmaking
*imageshack.com/scaled/large/266/d5gr.jpg
slark - joker
Visage - morningstar

How to create a guild?
click here

Last edited:
Top Bottom