Do people still use fountain pens?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The problem is I don't find them to be good enough :p And also my beautiful handwriting doesn't come true with fountain pens.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
My hand writing just readable enough even though not beautiful.But,due to my current situation I need to improve without having other choice. :(

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Best of luck. I bettered myself by holding the pen very close to the nib, makes you kinda slow, but gives you much better control, thus better handwriting :)

nickzcool

Broken In
Thanks. So it'll better than the Trimax right? I will carry it and it should write good on any type of paper. The problem with Trimax is, when the paper quality isn't up to the mark the writing experience is horrible!
So I am ordering one, but from where? Checked eBay and Flipkart, nah..

PS : Price isn't an issue, as long as the refill is available.
Here *www.flipkart.com/classmate-octane-pack-20-gel-pen/p/itmdcmfxsafbqbgx you can also try it locally .

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i used to love writing with fountain pens.

i had a vast collection.

particularly, a 24k gold tipped Parker. it is an heirloom. passed on from my great grand father. it wrote like anything, and due to all the writing, it was smoother than the smoothest ballpen today.

ratul

█████████████████
Friction depend on the pen and paper u using.
Nib and paper quality make difference.
But,little bit of friction required for writing.
Without very low or no friction u can't write properly.

this reminded of this:
*www.stationeryin.com/adminpanel/uploadimg/318reynolds%20Liqiflo.jpg

Used to use this "Reynolds Liquiflo" when i was in 10th, very less friction, and my god, even i used to say "Ye kya likha hai? :blank:" reading my own notes during exams.. :p
And 10th class was the last time i used a fountain pen, not able to recall it's name, but it was a cheap one, about 50-60rs.. :)

ashs1

Padawan
this reminded of this:
*www.stationeryin.com/adminpanel/uploadimg/318reynolds%20Liqiflo.jpg

Used to use this "Reynolds Liquiflo" when i was in 10th, very less friction, and my god, even i used to say "Ye kya likha hai? :blank:" reading my own notes during exams.. :p
And 10th class was the last time i used a fountain pen, not able to recall it's name, but it was a cheap one, about 50-60rs.. :)

I got this pen few days back..damn, Incredibly smooth movement, but it resulted in Extremely bad handwriting. :(

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
50-60 in 10th (assuming yours was around 2006) was not cheap by any means. Heck the costliest I bought was of 40rs.

Normal costs for fountains used to cost around 15-25rs; combine it with a flora nib and chelpark ink, you're good to go.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
50-60 in 10th (assuming yours was around 2006) was not cheap by any means. Heck the costliest I bought was of 40rs.

Normal costs for fountains used to cost around 15-25rs; combine it with a flora nib and chelpark ink, you're good to go.

I used to use Chelpark Ink too.
I guess Chelpark,Camlin,Sulekha all stop manufacturing ink.
Only see Parker these days and Bril is not available in East India AFAIK.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Camlin is still there

But,no as good as Chelpark,Bril(from South India) or Sulekha(Est India).
BTW,Is any connection between Parker(India) and Chelpark ink ?

Any one from Kolkata can tell me shop name or address from where I can get Hero,Old school brand like Camlin or Platinum Preppy ?
I think any semi flexible fine nib will work good for writing.
Saw Chinese brand Jinhao,Baoe at ebay(IN) but they seems overprice.
Chinese should not be that expensive I guess.

ratul

█████████████████
I got this pen few days back..damn, Incredibly smooth movement, but it resulted in Extremely bad handwriting. :(

haha, so after so many years, their legacy still continues.. :p

yup, it was in 2006, hmm, didn't thought it to be expensive, one of my friends had some very expensive fountain pen (he used to quote ~500 for them), and i used to thought that's expensive.. :p used to use some local ink refills, small tube like plastic containers filled with ink, you needed to prick a hole in the lid and then suck out the ink into the fountain pen, remember used to ruin school desks doing that..(and hands too.. :p).. :razz:

Top Bottom