Digital Camera : Sony or Panasonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

hailgautam

Youngling
Hey guys i went to Pondichery recently, took some snaps there, hope you like them.

*bp3.blogger.com/_b_nHz7732To/RdnvheYHoMI/AAAAAAAAAW8/Kl39es8BC2g/s400/IMG_0119.JPG

*bp2.blogger.com/_b_nHz7732To/Rdnw3OYHobI/AAAAAAAAAY0/GgMo0Ruo7vg/s400/IMG_0138.JPG

*bp1.blogger.com/_b_nHz7732To/Rdnw2-YHoZI/AAAAAAAAAYk/zyC3aZIlStk/s400/IMG_0136.JPG

*bp3.blogger.com/_b_nHz7732To/RdnyFeYHowI/AAAAAAAAAbc/10UHRL5Thpw/s400/IMG_0170.JPG

More at Pondichery in 2hrs

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
Hello can anybody suggest what is the best battery for DSC i.e. NiMH/AA/NiLi etc? :confused: and what are the respective prices (along with charger for rechargable ones)?

Also give the price of DSC CarryBag :)

hailgautam

Youngling
nimh are the better battery type because they provide more power, for longer duration. also the life of these batteries are longer compared to any other.

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Yes, NiMH will be better and it will last hundreds of charges. Price will depend on brand, mah rating etc. Get a brand like Sony, Sanyo, Uniross etc with > 2000 mah. It will cost Rs.125-150. Charger also will cost depending on brand and whether normal, fast or ultra fast. A good fast charger should cost aroud 1K and a normal (which takes about 6 hours to charge 4 AA cells) one about Rs.250.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Can i use my normal rechargable AA batteries instead of the costlier NiMh batteries in my Sony H5 camera? Any probs.. risks... anyone please detail....

and whats the diff in these 2000/2700... mah

janitha

Wise Old Owl
koolbluez said:
Can i use my normal rechargable AA batteries instead of the costlier NiMh batteries in my Sony H5 camera? Any probs.. risks... anyone please detail....

and whats the diff in these 2000/2700... mah
Do you mean the common NiCd rechargeable ones? NiMh is better since they will give more pictures per charge and have less memory effect and so will last longer.
mah means milli ampere hour and more means more charge and more shots.
As per the following link, NiMH is supplied and recommended.
*www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonyh5/page2.asp

Last edited:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Preman... what i wanted to know is... is there any risk to the cam if I use my normal rechargable batteries/normal AA Eveready :D batteries.. any risk @ all...
Life expectancy.. component safety....

janitha

Wise Old Owl
koolbluez said:
Preman... what i wanted to know is... is there any risk to the cam if I use my normal rechargable batteries/normal AA Eveready :D batteries.. any risk @ all...
Life expectancy.. component safety....
Nothing other than shorter life of the battery. Ordinary cells may not even give enough charge for the camera to work, but in some cameras it may.

BTW how did you know how I am addressed by my parents and close friends?

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Thnx 4 the reply.
I'm havin a 30k/- Sony H5 & didn't want to spoil it... so asked this sorta doubt... I was worried of higher current on delicate parts.... electronic stuff(which I'm weak @)... So wanted to clarify.

BTW how did you know how I am addressed by my parents and close friends?
I'm ṠupərmΔn.. I'm the Almighty... Who knows almost everyone ;)

Jokes apart... u r Prem Kumar from Kerala... So... very high chances that u'll b called Preman by ur close guyz. Kerala lingo based analysis. I'm good @ guessing right ;)

Elementary, dear Watson...

And.. who.. may i ask... is Anitha?

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
koolbluez said:
Thnx 4 the reply.
I'm havin a 30k/- Sony H5 & didn't want to spoil it... so asked this sorta doubt... I was worried of higher current on delicate parts.... electronic stuff(which I'm weak @)... So wanted to clarify.

I'm ṠupərmΔn.. I'm the Almighty... Who knows almost everyone ;)

Jokes apart... u r Prem Kumar from Kerala... So... very high chances that u'll b called Preman by ur close guyz. Kerala lingo based analysis. I'm good @ guessing right ;)

Elementary, dear Watson...

And.. who.. may i ask... is Anitha?
In fact higher current is supplied by NiMh and NiCd etc. and ordinary cells are not capable of that. In fact, long back when I used NiCd with my dedicated Canon flash of my film SLR, the flash (as well as the cells) used to get very hot due to the higher current.
Congrats for your Sherlock style guess and Janitha is my wife.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
yes... guess it right again... It's Janitha? small mistake.. not anitha.. janitha(rare name... never heard... meaning?)...
I didn't want to hurt ur feelins... I'ld have guessed & said so earlier... but if it turned out to b a sis.. I'ld have made u uncomfortable... so didn't say... also knew it was wife... u r pretty old enuf... from my guess ;)

Anyway.. thnx..
So u say I can use other AA alkaline batteries (like DuracellAA) in my H5, whenever emergency.. without any risks... hmmm...?

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
hailgautam said:
but you have received nimh battery pack with you cam, have not you?

Surely I have but as everyone knows it takes 6 hours to charge the batteries :mad:

So I was looking for a faster charger.

And janitha thanks for the price info :)

BTW, anyone has any idea about any cheap alternative for SONY camera pouch ? :D Dont want to spend 2k on a carry bag ;)

janitha

Wise Old Owl
There are chargers which charge 4 AA cells in two hours. I have read about chargers which does the job in minutes but don't know if it is available here. Square shaped indian camera bags are available for about Rs.250/- which will hold the digicam and a few accessories.

@coolbluez
You can surely use alkaline but it will no last much,but surely better than zinc-manganese (ordinary cells).

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Prema... it's koolbluez... it starts wrong & ends wrong :D

I tried with normal Everready rechargables. They didn't even take a single shot!!! Bad try.. now I'm gonna try a Duracell :D

The speed of charging depends on charger. There r 15min chargers by Sanyo!!! Of course.. they would cost a minibomb. Sony too has a 2hr charger.. around 2.5k... Better buy spare batteries... cheaper alternative.
BTW.. I got a kool-looking Sony pouch fake leather replacement for 550/-. My H5, and all it's spares... everything fit perfectly. Nice one.
*img138.imageshack.us/img138/2711/dsc01013xu0.th.jpg​

hailgautam

Youngling
@ royal, you can go for the case-logic bags available in the malls etc. but even sony should be good. my case in point is after you have spent 30k in the cam, flaunt it with a good looking bag also. it would be penny wise pound foolish to do kanjushi in a bag.

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
hailgautam said:
@ royal, you can go for the case-logic bags available in the malls etc. but even sony should be good. my case in point is after you have spent 30k in the cam, flaunt it with a good looking bag also. it would be penny wise pound foolish to do kanjushi in a bag.

Actually I spent around INR 23,000 and that included 1GB high speed memory :D

Also cheaper alternatives are not always bad. It just does not make sense to me to go for a carry bag for over 3000 bucks.

Did I forget to mention I got a nice tripod (very similar to the short one provided by SONY) for £1 ? ;)

And koolbluez where did you get this pouch from ? I hope the quality is good.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
yes.. the quality is superb for the cost. Extra padding for the safety of my prreccioussss. I did extensive search (not online :D) for it. All i got was 200-300/- cloth sorta pouches. But... after around 2 dayz! of search I got what I needed, an good-lookin one, shown here. With the SONY logo! Of course.. I had to shell out another 300/- but it's worth the money. Well, i got it from an imported goods shop. Try the same there. Also try out leather shops :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom