Digit Patron Helpdesk: Everything you wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhat

Mad and Furious
tuxfan said:
Just one question to Digit Patrol Helpdesk.

Why are subscribers not getting automatic credit for patron? I feel that is something so obvious. Secondly, that will also stop one menace. There are a few newsstand owners who subscribe and then sell the copies in open market. No one bothers to read the words "subscriber copy, not for sale". If such copies do not have patron codes, no one will buy them!!

Any answers?

This will stop people from buying subscriber copies. If the member is registered, just add their points automatically. The code will still be there in the copies for the newsstand. Please do this. Good request by tuxfan.

A desperate change is req. in the digit patron gifts secton. No one wants old issues of digit and Skoar. Better offer original software with the consent of the distributors. Even hardware stuff will do great.

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
The thread has been started in dec 2004 ...nos of replies to 14 pages suggestions/request ...we can say nearly nil....so what r all expecting form such thread.....even 1 suggestion being implemented.......????
THIS thread itself is BIG joke on members
It has croosed 14 pages and howmany replies form DIGIT hardly 5...everyone is shouting suggestions any replies ...no..some of ur suggestion r good ..which i had suggested to digit patron section mailing them....still no improvment...suggestion r good if atleast a thou8 is gevn over them...but i am sorry to say that....DIGIT sleeps over such threads.....
It was told to me by one of mods when i tried to highlight some poinst wrt digit patron that mods cannot do anything ..digit admin should look after it...so how many time digit admin have gone thru this thread and replied to queries and suggestions????

Last edited:
S

SE><IE

with all the earlier digit issues available as the pdf's. i feel there is no use in redeeming my points for that. Moreover they dont have any DVD (just 2 plain CDs each).

And yes... once the digit guys gave me a faulty cd/dvd (april 2005). I asked for replacement at least 5 times. The reply "we have dispatched it" but it never arrived. (I wrote 2 times after this.. 3 times earlier).

hell I wasted my 100 Rs for a scrap paper (duh)

Sorry to go off-topic but I'm pissed off :(

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
Suggestions!!!

First Of All-
Remove all the current 20 gifts from the list.These Are not of any use.
Beside them provide hardware gifts,skoar issues etc.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
@ Wizrulz: You need to calm down a bit. Breathe in, breathe out... repeat forever... :)

What do you want? A reply for every post? Should I start replying to every post acknowledging that I have read it? Would you really like to see a post from me after every member's post... saying "I have read your post"? [I could set up a script to do this you know :)]

There are thousands of members on here and just 3 or 4 Digit employees on the forum, obviously we will post a lot less than members...

Mods are NOT employees of Digit or JDM, so PMing them about issues regarding the magazine is a waste of your time as well as theirs. Please contact fatbeing or Raaabo for Digit related issues.

@ everyone:
We're working on better patron gifts. Things take time. Remember that this is a bonus that NO OTHER MAGAZINE will give you. You buy other mags you just get the mag. you subscribe to other mags, you get a chance to win something as crappy as a graphics card or a computer table. At digit we've given people the chance to win Cars, bikes and other cool things. We're not perfect, and our patron gifts are not the talk of the town or anything, but they ARE FREE!

We'll make them better as time goes by, and we're sure you'll like the gifts then.

For those of you who are not entering their codes because they dont like the current set of gifts... what will you do when we change the gifts and you find yourself short by 200 points -- which you have already earned, had you only entered your code regularly?

Write in to help at jasubhai dot com if you face problems entering your code.

Raaabo

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
yeah now i am calm as u have replied(atleast after a week ;) ).....but if we keep on shouting suggestions and troubles here and if no one is replying how we r gona know if its falling on deaf ears..????
Atleast u can do is keep us posted the progress or ur thought process on which ur working so that if we find anything wrong (acc to our view) then we can suggest..isnt it?
There r thousands of members but..are thousnads of members replying to this SPECIAL thread???
Abt PM to mods...i agree i PMed mods..sorry for that..but just ask fatbeing if i had not Pm'ed him abt this??? So i am not completely at fault.....
Yeah we all agree this a bonus...but then it should had been helpful for whom u have started this ...that is the digit regular buyers or i can say SUBCRIBERS.....the aim was to reward the subscribers..isnt it(u can always deny this).....but the same subscribers when suggesting nothing is said that yes this is beeing implemented or is in process. >> liek auto entering the patron points for members(read subcribers) etc......
Ya waiting for teh gifts to get good...hope one day i will redeem my points

One more thing the link form digit patron site to this forum doesnt works :) ;)

