Designed New Digit Archive, Download it here

Is "My Digit Archive" useful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaibhav.Kanwal

Self Confessed Geek
Update
Thanks for your support! The Digit Archive has been included in the July issue 2009 of the Digit Magazine :)
W00T!

Added an Auto-Update feature to version 2.0.Now the Archive database will be updated from the internet. All previous users are requested to download the latest version.
__________________________________________________________________________________
On this extended weekend I have been able to make an application which works like The Original Digit Archive. I've used Microsoft Visual Basic 6 for designing the front end and connected it with Microsoft Access.

Updated to July 2009. Here is the download link.
*files.getdropbox.com/u/1311758/My Digit Archive v2.zip

The Zip contains two files :

* My Digit Archive v2.exe
* Archive.mbd

My Digit Archive

* Allows user to search the database according to Name, Month & Category.
* Displays the Details of the selected Software as : Month, Category & Year in which it was published.
* Source of my Database was monthly Contents uploaded on the Forum. So, Keeping the source in mind I couldn't implement the Type & Size of software.

Update
Provided a both Automatic and manual update through which the user can update the Database each Month. I Update my Database and offer it as a download from the Internet for other users.

Known Bugs
Presently Two in The Manual Update section, Archive works flawlessly :

1. Insert New Data: During Manual updation, The name cannot have ' (apostrophe). If it is entered, The Program crashes and exits. I guess its related to the 'String' during SQL insertion messing up.

2. Insert New Data : The Software names are separated using a NextLine. So, it is important to leave an extra Line after the last software name.

I'm currently doing BCA (3rd Year), All comments and suggestions are welcome...

*files.getdropbox.com/u/1311758/My Digit Archive v2.zip

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Thanks

If u are from Open Source Team...Do upload the source code.. I know fairly VB6 n can help u in certain things at least

OP
V

vaibhav.Kanwal

Self Confessed Geek
Thanks everyone,
I've submitted it to Digit and the work is still going on.
After its done, I might distribute the Source to all readers.

anotherlogic

Right off the assembly line
good yaar it was really good but wat i got is like few of the exceptions were left unhandled which becomes a major drawback for an application.............so go on programming but keep handling errors..................for you bro ...........good job

OP
V

vaibhav.Kanwal

Self Confessed Geek
good yaar it was really good but wat i got is like few of the exceptions were left unhandled which becomes a major drawback for an application.............so go on programming but keep handling errors..................for you bro ...........good job

I'll handle the exceptions, thanks. Will iron out the issues

OP
V

vaibhav.Kanwal

Self Confessed Geek
just want to ask the database has dvd and cd both or only dvds database

The database has softwares of both CD/DVD alongwith other DVDs which come alongwith special issues.
It doesn't contain Games, Trailer, Music and Movies though. Making the database was very time consuming process so i left the above mentioned things.

My source for the software index , as mentioned earlier remains Feedback Section of the Digit forum.

Bookworm

Banned
It was good but the the Digit Archive which comes with Digit is more user-friendly. But very good job done.:p

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
Nice done...I think it will be easier to add more database through this method...correct me if I am wrong...but one thing you can improve is by adding some images to make it more user friendly...like the current DA...but nice programming btw...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice work. Now it will be easier to find what soft is on what disc.

One question : Do I need to have access or open office base installed to use this app ?

I was getting the famous RS sh|t ( your ip is already downloading a file & you have to wait xxx mins ). I was able to download the file after 30 mins of waiting. So I compressed & uploaded it on media fire :

File Name : Digit Archive - Vaibhav.rar
Size : 113.43 KB
Download Link
: *www.mediafire.com/?jnfgzvxyytc

Here is the virustotal scan result : *www.virustotal.com/analisis/8ad7da0431caa0a9c953766311370e67

Now you guys don't have to wait for downloading this file :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom