Desire S vs Xperia Neo... What would you choose?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
An SLCD screen does to compare to a LED backlit display. Check the reviews on various sites and you will know. This is the reason LED screens are costlier than LCD ones.
Well of course, Neo customization is more stock and if you prefer deep customization(sense) to closer to stock experience, go for DEsire.

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
ya go for Desire S.Is this phone is available in ur city?
Actually i live in Chennai,and i talk to HTC retailer,they r saying that it will take around 1-2 month for this phone to come in the market..
What is ur's status?

aroraanant

Explorer
ya go for Desire S.Is this phone is available in ur city?
Actually i live in Chennai,and i talk to HTC retailer,they r saying that it will take around 1-2 month for this phone to come in the market..
What is ur's status?

it will be available in a week all around the country.

OP
AndroidFan

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Just came back from the store... No Desire S available... and the person told me, even if it comes in 1 week, it would cost above 25k...

Phone replacement had become very urgent... So came home with a Galaxy SL... Cost me 18.6k in Hyderabad.

Slightly disappointed by the cheapish lightweight plasticky body... But compromise is a part of life...

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
Just came back from the store... No Desire S available... and the person told me, even if it comes in 1 week, it would cost above 25k...

Phone replacement had become very urgent... So came home with a Galaxy SL... Cost me 18.6k in Hyderabad.

Slightly disappointed by the cheapish lightweight plasticky body... But compromise is a part of life...

What it cost above 25K:-( ? Oh man.My budget is around 22-23K.For Desire S i extend it to 24K,but not more than that.BTW flipkart is showing 24K for this phone...Can i purchase that 4m them ? what u say..
Or I will wait for 1 month.:sad: . Is there any probabilty that after 1 month it will cost less(Atleast 1-2K less ):smile:

Soumik

Padawan
^^ The pricing sure will decrease... Not sure when, but major price drops should be coming up with the start of the release of dual core phones in India.

OP
AndroidFan

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

This 4" Galaxy SL feels quite powerful... the screen is premium... touch accuracy a lot better than my Optimus One... Interesting phone... but feels fragile because of its light weight...

aroraanant

Explorer
What it cost above 25K:-( ? Oh man.My budget is around 22-23K.For Desire S i extend it to 24K,but not more than that.BTW flipkart is showing 24K for this phone...Can i purchase that 4m them ? what u say..
Or I will wait for 1 month.:sad: . Is there any probabilty that after 1 month it will cost less(Atleast 1-2K less ):smile:

It will cost for less than 25K for sure but will be around 23-24K.
It will be cheaper than Incredible S by 3k(approx)
I will be available in market in around a week or 10days for sure(so u don't have to wait for a month,as it is a confirm news).
I don't know much about flipkart but yes my friends use to buy novels from it but none has purchased a mobile from it.

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
It will cost for less than 25K for sure but will be around 23-24K.
It will be cheaper than Incredible S by 3k(approx)
I will be available in market in around a week or 10days for sure(so u don't have to wait for a month,as it is a confirm news).
I don't know much about flipkart but yes my friends use to buy novels from it but none has purchased a mobile from it.

Thanks aroraanant for updating me :p

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
Desire S for 21.5k shipped.....
don't know about vendors but the letsbuy offer still tempts me

here

Flipkart is a reliable site as of now and mobile div is a new one so they are in the process of making a rep....btw better that ebay....

p>S:21k is decent for Desire S...HTC tends to overprice though

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
I checked d review of HTC desire S,people are not happy with this phone,as this phone is giving problem when we use Wii-Fii or 3 G,as sensor is at the backside of phone...People are really disappointed with this phone...rite now i cann't take a risk..
Anyone here have a experience of using this phone ? .Pls provide ur useful opinion :)

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
No that is not a problem.....just overhyped to find a flaw in a newly launched device.....no decent site to specify in he review ...just comments here and there ...
Check out comments @gsmarena many have stated that is there a problem but most real users and owners have not faced anything serious till now.....also in video reviews no specific mention for these points....

The crux of the problem is that it connects w/o problems if Wifi signal strength is good but takes quite more time when signal strength is low.....

Only some prospective customers and few other who have not had a hands on at the device are panicking and believing the rumours.......

if so curious try hands on with the device and/or wait till the air clears which is what most prospective buyers are gonnna do.....as most would believe any crap one throws at them......
p>S:
Rumor:HTC is going bankrupt ....no use buying devices
Prospective buyer:really,**** should i buy it or not ^^panik^^^anxiety^:pullhair:^even more panick^^

k4ce

Youngling
If you are a power user: Desire S ..

1. Better support on XDA and possibly cyanogen roms
2. HTC's update history is not good but at least way better than what SE offers (flagship X10 stuck on 2.1 ???)

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
HTC's support history is probably the best or at least amongst the best, better than Moto/Sam.

Flipkart is extremely reliable, I have bought my BB from them and many books and games. You can trust them without thinking twice.

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
Today i order Desire S from ebay seller bberry.store.It cost me 23,500 with free shipping.Also get 1 jabar Bluetooth Headset for free by applying Ebay coupon code. :)
Waiting for me New Desire S :) :)

Top Bottom