DDR3 RAM Guide

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Thanks for clearing my doubts :)
I thought I was cheated , he charged me 1.4 k for 4gb ddr3 hynix ram .
Only when I checked internet later did I find that corsair ram is available at that rate .

famit007

Right off the assembly line
Kudos to U for that work;
Question: I've Lenovo 3000H, where DDR1 RAM is used. What kind of Motherbroad & Proccessor I need so that I can install
Adata or other DDR3Ram. want to upgrade my PC.

OP
d3p

d3p

PowerHouse
Kudos to U for that work;
Question: I've Lenovo 3000H, where DDR1 RAM is used. What kind of Motherbroad & Proccessor I need so that I can install
Adata or other DDR3Ram. want to upgrade my PC.

Welcome to TDF & thanks for the appreciations.

Well in the case of upgrade or any new purchase, i would suggest you to Create a new thread in the following section.

Visit this section : Pc-components & configurations

Read this template : <Click here>

& Create a thread with your own queries.

insaneYLN

In the zone
d3p, kudos to you for compiling this helpful guide. We appreciate your wonderful effort.
:thumbs:

I would like to know your and the other knowledgeable members' opinion on the Corsair Vengeance 4GB Single Module DDR3 Memory Kit (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9). The reference link is, Vengeance®

An acquaintance at university will be building a gaming system for himself, and I suggested the aforementioned memory module.
:chinscratch:

On a side note, how does one member give reputation (rep) to another member? This thread deserves it from my side.
:smile:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vengeance memory modules are good but they don't OC much and make sure you are not using any huge cpu cooler ( if you need any further assistance do create a new thread mention your firend's future pc config ).

Reputation system is disabled in TDF.

insaneYLN

In the zone
Vengeance memory modules are good but they don't OC much and make sure you are not using any huge cpu cooler ( if you need any further assistance do create a new thread mention your firend's future pc config ).

Reputation system is disabled in TDF.

topgear, thank you very much for the apt response. I will do as you have advised if and when the lad has made a firm decision, and requires my help.
:smile:

bukaida

In the zone
Please update the guide.
What is the difference between these two models-
corsair-vengeance-ddr3-8-gb-2-x-4-gb-pc-ram-cmz8gx3m2a1600c9r/p/itmddca5zbuhqesh?pid=RAMDDC9YQNNXFY3H&

corsair-vengeance-ddr3-4-gb-1-x-gb-pc-ram-cmz4gx3m1a1600c9/p/itmd2rypbx4eehaf?pid=RAMD2RYPMVWCEK6E&

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
apart from pricing and capacity there's no difference ... the price is higher for the 8GB kit because it's a factory paired kit which generally price more compared to two individual memory sticks of lesser capacity and same specs.

AK HIL

Broken In
guyz... does

Intel® Desktop Board DH55PJ is compatible
with
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) - Corsair : Flipkart.com

from manufactures site it is showing that it can be extended upto 8 gb (with 2 Gb memory technology)
but i have only 2 slot.

i already have 2gb ram inside with 32bit system
can i use the new ram with my old one without discarding... ie (2+4=6GB)
help out guyzzzz....???

insaneYLN

In the zone
Please update the guide.
What is the difference between these two models-
corsair-vengeance-ddr3-8-gb-2-x-4-gb-pc-ram-cmz8gx3m2a1600c9r/p/itmddca5zbuhqesh?pid=RAMDDC9YQNNXFY3H&

corsair-vengeance-ddr3-4-gb-1-x-gb-pc-ram-cmz4gx3m1a1600c9/p/itmd2rypbx4eehaf?pid=RAMD2RYPMVWCEK6E&

apart from pricing and capacity there's no difference ... the price is higher for the 8GB kit because it's a factory paired kit which generally price more compared to two individual memory sticks of lesser capacity and same specs.

With reference to @bukaida's query, would one recommend to stick with a factory paired kit, or it is better to get two modules (in the case of a dual channel configuration) of the same capacity and other relevant specifications?
:chinscratch:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Better to stick with a factory paired kit but if you want to cut on some cost then you can get tow modules of similar specs and same capacity. If you want you may want to check if they are of same batch.

insaneYLN

In the zone
Better to stick with a factory paired kit but if you want to cut on some cost then you can get tow modules of similar specs and same capacity. If you want you may want to check if they are of same batch.

Thank you very much, @topgear. How do I check if multiple memory modules are of the same batch, or not?
:ashamed:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's no exact rule but look out on the pack of ram modules ... the first couple digit of S/N may help.

- - - Updated - - -

guyz... does

Intel® Desktop Board DH55PJ is compatible
with
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) - Corsair : Flipkart.com

from manufactures site it is showing that it can be extended upto 8 gb (with 2 Gb memory technology)
but i have only 2 slot.

i already have 2gb ram inside with 32bit system
can i use the new ram with my old one without discarding... ie (2+4=6GB)
help out guyzzzz....???

you can use 2+4Gb memory modules from different manufacturers with similar specs but it's better if you use ram module of same manufacturer. Another thing is your motherboard supports upto 1333 Mhz ddr3 ram speed so getting corsair value series 1333 Mhz module makes more sense here.

mitraark

Decrepit
Guys I have a 4 GB 1333 Corsair Value Select RAM on my Gigabyte H55 motherboard.

Will a 4 GB 1600 RAM work OK with it in 2x4 GB mode?

Top Bottom