Digit to cost Rs.150/- per issue

Is the hike in Digit's price of Rs.150/- justified?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Digit can try reducing paper quality. Its the content which is more important IMO.

And yeah, if it really wants to be cheap, digit can launch a 1CD digital version, with ebook version of digit, fasttrack, and only select few essential apps and stuff which can't be found ANYWHERE.

OP
rajivnedungadi

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Why does this surprise anyone? With the economy the way it is and all the advertising dollars being redistributed to online media or being greatly reduced, print magazines will find it hard to survive. It's no secret that advertising revenue helps to keep the cost of each issue down to a minimum. Printing, shipping/transporting also ain't cheap these days. They just can't hike price without a good reason so here comes the second DVD in their defence. Like it or not, that's the way it is. I personally feel subscription rates for their annual and multiple year packages are very low, so those who are absolutely cautious about price should consider subscription only. Those who buy tech magazines after comparison based on mag/media content every month, shouldn't mind paying extra Rs. 25 as it will be the best of the lot (for that month). That's what I feel anyways.

Does this economic thing effect just Digit, why not other magazines? If this is because of the economic slowdown etc. that you have hiked price, then why did you add a DVD? This means that you wanted to hike the price and you just replaced the CD with a DVD to justify it.

Please give us the Rs.125/- kind of Digit back with 1 CD, 1 DVD and 1 Fast Track.

OP
rajivnedungadi

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
^^And most probably there price will also be hiked

If they do it, then no one will buy the special issues also. Currently there are 4 Special issues @ Rs.200/- each, that makes it Rs.800/- a year, just for the special issues. If you add a couple of hundred bucks, you can subscribe to some other magazine for one whole year.

So If they hike it to something like Rs.250/- then for 4 issues it would be Rs.1000/-, which is not worth it.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
If they do it, then no one will buy the special issues also. Currently there are 4 Special issues @ Rs.200/- each, that makes it Rs.800/- a year, just for the special issues. If you add a couple of hundred bucks, you can subscribe to some other magazine for one whole year.

So If they hike it to something like Rs.250/- then for 4 issues it would be Rs.1000/-, which is not worth it.

I thought Digit had 2 special issues at June, and December.

red_devil

Back!
wow more than half the people are not gonna magazine only lol haha

if you're saying this based on the poll n the thread, then mate, it is only indicative of the forum members and i'm sure there are a whole lot of people who are subscribers of digit who aren't members in this forum/ are pretty irregular here...

OP
rajivnedungadi

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
I thought Digit had 2 special issues at June, and December.

There was a Special Issue in October 2008 as well, then June and December. A fourth Special Issue, I am not sure when. But if you read the subscription form it says that the subscription cost includes 4 Special Issues.

8 Regular Issues = Rs.150/- X 8 = Rs.1200/-
4 Special Issues - Rs.200/- X 4 = Rs.800/-
===============================
Total 12 Issues @ Rs.2000/-
Thats what the subscription form says

Here is the subscription form *www.thinkdigit.com/subscribe.php

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^ That's way too costly. :|

I still remember when I subscribed in Sep 2006, it cost me only Rs.1500(25 for extra postage or something) for 1 year + 0.5 year (free) subscription and had 2 special issues every year.

nregmi

Broken In
I stopped buying Digit when they hiked the price from Rs.100 to Rs.125. I only buy December issues now. Even Rs. 125 is too expensive. Now the price of fuel has dropped, they should reduce the price to Rs.100.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys, I don't understand ur problem. Maximum people here venting out were not buying it for the last couple of months (even years)...watever d price be they r not going to buy.
And, subscribers, to us the renewal price is same as before, so...think about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom