Digit Dumps DVD Case : Another Special Issue in October

Do you think Digit should continue giving the DVD Case?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
When the September issue of Digit came in an improved packing for the newsstands people, I never thought that the DVD and CD would be in a plastic cover, but I was shocked to see it that way. To save a few more bucks, Digit has dumped the DVD case. There is also a feedback form in the magazine about the new packing and I am going to mention that I need the DVD case back.

The Digit October issue is going to be another Special one, probably for Rs.200/-. Are we ready for the same? Post in your comments please…

Davidboon

In the zone
ya i wanat a dvd case, otherwise the dvd's are sure to be damaged.
cant take the risk when i am paying rs 200 for that.

OP
rajivnedungadi

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
ya i wanat a dvd case, otherwise the dvd's are sure to be damaged.
cant take the risk when i am paying rs 200 for that.

Hi

The DVD case is not there in the September issue as well. So all CD/DVD would be damaged....it feels so bad when something that we have been getting for years is stopped....

raksrules

Youngling
I never get my issues delivered before 15th of any month in spite of staying in Mumbai and moreover the subscribers dont get the jewel case. WTH

din

Tribal Boy
We had a discussion on this years back, that is when Digit started giving the Jewel case. Users complained (including uncle Din of course lol) that Digit discriminate subscribers and news stand buyers. Digit (mainly Raaabo himself) objected the point telling, subscribers already get a lot of benefits, then there is no need of a Jewel case etc etc.

After these many years, now I do not care about the case. The DVDs / CDs are safe in the paper cover / plastic cover. No problem with any. And of course Digit have to attract more people. That is the reason for the pretty ladies faces (and other parts - I mean fingers, nails etc ;) ) on cover page and all these Jewel case things. Part of their marketing.

Also, AFAIK, no other magazine gives a Jewel case as well, so Digit might be thinking why should they give instead of saving money. Might be helping them in shipping too.

I am no way justifying what Digit is doing, but just my views and assumptions.

OP
rajivnedungadi

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
bt still preview isnt posted here ....... hmmm that sounds bad isnt it ?

Yeah, it will no more be called a preview not, except for the subscribers most of the newsstand buyers would have got their issues....

bt still preview isnt posted here ....... hmmm that sounds bad isnt it ?

Yeah, it will no more be called a preview now, except for the subscribers most of the newsstand buyers would have got their issues....

Last edited:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
damn, I never read this thread until I bought my this month's issue and I was horrified to see DVD and CD without the jewel case.. This thing sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom