Who are you?

• Total voters

Gtb93

In the zone
Necronomicon is really useful for a hero like you.
Use it when you are about to take down tower. And when you use your ulti, your necro units also get bonus speed and dmg crits. Plus both of those units have certain abilities that may help you, like one of them gives true sight around 1000 radius, very useful to keep a check around you for enemy invi heroes and wards.

Ohoh. Didn't know Necronomicons could do that. :D
Next time definitely.

Also, what should I carry for health regen? My inventory normally is full of stuff such that I can't make room for healing salve etc, and everytime I go to base and come back, I miss the chance to level up 1 or 2.

Piyush

Lanaya
Ohoh. Didn't know Necronomicons could do that. :D
Next time definitely.

Also, what should I carry for health regen? My inventory normally is full of stuff such that I can't make room for healing salve etc, and everytime I go to base and come back, I miss the chance to level up 1 or 2.

when you have Vlad, you dont have to worry about heal, no?
Still, if you want, carry a salve or a TP scroll. Some guys prefer bottle

gamer.geek

Broken In
For starting with lycan, don't go for default build. Get a Ring of basilius along with 2 clarities so that you can have sufficient mana. I always go for this. If your team is allowing to jungle, then get morbid mask else get boots, but don't upgrade to power treads soon. Next try building Vlad's asap. And go for rosh with your team. Remember, you can't solo him easily like Ursa, u need your teams support to do that.

I usually go for armlet of mordiggian fr the mana regen and its awesome active ability.

Once you have all these, you can quite easily push towers down.

Hope this helps. If u need more info, then ask here. Everyone will love helping.

Gtb93

In the zone
when you have Vlad, you dont have to worry about heal, no?
Still, if you want, carry a salve or a TP scroll. Some guys prefer bottle

Ah yes. Thanks.

For starting with lycan, don't go for default build. Get a Ring of basilius along with 2 clarities so that you can have sufficient mana. I always go for this. If your team is allowing to jungle, then get morbid mask else get boots, but don't upgrade to power treads soon. Next try building Vlad's asap. And go for rosh with your team. Remember, you can't solo him easily like Ursa, u need your teams support to do that.

I usually go for armlet of mordiggian fr the mana regen and its awesome active ability.

Once you have all these, you can quite easily push towers down.

Hope this helps. If u need more info, then ask here. Everyone will love helping.

Yes, I do go for ring of basilius straight away, and often with clarity as mana is pretty important when playing with this hero.
I don't really go jungling early, I tend to go later once wolves are lvl3/lvl4. I love irritating the enemy heros when they're trying to farm(using wolves) and constantly keep farming on my own.
Also, I thought power treads were pretty useful for lycan? And yes, Vlad is always there in my inventory.

Moving on to other things.
What's the best thing to get for running speed? I feel a faster enemy has always been a bane for Lycan. Once I shapeshift yes, it gets pretty fast but otherwise when I chase a fleeing enemy I feel like lycan is VERY slow.

Also,
I try to max out wolves, and feral impulse first. Howl next in preference, and then finally shapeshift. Is this a good way to go? My main priority mostly is taking down towers, if I don't pair up with an ally that can slow enemies in my favour.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Ah yes. Thanks.

Yes, I do go for ring of basilius straight away, and often with clarity as mana is pretty important when playing with this hero.
I don't really go jungling early, I tend to go later once wolves are lvl3/lvl4. I love irritating the enemy heros when they're trying to farm(using wolves) and constantly keep farming on my own.
Also, I thought power treads were pretty useful for lycan? And yes, Vlad is always there in my inventory.

Moving on to other things.
What's the best thing to get for running speed? I feel a faster enemy has always been a bane for Lycan. Once I shapeshift yes, it gets pretty fast but otherwise when I chase a fleeing enemy I feel like lycan is VERY slow.

Also,
I try to max out wolves, and feral impulse first. Howl next in preference, and then finally shapeshift. Is this a good way to go? My main priority mostly is taking down towers, if I don't pair up with an ally that can slow enemies in my favour.

Phase boots,Boots of Travel(+100 movement speed),MoM(+100 movement speed when activated)

Gtb93

In the zone
Getting owned :C
Friends telling me it's normal during beginner stages..
Every match I come up against some skilled Invoker/SpiritBr :S

I won one though :p
*i.imgur.com/4ZABZcF.jpg

Piyush

Lanaya
That's what i meant :)

Oh my bad, didnt read that "received" word :D

-----------------------------------------------------------
Anyways, 8 match winning streak came to an end (which is hard to come by while playing in incomplete parties), thanks to the gay heroes riki-SB combo from enemy team and some good support, initiation by Timbersaw and Shaman.
Our Bh was having lag or so he said, and I lagged 2 times in crucial team fight ( I wonder if its a steam. Dota issue or my laptop just do it during such events).

rapusa

Journeyman
Our Bh was having lag or so he said, and I lagged 2 times in crucial team fight ( I wonder if its a steam. Dota issue or my laptop just do it during such events).
Most of time its your system or network connection. Happens a lot to me when game is crowded when all players come together at one location . which is usually team fight or ganks in dota 2.Try lowering graphics setting, this can help if your system causing this.

flyingcow

Shibe
plis halp!!
i want to play dota 2, i downloaded almost all the game, then when i opened steam to resume the download, it says 401 mb downloaded out of 4.1 GB!! i checked the steam library folder, it is 6.94 GB filled, only with dota 2. please help me i dont ewant to download again...

Top Bottom