Dark Souls PC

Alok

Adventurer
[youtube]w6sPHs2EQfc[/youtube]
DARK SOULS : Prepare to Die edition, coming to PC.

On January 6, 2012, fans started a petition to bring Dark Souls to PC, with over 82,600 people signing it in the first two weeks. On January 13, Tony Shoupinou replied by saying: “Damn you are amazing! I honestly wasn’t expecting such a massive support. My boss(es) even came to talk to me about this, after it exploded all around the world. If you wanted to have the attention of Namco Bandai Games, now you have it. The future is in your hands, and I hope you will keep supporting this. I make a personal objective to make sure every relevant person at Namco Bandai Games is in touch with this formidable effort.” The PC version of the game was confirmed on April 7, 2012 via an April edition of the PC Action magazine.

New content on PC :

* New Bosses - Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
* PVP Online Matchmaking System - Quick matching for co-op or PVP
* New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
* New Enemies – Including AbyssGuard, Chained Prisoner and more
* New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more
* New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs
*cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width_scaled/hash/a2/69/1333791817_18.jpg *cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width_scaled/hash/ae/56/1333792227_10.jpg *cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width_scaled/hash/f3/cc/1333792227_1.jpg *cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width_scaled/hash/94/14/1333792227_13.jpg
*cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width_scaled/hash/6e/7d/1333792227_014_73.jpg *cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width_scaled/hash/d6/7a/1333792227_019_56.jpg

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Dam! You beat me to it. :p

I pray they fix the frame rate issues and make it a much more smoother experience. But like the title says "Prepare to Die" and die you will.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes it comin
PC Action magazine holds the first details of the PC version, which they say is called “Dark Souls: Prepare to Die”. The game will feature brand new bosses, however, everything else, such as the graphics and gameplay, will remain the same (which is not really a bad thing here). Apparently, gamepads will be supported.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
One thing I learnt from this. Petitions do wurk. Since Skyrim, I've developed some love for ancient RPGs.... let's see how this game is.

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah I also heard that its pretty tough. I'll tell you what most console button mashers are quite hard.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
4 more months to go ;-)

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition, and it'll reportedly feature some new bosses and other content to encourage those who played it on consoles to dive back in.

The graphics are also rumored to be better, and we'd hazard a guess that the frame rate issues experienced in certain areas will be alleviated as well. Naturally, it'll support gamepads as well—playing Dark Souls with a mouse and keyboard would be a real nightmare.

The site also reports that it's coming in August

"Dark Souls" Is Coming To PC With "Prepare To Die" Edition | Complex

gameranand

Living to Play
You know its not that a single console exclusive is coming to PC but some other games like RRU, SFVST are also coming which shows that PC game is not dying a slow death but its actually flourishing day by day. Viva la PC Gaming. :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Any console player tried this ?? Ethan i guess !
I had tried the initial parts of the game and YES, it's HAAARD!

I highly recommend you guys watch this review for Demon's Souls (PS3), to get a rough idea of what you could expect from Dark Souls. This is one of the best reviews I have seen in years. :-D

[youtube]BnyVo3XWqV0[/youtube]

OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
Lol nice review. One thing i noticed that he was constantly moving the character same as i did in pop sot to dodge attacks.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
this reminds me of two pc games though they are vaguely related only : DarkSector and DarkSider.

and this completes the Dark series PC game trio collection ;-)

OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
:lol:

btw some things that are i want to be implemented in the game>
*good support for keyboard-mouse as well as controller with manual keymapping.
*direct x 11 support
*good fps.
*adjustable fov

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
this reminds me of two pc games though they are vaguely related only : DarkSector and DarkSider.

and this completes the Dark series PC game trio collection ;-)

Yeah, Darksiders was challenging in some boss fights and so was POP TTT.

I wonder what kind of challenge will this pose.

Top Bottom