Digital Camera : Sony or Panasonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

hailgautam

Youngling
ya they are good, and a bit expensive also....generally you will find them in Shoppers Stop, Lifestyle, Central type malls (well in hyderabad at leaset) the pouch you would want would set you down by around Rs. 1500/-

and preman, you can call me gautam :)

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
hailgautam said:
ya they are good, and a bit expensive also....generally you will find them in Shoppers Stop, Lifestyle, Central type malls (well in hyderabad at leaset) the pouch you would want would set you down by around Rs. 1500/-

Oh Man, if only I could lay my hands on koolbluez pouch :D .

BTW,koolbluez are you sure you dont have a spare pouch to gift me ? ;)

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
Here are some pics ...

*img341.imageshack.us/img341/5342/dsc00208qk0.th.jpg
*img341.imageshack.us/img341/6645/picture067fa3.th.jpg
*img341.imageshack.us/img341/3497/picture079ey7.th.jpg
*img341.imageshack.us/img341/8538/picture101tr7.th.jpg
*img341.imageshack.us/img341/9347/picture177xl8.th.jpg
*img341.imageshack.us/img341/226/picture188th4.th.jpg
*img341.imageshack.us/img341/3931/picture160ph0.th.jpg
*img341.imageshack.us/img341/3289/picture121em1.th.jpg
*img341.imageshack.us/img341/366/picture032aw8.th.jpg
*img341.imageshack.us/img341/6337/dsc00236ia8.th.jpg
*img341.imageshack.us/img341/3995/dsc00230ul4.th.jpg

hope you like them :rolleyes:

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
2day I got a deal of 20£ for a tripod...was of German make and it felt real sturdy. Do you people think I should go for it ? :confused: Similar ones from SONY cost over Rs. 3000.:mad:

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
Well, today I got HAMA tripod for £9.9. *www.hama.co.uk/bilder/00004/abb/00004142abb.jpg

Actual price was £20 but it was a clearance sale. The model is Tripod Star 42 . I also had a quote of £20 for Tripod Star 61 . I am a casual photographer and I opted for the former. What I missed are tripod carry bag/Crank for middle leg/Spirit level. However other than the carry case, others are not important to me as of now. I have tried the thing and it works like a charm. Feels sturdy, too. Lets hope this is going to come handy in my trips.:D

I also had a quote of £10 for a camera carry bag similar to that of koolbluez...however I decided to wait and see if I get a better deal in future. ;)

alienspiesu

Journeyman
Sony DSC-H5 definitely dude.. dnt even think abt nethng else.. im much impressed wid the quality of images wid my DSC-500 .. so i trust sony.. wel go for the H5..

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
alienspiesu said:
Sony DSC-H5 definitely dude.. dnt even think abt nethng else.. im much impressed wid the quality of images wid my DSC-500 .. so i trust sony.. wel go for the H5..

Well I already went for it ;)

In US I could have got DSC-H9 for $400 :mad: now thats a shame.

BTW, I want to buy another pair of NI-MH batteries (for backup). A pair of Sony comes around Rs. 500 so is it better to go for it or is there any other alternative?

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Sanyo's good... go for 2700/2900mAH

Can any1 tell me whether this is fake? It might not... but still a confirmation :D
*img137.imageshack.us/img137/7239/dsc01167oq0.th.jpg

@ royal... me too now a little disheartened by the entry of H9 :(
I luved the swivel LCD of Canon S3 IS, but opted for a bigger 3.0 " screen in H5. Now H9 comes with a 3" swivel LCD :O

Last edited:

hailgautam

Youngling
royal said:
And with "night vision" :(
I think Night vision would be practically useless.

I have a Sony H 42 Video Camera, it too have a night vision, what it does is to use the Infra Red Light to show the in the dark. The range is very near and when you shoot it the frames per second drop a lot, giving a cellphone Video like look. Plus the colors are also not at all natural. having said all this, it makes a sense to have a night vision coz most of the video cameras don't come with a flash, and with the help of night vision you can take good picture in the near range.

What you going to do with a night vision of Still Camera where you got the flash to augment the low light condition in near range:cool:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
NV!?!?! No... it's not NightVision.. it's NightShot.
The H9 camera is the only Cyber-shot model in this year’s line to feature NightShot technology. This feature allows you to take photographs in environments with virtually no light so you won’t miss the action, even at a late night game.
Both cameras’ high sensitivity (up to ISO 3200) will also help preserve the mood of your pictures by capturing well-exposed, natural-looking photos, even in challenging low-light conditions. You can shoot at higher shutter speeds to take in the maximum amount of light without using the flash. Picture noise, common to pictures shot at high ISO levels, is minimized by Sony's Clear RAW noise reduction technology.
NightVision is done [SIZE=-1]by detecting infrared radiation, which is a form of energy emitted by all objects regardless of the ambient light conditions. It could b [/SIZE]enhanced spectral range and/or enhanced intensity range.

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/52/Nightvision.jpg/180px-Nightvision.jpg

Last edited:
OP
royal

royal

Padawan
hailgautam said:
What you going to do with a night vision of Still Camera where you got the flash to augment the low light condition in near range:cool:

Maybe I dont want the subject to know I am taking a pic :D

drgrudge what did you finally settle for ?

koolbluez did you get that pair of SANYO ? Is it reliable ??? :confused:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
As they mentioned it, NightShot's actually high iso, lower dust picture taking. So, it's useful anyway.

I bought a 2-pack. Costed me around 300/-INR. It's original, i suppose. And by the talk, it's one of the most reliable rechargable AA battery companies ever, more than the original Sony! Had no prob till now. My 2500 Sony (which came default with the camera) gave me around 150 shots (low no. because i always use zoom & run the camera continuous :D). The 2700 Sanyo gives me @least 250 shots :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom