Digit Software Archive with GUI

nims11

BIOS Terminator
few weeks ago i posted my command line version (here) of digit software archive (YADSA). Now, using Qt, i have given it a GUI. its my first Qt project (and my first open source one too!!), so please suggest any possible improvements, bugs, feedback.

in addition to GUI, i have updated the archive which now ranges from July 2005 to July 2011(except april 2010).
(thanks to QtXML and official digit archive's .xml file which had the data till december 2009). i then parsed the rest of the .xls files(converted to .csv) digit posts in its feedback section to update my archive.

SCREENSHOT-
*img12.imageshack.us/img12/2087/screenshotwu.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Project Page
YADSA-0.2beta-win (for windows)
YADSA-0.2beta-source (for linux/windows, compiling instructions inside).

the above Links come with archives till July 2011. use the Update Files below on them.

Update File(s)-
Update Files - mediafire

How To Update -
select the "Update->offline Update" option

Last edited:

buddyram

New Voyage
I was itching my head how to archive the digit applications!
Now i got one, i'll try it.
Thanx buddy

sygeek

Technomancer
Nice software, but I've seen like thousands of people making Digit Archive softwares. Why not make something unique that the whole digit community can use in their daily life?

OP
nims11

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Nice software, but I've seen like thousands of people making Digit Archive softwares. Why not make something unique that the whole digit community can use in their daily life?

i don't think that there are any DSA currently that is updated upto current date. that's why i felt a need for one and made it.

any ways its just a beginning.:wink:

OP
nims11

nims11

BIOS Terminator
updated the main post with the link to the august update file.

i am internet-less these days so it took me some time to get the .xls and then upload the update file.

OP
nims11

nims11

BIOS Terminator
ohk, I have uploaded the update files for september and october.

PS: I thought no one was using it so i wasnt uploading. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ nims11 - thanks a lot for this coool app - it would be great if you can upload the November 2011 update file ;-)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Nice job nims11! Quite an effort must have went into this. I wish I can adjust the width of the columns and view the items in a list view kind of interface, but nevertheless it's an excellent effort.

Oh, and btw, I have created a Setup program for YADSA, since I liked it that much, using a freeware. Setup program ask where to install the program and it also makes shortcuts to the desktop and Start menu. Also it includes an uninstaller too. :-D

I thought if you have released it under Open Source, you won't mind a little professional touch! :doublethumb:

You can get the setup from this link of mediafire.
YADSA-2.0-beta-win.exe

OP
nims11

nims11

BIOS Terminator
@ nims11 - thanks a lot for this coool app - it would be great if you can upload the November 2011 update file ;-)

main post updated. :)

@vineet369 Thanks for the suggestions. Will try to implement them. and thanks for creating the setup , adding your link to the main post. :)

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@nims- Good work man, really appreciate your hard work :) May be sometime I'll learn from you how to do it :))

@Vineet- Nice support buddy.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@Vineet- Nice support buddy.

Thanks, but the real credit goes to nims11.

@vineet369 Thanks for the suggestions. Will try to implement them.

If you are really going to try to implement them, I would like to clarify even more. What I mean by list view is that, it would be better if the results are shown in a gridview like interface, with columns like name, size, freeware or not etc, and which allows us to sort the columns.

Kinda like this freeware works like, Cathy. Cathy - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

And thanks again, for this awesome app! :)

OP
nims11

nims11

BIOS Terminator
need a favour, DIGIT hasn't uploaded the .xls file of its DVD content yet. Can anyone zip and upload the xml folder present in the root of each DVD?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^Sure. I have received the Dec edition. And I am on my way.

Update: My computer is getting hang, and now I am unable to even log in to the OS.
Will upload soon, as the problem solves.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Finally, today was able to upload the xml folders! Here you go...
digit - Dec 2011 - xml.zip

Top Bottom