Digital Camera : Sony or Panasonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
royal

royal

Padawan
koolbluez said:
My 2500 Sony (which came default with the camera) gave me around 150 shots (low no. because i always use zoom & run the camera continuous :D).

I also do the same but I get around 250 with mine :confused:

BTW, are you charging Sanyo batteries with the default SONY charger ? Let me know the cost of a faster charger , if possible. :)

Now that's called cheating ...:mad:

Just joking :D hope you can get a DSC H9

Last edited:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
yup... default charger, if u want quick chargers, there is Sony's 2hr charger & the latest Sanyo charger can recharge in 15min! No idea of the costs though.

Last edited:

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
hey i am planning t buy a DSLR camera i have selected two models
Canon EOS 350D Digital XT and Nikon D50
Pls suggest out of these two which one is better.
and wat price its available.
sud i buy it from grey market?

tnx in adv.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
sysfilez said:
hey i am planning t buy a DSLR camera i have selected two models
Canon EOS 350D Digital XT and Nikon D50
Pls suggest out of these two which one is better.
and wat price its available.
sud i buy it from grey market?

tnx in adv.

Better buy 400D for a few Ks more. I plan to buy one. It has dust resistant internal parts, ultrasonic dust removing function for CMOS sensor and 2 MP more than 350 D.
But whichever one you buy, never buy from gray market. (at least in case of digicams and handycams)

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
@ janitha
i read in diferent forums that the stock lens that comes with XT and XTi version is not that good. Wat lens do u suggest i sud buy if i buy only the body of canon eos?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
sysfilez said:
@ janitha
i read in diferent forums that the stock lens that comes with XT and XTi version is not that good. Wat lens do u suggest i sud buy if i buy only the body of canon eos?

In my case, I am having different EF lenses which I have been using with the film SLR over the years. Of course they are not optimal for this particular SLR since the CMOS is not 24x36 mm. Still I think they will do for the time being. Same with the 18-55 mm standard that comes with the camera. And the cost of the standard lens is only around 6K.
If you are very particular about quality, you can consider the Canon EF 17-85mm IS which jjmehta.com offers for Rs.26995/- (it has built in image stabilization)

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
@janitha
last eve i went to market, the cost of 350D with bill is around 42,000/- in kolkata market. i kept wondering why is the price so high out here in comparision to rest of india. then i approached a grey market dealer and u will b amazed to hear wat he quoted. he said he will give it to me @ 28,000/- with stock lens, without stock lens rs. 2000/- less. and a 50mm canon lens wil cost rs. 5,000/- from him.
i can't make up my mind wat to do.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
sysfilez said:
@janitha
last eve i went to market, the cost of 350D with bill is around 42,000/- in kolkata market. i kept wondering why is the price so high out here in comparision to rest of india. then i approached a grey market dealer and u will b amazed to hear wat he quoted. he said he will give it to me @ 28,000/- with stock lens, without stock lens rs. 2000/- less. and a 50mm canon lens wil cost rs. 5,000/- from him.
i can't make up my mind wat to do.

Just see the following link (body with 18-55 Canon and bill and 2 year Canon warranty for Rs.33995/-)
*www.jjmehta.com/pricelist/canon_digial_pricing.htm
I wont suggest buying from them and my friends who bought them say the price is little high. Still, see the huge difference.
And you can even try bargaining with them online.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
royal said:
Why is that so ??? :confused:
Only because my friends who bought from them say that the prices are on the higher side. But they bought online and got the articles well packed and in mint condition.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
@janitha
wat do u suggest, and 1 more thing is the warranty valid. i have faced a prob like this b4, the service center not accepting stuffs bought from other states and such.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
sysfilez said:
@janitha
wat do u suggest, and 1 more thing is the warranty valid. i have faced a prob like this b4, the service center not accepting stuffs bought from other states and such.
That is another reason why I didn't recommend them but I think the warranty card issued by them should be one of Canon India and so valid everywhere. and JJmehta is a very popular dealer. Few months back when I compared the their prices for 350D with a local authorized dealer, there was little difference. But then I was waiting for the release of 400D. Once 400 became available price of the other one dropped by about 10K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom