DDR3 RAM Guide

mitraark

Decrepit
But would it work without giving any problem? BSOD or such?

I can also just buy a new 2x4 GB kit which will be supported by my Gigabyte H55 motherboard. That'll require spending more money though :(

Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4 GB, I saw some PC thread post quote its price as 4200, where can I get it at that price?

mitraark

Decrepit
Planning to transfer my Corsair 4GB 1333 Value to my 2nd PC which has a 2GB 1333 Kingston stick, if it works without any issues therem will order the HyperX Fury

Getting HyperX Fury at 4762 from Flipkart

Although not sure whether my motherboard Gigabyte H55-S2M will support the HyperX modules...

mitraark

Decrepit
Tried using the Corsair 4GB and the Kingston 2GB ( both 1333 Mhz ) although both modules were detected only 4 GB RAM was usable..

Anyway ordering the HyperX Fury today, hopefully all will work out well :)

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered HyperX Fury 2x4GB from Flipkart for 4500

mitraark

Decrepit
HyperX Fury 2x4GB working fine on my Gigabyte h55-S2M Motherboard.

Was a bit tensed, saw a post in Tomshardware where a Kingston rep mentioned Gigabyte old cheap motherboard H55 doesn't support high density RAMs.

Also, was unable to use my Corsair 4GB 1333Mhz and Kingston 2GB 1333Mhz together, it detected 6GB of total RAM but showed usable as 4 GB ( 3.96 GB) only.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have a Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz CL9 kit and if I buy Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4GB 1600Mhz CL10 kit.

Will both the KITS work in Dual Channel Memory mode or will they work as only single channel memory only. Please reply?

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
In the future if any game might need it then what...

Then you can buy them at cheaper rates at that time. There is no game that can use 8GB of system RAM apart from GPU ram. If in case any such game is invented by any of the developers even then it won't be worthwhile as you would need to upgrade your GPU in that case as it would be slow as hell.
The GPU don't use system ram much. As its pretty slow by there standards.

If you have excess money and want to spend that on additional ram for the fun of it. Then yes surely go ahead. But, it won't make any difference in the performace of your computer.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Then you can buy them at cheaper rates at that time. There is no game that can use 8GB of system RAM apart from GPU ram. If in case any such game is invented by any of the developers even then it won't be worthwhile as you would need to upgrade your GPU in that case as it would be slow as hell.
The GPU don't use system ram much. As its pretty slow by there standards.

If you have excess money and want to spend that on additional ram for the fun of it. Then yes surely go ahead. But, it won't make any difference in the performace of your computer.

Thanks for clearing my doubt. I dont have any excess money.
1 little doubt, is 750Ti enough for 720p gaming at medium settings or should I upgrade to 960.

vito scalleta

In the zone
1 little doubt, is 750Ti enough for 720p gaming at medium settings or should I upgrade to 960.

750Ti can do medium at 1080. at 720p it can manage high to very high. but if can buy 960 u should coz 960 >> 750Ti

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman

Gtx 750ti is a pretty good card. You can easily expect mid to high lvl settings on full hd 1080p. For 720p that would scale even better with full/max settings.

If your budget allows then you can consider gtx960 as well. It definitely is better than gtx750 ti. You can expect high to max settings at full hd 1080p with gtx 960.

For 720p though 960 would be an overkill with almost Rs5-6k difference over 750ti. So, decide according to your budget.

Pancul

Broken In
Hi, I bought a lenovo G50-45 laptop (AMD A8 6410) recently. After purchasing I found that it has 4 GB ram but with 800 mhz frequency only. I want to use 8gb ram now. Please suggest if I buy one more 4gb ram with 800 mhz or a single stick 8gb ram with 1600 mhz. Which gonna be faster and better? I know my motherboard supports upto 1833 mhz ram.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your 800 Mhz ram module is actually a 1600 Mhz modules so yes, you need to look for 1600 Mhz module. You can use a 8GB single module. As your cpu config is single channel only either 2x4Gb or a single 8GB does not makes any performance difference. So if you want a little less heat and power consumption with possibility of making the laptop a 16Gb power horse then get the single 8Gb module. You can also use the existing 4GB module to make the memory capacity to a whooping 12GB.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
I inserted a HyperX Fury 8 GB 1866 Mhz Module in my existing 2x2 GB Gskill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz and they are working together like a charm.

There Make, Timings and frequencies are different but the Mobo seems to have worked out the slowest solution :)

Top Bottom