Do people still use fountain pens?

RBX

In the zone
Last time I used a fountain pen was maybe in class 6th. During an experiment, I once filled water in my pen, tried writing with it; nothing happened.
The paper used for test was the front page of notebook I had borrowed from a friend. When he opened it days later, the front page had weird markings on it :grin:

P.S. It is not like I try ruining borrowed stuff, it somehow just happened as I didn't see anything being written.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
WOW, that was a bump indeed! 2 yrs. Anyway happy to know few used fountain pens.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
So Din after 2 years bump from the above poster to you,whats the news..?
Are people still using ink pods ? Perhaps on a flight its far easy to know answer to this question, who exactly are using fountain.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Sorry for digging up very old thread.
I'm LF an inexpensive [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Fountain Pen for drawing & writing too.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I use to remember in old days there were many color of inks like green,light pink including blue & black.
[/FONT]Still these days Fountain Pen widely available or it become obsolete and expensive ?
I want to buy a pen and ink under Rs.200/-.
All I found Parker and very very expensive Fountain Pens online.

ashs1

Padawan
whoa !

you can easily get Hero Fountain pens for around Rs.100..Ink should be around Rs 50 i guess.. :)

tkin

Back to school!!
Get WingSung fountain pen, it looks like this:
*forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f221/777511d1343658857-review-wing-sung-730-rimg0137.jpg

Cost used to be around 100/-, not sure now, a bottle of camel ink and you're good to go.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Stopped using fountain pen because of the ink spillage and maintenance effort. And at job it's better to use ball pen.

Whoever told that learning cursive was compulsory can go back to school. Mainly used it for that but stopped cursive long ago.

tkin

Back to school!!
Stopped using fountain pen because of the ink spillage and maintenance effort. And at job it's better to use ball pen.

Whoever told that learning cursive was compulsory can go back to school. Mainly used it for that but stopped cursive long ago.
I use cursive by default :p

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
stopped writing in 1996 at college. But i still posses that FOUNTAIN pen.

DSC03649.jpg

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Thank u guys for replies!

whoa !

you can easily get Hero Fountain pens for around Rs.100..Ink should be around Rs 50 i guess.. :)
Is there any particular model no ?
Please someone tell me where can I get these locally.

Get WingSung fountain pen, it looks like this:
*forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f221/777511d1343658857-review-wing-sung-730-rimg0137.jpg

Cost used to be around 100/-, not sure now, a bottle of camel ink and you're good to go.

What a coincident man. :D
After lot of search I found my WinSung too(bought in 1996).
But,ur looks like new one mine become old.
Just cleaned it but still don't know if it is in working condition or not until I got the ink.
WingSung Fountain Pen.jpg

stopped writing in 1996 at college. But i still posses that FOUNTAIN pen.

View attachment 14224
Old school.

I use cursive by default :p
Mee too. ;)

nickzcool

Broken In
I first used fountain pen in 6 th class and iam using them till now it is parker (costs around 150 to 200) and yes the camlin ink is available in the market . :D

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Maybe I am the only one who absolutely don't like fountain pens any more :| I don't like if there's any friction / resistance between the paper and the pen.

As this topic is about pens, do you guys mind recommending me a good 'gel' pen? I use some Trimax for a long time now, but need something more smooth, a lot smooth.

nickzcool

Broken In
Classmate octane a good gel pen smooth nice grip and nice overall look . Here is a pic.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398134203533.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398134203533.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 109

nickzcool

Broken In
Maybe I am the only one who absolutely don't like fountain pens any more :| I don't like if there's any friction / resistance between the paper and the pen.
It really depens on the papper and the ammount of force u put on the pen to write if you put a lot of force on the pen as lot of people and screw up the nib destroying the premium experience of a good fountain pen . And besides you can get best cursive curves of a fountain pen and don't forget calligraphy.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Friction depend on the pen and paper u using.
Nib and paper quality make difference.
But,little bit of friction required for writing.
Without very low or no friction u can't write properly.
Course, you won't be able to write properly without any friction, that's physics, but I don't like how much effort I need to put to write properly with a fountain pen. With Gel pens it's an awesome experience for me, I don't need to put much pressure, and the ink flows. I use standard paper dude, what's available in my area, those pioneer papers.
Classmate octane a good gel pen smooth nice grip and nice overall look . Here is a pic.
Thanks. So it'll better than the Trimax right? I will carry it and it should write good on any type of paper. The problem with Trimax is, when the paper quality isn't up to the mark the writing experience is horrible!
So I am ordering one, but from where? Checked eBay and Flipkart, nah..

PS : Price isn't an issue, as long as the refill is available.

Top Bottom