Dead Island

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yep. It was decent enough, not as good as Borderlands, but still good for a single play-through. Would probably load it up again once we get the DLCs.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Except the beautiful scenery towards the end it has no fun.single player is seriously a "no-go".since we were in a group we cracked some funny jokes pertaining to the game characters to rip apart the boredom.btw missions are monotonous and many times repetitive.
For a co-op game it was decent enough but nothing compared to l4d series.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
in the last boss fight I had to load it several times from checkpoint to defeat the boss as I was playing in Sp mode though in co-op mode then it would be a lot easier.

one thing I missed sorely in this game was there's is no real night environment in this game - a survival horror game with night ( read dark ) environment creates a chilling effect and bcoz of this the flashlight is almost useless in this game.

I liked Weapon Mods and Customization in this game and this is the first Zombie game in which we can actually drive a vehicle - the fast travel feature also saved a lot of time but this all was in some previous game titles - this game only combined those features and packed it into a survival horror though one new thing I liked a lot is zombie kicking - that felt really good ;-)

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
In our boss fight, it ended with just two frag grenades, unfortunately three party members were also in the range of those grenades.. :p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
yeah.. even though I killed less, I was on level 38 (highest in party). :p
Show-off! :grin:

I have to agree with topgear about the night environment. I would have been great to have a dynamic day-night cycle in the game. I mean, it had weather shifts, but no night time set-up. The sewer levels were creepy. I understand the beach part being all sunny weather, but at least the Jungle could have been 10 times more scary, if we had night gameplay. I'm sure someone over at steam forums were working on a mod for it.

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
:grinsmack:
I have to agree with topgear about the night environment. I would have been great to have a dynamic day-night cycle in the game. I mean, it had weather shifts, but no night time set-up. The sewer levels were creepy. I understand the beach part being all sunny weather, but at least the Jungle could have been 10 times more scary, if we had night gameplay. I'm sure someone over at steam forums were working on a mod for it.
One thing I would like to add, if developer have copied so many things from other games, why didn't they copy co-op partner revival from Borderlands or Left 4 Dead. :? It would have been a much better experience if Med-kits weren't required for revival.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
One thing I would like to add, if developer have copied so many things from other games, why didn't they copy co-op partner revival from Borderlands or Left 4 Dead. :? It would have been a much better experience if Med-kits weren't required for revival.
Agreed! I believe I have only revived twice in the entire game. We had so many opportunities to revive each other when we were knocked down by a Thug or a RAAM, but this game didn't allow us to. :(

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
in the last boss fight I had to load it several times from checkpoint to defeat the boss as I was playing in Sp mode though in co-op mode then it would be a lot easier.

Attacked the boss on fury/rage mode, and sameer threw 2 grenades which killed him and me, total time less than 30 secs.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
In our boss fight, it ended with just two frag grenades, unfortunately three party members were also in the range of those grenades.. :p

Attacked the boss on fury/rage mode, and sameer threw 2 grenades which killed him and me, total time less than 30 secs.

that sounds pretty easy - I had to use guns and ( upgraded+moded ) lethal sharp weapons ;-)

^^Gang bang!thats what we call.:D

;-) ;-)

thanks for the info - looking forward to this mod ;-)

:grinsmack:

Agreed! I believe I have only revived twice in the entire game. We had so many opportunities to revive each other when we were knocked down by a Thug or a RAAM, but this game didn't allow us to. :(

So this one has no revival option like L4D ( can't say about BL as I've not played this in MP mode yet ) - we have to use medkits each time we want to revive a partner - but in L4D we can at-least decide when we should give a medkit to our partners but one good thing is this game has plenty of snacks , fruits and energy drinks to maintain health ;-)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Possible sequel???

Dead Island dev trademarks 'Dead World' - Shacknews.com - Video Game News, Trailers, Game Videos, and Files

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
hey guys 2 doubts------
1> can i play as different characters in sp?? i mean like change when ever i want??
2>are there any dev cheats like in fallout or skyrim??
i would love to go to the " room of requirement" so to speak.

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
damn.
thanks topgear.
also another doubt...... after you finish the game is there any free roam??
cause i haven't finished the side quests in the resort... now iam in the sewers.( after the police station is overrun) can't i go back???

Top Bottom