AND YES I EXPECT A REPLY :p

Last edited:

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i have redeemed this book on photoshop.. twice over with something like 100 points ... but stiil it didnt reach me .. how sad !!!:mad:

the first time i did it in the 1st week of december last year:shock:

and then some time back in june this year ... and guys have stiil kept me waitin !!!:mad:

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
No Digit Patron is NOT for subscribers only, and NOT for newstand buyers only. It's called patron because we want to reward regular readers of the magazine, doesn't matter whether you subscribe an get it for cheaper or pay more every month and buy it from a newsstand... It's quite simply our humble way of thanking our "Patrons". We will try and improve upon gifts soon, perhaps we need sponsors to help make the gifts better, and it is all being worked upon.

Raaabo

tuxfan

Technomancer
But how about giving automatic credits to subscribers? They are the regular readers anyway! It sounds logical! :p Doesn't it?

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
tuxfan said:
But how about giving automatic credits to subscribers? They are the regular readers anyway! It sounds logical! :p Doesn't it?

1 more support for above suggestion...TUXFAN u have suggested this many times...any replies :p......i had mailed suggesting this to patron mail id but never got a reply.......

FORUM LINK ON DIGIT PATRON SITE STILL NOT WORKING TOLD U THIS IN MY LAST POST (5 days ago)

Last edited:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I have redeemed june 2004 issue of digit from patron , two months ago but still didnt received that. I recently redeemed digit encyclopedia and hope u will send it. please help me get my patron gifts. please.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
~Phenom~ said:
I have redeemed june 2004 issue of digit from patron , two months ago but still didnt received that. I recently redeemed digit encyclopedia and hope u will send it. please help me get my patron gifts. please.

I will be surprized if u will get a reply here...... ;) ....yeah but do not worry digit people r keeping a watch on this thread....this was told to me...:p

RABOO: FORUM LINK ON DIGIT PATRON SITE STILL NOT WORKING TOLD U THIS IN MANY OF POSTS... and i know u r reading the posts even if u do not reply ;)

May 15 10:42 am

Dear Neeraj Vohra ;
Your request for redemption has been approved. You will receive your gift within 4 weeks at the address mentioned in your Digit Patron Profile.
The Gift Redeemed was : digit - august 2004

Please verify your contact details for delivery of the gift.
Your Name: Neeraj Vohra

Today August 03

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Raaabo said:
@ Wizrulz: You need to calm down a bit. Breathe in, breathe out... repeat forever... :)

What do you want? A reply for every post? Should I start replying to every post acknowledging that I have read it? Would you really like to see a post from me after every member's post... saying "I have read your post"? [I could set up a script to do this you know :)]

I am now calm..but digit people need to be on there toes....

I had reported in this same thread abt forum link not working from the patron site...which i guess ur reading regulary.. :p

'We're sorry, but we were unable to find the page you requested.'

Now i can understand digit poeple r so busy improving digit quality that they do nothave time to respond to there own customer queries and also to look after there PATRON site.

I reported abt the link not working on 18th june adn today is 3rd August....(total abt 15days...oh somany days and no repair :( )
Setting a script for reply is easy ..as u told me ...do at least that now.....

Sorry if i am sounding a bit rude ...but when u want a thing to improve adn if everthing is falling on deaf ears then its bound to get such a reaction...

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
guys i juz saw a gift a LOR DVD for 240 points......I got a doubt

Which version is it I or II or III

Or A bundle

Plz verify those Plzzzzzzz.....If interesting I can have it...SO :)

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally a long long awaited change in the gifts section

Yeah that's a great choice giving out collectable CDs and DVDs which everyone would want to collect rather than old issues which we subscribers already have

It will be great if u give additional product info with the CDs and DVDs

This way it is easier to choose .

One more thing, Should I ask for two gifts at once or one after another

I earlier redeemed a skoar issue which took ages to reach me

neogopu said:
guys i juz saw a gift a LOR DVD for 240 points......I got a doubt

Which version is it I or II or III

Or A bundle

Plz verify those Plzzzzzzz.....If interesting I can have it...SO :)

I guess it's the Fellowship of the Ring DVD and not the trilogy

Do the National Geographic CD featured in gifts section is the same as this one ?

*shop.nationalgeographic.com/product/1726.html

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
KNOCK KNOCK
ANY ONE THERE ??????????????

TOLD ABT FORUM LINK ON DIGIT-PATRON WEBSITE NOT WORKING on
18th JULY 2006

TODAYS date=> 12th AUGUST 2006

STATUS=> STILL NOT WORKING :p

Status
Not open for further replies.