Digit Subscription: is it worth it

pra85

Blogger
I have been reading Digit from July 2005 and have always taken it from stands .then i read that they are giving the 3 yr Subscription for Rs.6000 and also a 320 GB portable HDD .
the offer is mouth watering as in 3 yr i have to spend 6000Rs for Digit but they are also giving a HDD and as inflation is always there and the so is need for increased profit margins therefore digit might also inc its price in the coming yrs, taking that into account the offer is a overkill

But but
the only thing holding me back is the fact that the there always a known fact that when u are Subscribed u r kind of bounded ,like the issue reaches u late or something like the dvds r broken and then u hav to follow the procedure and so on

so i wanted to ask the SUBSCRIBER what is there outlook on this
[normally i get the digit by the 4-5th of the month on the stands and there has rarely been a broken DVD(only one that i can remember)]

Last edited:

bhushanm

I Am Jack's Assembly Line
Yeah dude, go for it. I usually get my copy within the first week and have had no complaints regarding DVDs, etc. My only gripe is that during the monsoon season, sometimes the copies delivered to me are partially wet/damp. But that is probably the courier's fault than Digit's.

But I would still recommend it.

Krow

Crowman
Go for it if you are sure you will buy it off the stands anyway. Subscription is cheaper, plus you get the freebies. I like things being delivered to me, so I vote for subscription. :)

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
The thing which one would regret most (if not subscribed) is purchasing high priced anniversary issues, from stands, which cannot be avoided in any case! If you are a subscriber, no extra bucks for you. :)

gcbeldar

In the zone
I am a subscriber for past 3 years, Digit Customer care is excellent with respect to Missing / Late receipt of copy, broken DVD etc. Gohead.

sankaranand

Broken In
i subscribed digit one year without fast track and dvd.. i really dont use the dvds.. just wanted the books...only 900 for year...

sourabha4u

Team Digit
Digit subscription is really a great option. Saving money, getting copy FREE at home. And you may renew for future also, no need to wait for expiry!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Why this is in bazaar till now for a long time??

Anyway I don't think, this fits in Bazaar. Moving it to Community Discussions.

Sarath

iDota
Well I subscribed to Digit just a few months back (March) although have been reading it for the past 5 years.

Go for it. Reaches you before stands. Is economical and like the goodies that come with the scription.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, I am NOT a subscriber, till now. (since can't able to spend in bulk).
But I have subscribed for 2nd time now for the Anniversary Special. On the basis of 5 months of digit delivery to my house, I can say, that I have got each issue on time and without any DVD malfunction.

I just wish I can afford subscribing for 3 yrs soon.

Saurav2007

Broken In
I subscribed for 3 months for anniversary special. Hope it reaches on time. The standard 4-6 processing time should not apply in this case since the subscription includes anniversary special

buddyram

New Voyage
I usually receive my issue on the first week itself.
Only once the DVD was broken but i got it replaced within a week.

It seems a tedious job purchasing the issue from the stands for more than 5 years, better go for subscription dude.

At last, i think you should be matured enough to judge whether to choose the subscription or not since you are following the magazine since 2005 as you said, hope you dont mind my words.

Top Bottom