Dark Souls PC

Tachyon1986

In the zone
You guys should watch Yahtzee's review of Demon's Souls :

The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Demon's Souls

In typical Zero Punctuation style, he describes the game quite accurately.

gameranand

Living to Play
You guys should watch Yahtzee's review of Demon's Souls :

The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Demon's Souls

In typical Zero Punctuation style, he describes the game quite accurately.

Demon souls is a predecessor in the series ??

OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
Demon souls is a predecessor in the series ??

dark souls is spiritual successor to demon souls.
And if i'm not missing it was gamespot game of the year...

Yes it was the overall goty.....and best ps3 game of 2009.(Demon Souls)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yup that's absolutely correct info. And i had also heard that demon souls was very difficult for beginners and pro gamers as well.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Yes, I heard the difficulty was insane which is why most players quit. As Yahtzee says at the end of the review "F**k you demon souls". :D

gameranand

Living to Play
But when game becomes too tough then its unbearable and fun is gone.
But I don't think this game would be that tough.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
But when game becomes too tough then its unbearable and fun is gone.
But I don't think this game would be that tough.

Apparently, Dark Souls is even more worse than it's predecessor in the difficulty department. I agree with you on the point that making games insanely hard can sometimes actually take the fun away.

Point in case , the boss fights in Deus Ex : Human Revolution. You were forced to kill them, and they were easy only if your character was combat-oriented. Stealth players like me almost smashed their head into the monitor out of sheer frustration.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Apparently, Dark Souls is even more worse than it's predecessor in the difficulty department. I agree with you on the point that making games insanely hard can sometimes actually take the fun away.

Point in case , the boss fights in Deus Ex : Human Revolution. You were forced to kill them, and they were easy only if your character was combat-oriented. Stealth players like me almost smashed their head into the monitor out of sheer frustration.

Actually Namir can be defeated with one takedown. :wink:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ but in Splinter Cell conviction there's ain't any badass monster trying to eat you ;-) and generally I play most of the games at normal Difficulty mode and as many are saying that Dark Souls will be really tough even at normal mode I think I'll have enough fun playing this.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
As a guy who brought down the mighty Demon Souls, I can comfortably say this,

Get ready to scream mindlessly at your monitor, F7U12 shouts, rage quits. I can say this, because I did it all. Heck.. I was this close to throw the controller away in frustration. But, when I cleared an area or defeated a boss, I felt like I am bad ass, ze god.

Haven't played Dark Souls yet. Will play it on PC.

gameranand

Living to Play
As a guy who brought down the mighty Demon Souls, I can comfortably say this,

Get ready to scream mindlessly at your monitor, F7U12 shouts, rage quits. I can say this, because I did it all. Heck.. I was this close to throw the controller away in frustration. But, when I cleared an area or defeated a boss, I felt like I am bad ass, ze god.

Haven't played Dark Souls yet. Will play it on PC.

:rofl::lol: Now that is something. :)
I have actually thrown my controller one time out of frustration but thankfully it was alright and survived that. :D

Top Bottom