Do people still use fountain pens?

jaden

Right off the assembly line
I use fountain pens for three reasons:- Comport, Legibility and Low Cost. A fountain pen trains you to write with light pressure and is much less tiring than a ballpoint, roller ball or pencil.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
I used to love fountain pens while I was in school. Now I have moved to use ball pen & don't use fountain pen at all.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Yeah i still use those, and i have a favorite model Here 221, anyone here used it?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Yes, I use both fountain pen and ball point pen, but mostly relies on fountain pen. Use ball pen only where it is 'compulsory'. Parker ftw!! No other ball point pen or fountain pen can match their quality.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Guess you haven't used Pierrie Cardin's Masterpiece fountain pens. They are even smoother than Parker and don't even get me started on Lammy. Boy! talk about quality. Lammy will put Parker down.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Guess you haven't used Pierrie Cardin's Masterpiece fountain pens. They are even smoother than Parker and don't even get me started on Lammy. Boy! talk about quality. Lammy will put Parker down.

The reason I don't like Lammy is:

I find lammy nibs too thick,but they are affordable.

^^ He posted here before I posted.

About Pierrie Cardin's, they are not widely available here at Kolkata.

red dragon

Master troll
They are,shoppers stop at south city had good collection the last time I visited.
There is another good shop in hiland park ground floor,do not remember the name,but it had some impressive collection.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Oh, thanks for telling me.. :) I'll definitely buy a good one next time I visit south city mall.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I used fountain pens a lot during my schooling..I can say I have lost almost 10~15 fountain pens (got stolen in class).

got A++ in my chemistry practical submissions due to fountain pens.(I improves handwriting a lot u know).

I still remember people suggesting Chinese Pens in those days.

then in College I dumped fountain pens & started using ball pens but I have also seen the trend of Gel Pens (Ad-Gel) in school.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I still remember buying Rs. 5 bottles of ink (I suppose, brand name was Canon), to refill my fountain or ink pen, on lots of occasions.
Writing felt good with those pen. But problem was it was not water proof. So even a drop of water would spoil the paper.

So never continued writing with fountain pen after school.
Now, Reynolds Ball Pen FTW! :-D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I have seen people using the white colored pilot pens (which produces an ink like fountain pen).
they costed rs 50 at that time.

R2K

In the Zone
Used those while I was in high School. Had 2 Parker fountain pens which I loved. But after 10th Grade forget about fountain pens sometimes I didn't even care to carry a pen to school... :D......

Top Bottom