• Panasonic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fujifilm

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeenuGuddu

Broken In
Coz it has been discontinued by the company and it is no more available in the market also.

Thanks for the information, so you want me to kicking off the Canon SX 230HS for 15K

@aroraanant he wants manual PASM modes which r not there in sony hx9v and nikon S9100

There is GPS built in hx9v but GPS and wifi is not that useful camera feature :) that too for 2-3k more

so you want me to kicking off the Canon SX 230HS for 15K

nac

Aspiring Novelist
For 20k, from timtara using 4000 coupon timtara you can get any one of these

Sony HX100
Fuji H20EXR (AA batteries)
Panasonic FZ100
Canon S95
Nikon P7100

I highly doubt that there will be any other better price deal than this. Probably before we open our eye after blinking, they will scrap this offer off... I am not comfortable buying online by paying online. If you are OK with paying online, go ahead and buy. If not under 20k SX220HS is the best option, I believe. You should get it under 14k from your local dealers.

aroraanant

Explorer
Yes I agree that its a great deal if one buys from Timtara but the thing is Timtara has got really bad reviews.
So I suggest people to stay away from it.

OP
abhilashkrishn

abhilashkrishn

Beginning of the sunrise
I found good cameras, but I am not completely satisfied with the image quality of these cameras. I am now increasing my budget up to 26k for a better one. Please suggest a good image quality one.
It is mainly use for home use only, but I need good picture from it.

Is it worthy to buy Canon Powershot S100 in terms of image quality?

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Please tell me the definition of good according to you.
We have suggest such good cams and you didn't liked any!!!! thats strange

OP
abhilashkrishn

abhilashkrishn

Beginning of the sunrise
Please tell me the definition of good according to you.
We have suggest such good cams and you didn't liked any!!!! thats strange

I am confused with these websites. Some sites say some good about the models described above, some say bad things. I don't want to waste my money. So somebody please suggest the Best one, not the good one.

binarycodes

ArchLinux Rocks!
@OP,
Since you are putting more emphasize on image clarity and you've already increased budget upto 26K, you should opt for an entry level DSLR.

Look into Nikon D3100 or Canon 1100D.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Abhi,
Each and every camera has its own merits and demerits. No camera will be cent percent perfect in every features.

Under 10k with full manual control I would call SX150 is the best camera. "Best" depends on what you actually need. If you emphasize more on picture quality, then you should look for DSLR or you may want to check mirror less cameras like Sony Nex series cameras or Olympus EPL series cameras.

Up to my knowledge I feel,
Best compact camera - Canon S100 (Canon S95, Panasonic LX5)
Best Bridge camera - Panasonic FZ150 (Sony HX100, Canon SX40)
Best entry level camera (around 30k) - Nikon D3100 (Canon 1100D)
Best entry level camera (around 40k) - Nikon D5100 (Canon 550D)

Soumik

Padawan
10-20K is Point and shoot range. And in P&S, IMO, Canon results are best so far as i have seen. (SX 220 HS/SX 230 HS and probably upcoming SX 240/260 HS also) :)

OP
abhilashkrishn

abhilashkrishn

Beginning of the sunrise
Some of friends recommends Nikon Coolpix P500 and Canon Powershot SX230 HS . What is the difference between them and which is the best in them (in terms of image clarity)?

Customer Reviews showing excellent marks for Canon ELPH 310 HS? Is that camera very good?

@nac
Thank you for your recommendations.:mrgreen: Many of my friends recommended them too. But they are saying not to buy Sony? Is camera of Sony bad?

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Definitely, SX230HS is better than P500.

ELPH 310HS doesn't have manual controls. If you are OK with that, you would get suggested another bunch of cameras.

IMO, preferring one brand over other is subjective. In fact, Sony Nex series cameras are little better than Olympus EPL series...

Considering the budget 20k, the suggested cameras are quoted above your budget. Given that P500 is the best bridge camera.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
OP, frankly speaking you won't be able to spot the "image clarity" which you're asking for. Instead color reproduction (vivid colors), lens capability (zoom, stability, wide angle, etc) or manual settings are which differentiate the cams, not the "image clarity". Until and unless you compare a crap cam with a real good one, you can't spot it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
OP, frankly speaking you won't be able to spot the "image clarity" which you're asking for. Instead color reproduction (vivid colors), lens capability (zoom, stability, wide angle, etc) or manual settings are which differentiate the cams, not the "image clarity". Until and unless you compare a crap cam with a real good one, you can't spot it.

absolutely right :) ultimately both have that small P&S sensor

OP
abhilashkrishn

abhilashkrishn

Beginning of the sunrise
Thank you all. As Canon SX230 HS is not available now and GPS is not a great option for me, I bought SX220 HS camera today. Now I need your help in getting a good memory card. Is SDHC is better than SD?
One of my friend suggest to purchase 32GB microSDHC card. Will it compatible with my camera?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Good choice...get SanDisk ultra 16GB card ...its enough...if u want more speed then get another 16gb ...dont get single 32 GB one :)

OP
abhilashkrishn

abhilashkrishn

Beginning of the sunrise
Good choice...get SanDisk ultra 16GB card ...its enough...if u want more speed then get another 16gb ...dont get single 32 GB one :)

Thank you... please guide me to select good one. Which one I should purchase? 16GB class 10 SDHC or 16BG class 10 microSDHC?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Cameras use normal sdhc and not micro sdhc:) so u can have 16 GB sdhc ..sandisk extreme class 10 is great one

OP
abhilashkrishn

abhilashkrishn

Beginning of the sunrise
Thank you all for your wonderful inputs and help specially @sujoyp, @aroraanant and @nac. I enjoyed inputs of others too. Now I got a good camera.

This is very pleasure that lots of experienced people are hear for helping us to select good electronics devices. I will surely help others wherever I can.

Thank you all once again!!!
:mrgreen::wink::mrgreen:

Top Bottom