cyborg47

Technomancer
^^That was nt modding, all he did was just copy the texture file from crysis 1 and replace it in crysis 2 folder.

gameranand

Living to Play
thetechfreak said:
Crytek must have done better than that.

Played it at friends computer and graphics was awesome.

He probably was playing at a higher difficulty, I found the AI quite difficult to beat, they got me whereever I ran, attacked.
Actually they didn't. They just toned down everything from crysis 1 in crysis 2.

cyborg47 said:
That was nt modding, all he did was just copy the texture file from crysis 1 and replace it in crysis 2 folder.
LOL. :D:D:D

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^^That was nt modding, all he did was just copy the texture file from crysis 1 and replace it in crysis 2 folder.

Ain't that a good news? I'll just copy the textures then and have awesome grass.

Pretty creepy, this mod.

*s3.postimage.org/ubgikgius/Crysis_2011_04_02_14_00_59_79.jpg
image host

*s3.postimage.org/91t7udi0v/Crysis_2011_04_02_14_00_01_34.jpg
upload image

cyborg47

Technomancer
Ain't that a good news? I'll just copy the textures then and have awesome grass.

lol..yeah do try that.
btw, some dude at mycrysis forums said he'll make a texture pack with the existing crysis 1 textures and new ones, not sure when will he get that uploaded, but i ll keep an eye over there.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
LOL, at least in this case the grass is definitely greener on the other side. ;)

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I think crysis 2 has a graphical edge over crysis in extreme settings. Evryone things crysis is better because of more greenery in the former. The latter stresses more into urban settings and you can't compare debris with beautiful landscapes. The game settings are different in crysis 2.

cyborg47

Technomancer
I think crysis 2 has a graphical edge over crysis in extreme settings. Evryone things crysis is better because of more greenery in the former. The latter stresses more into urban settings and you can't compare debris with beautiful landscapes. The game settings are different in crysis 2.

You even played the game!?
graphics in this game are stripped down like hell, dont even think of comparing it to crysis/warhead.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yup played it at extreme settings in Cilus's system( our forum member) as my mobo is kaput. He has a phenom 2 1090t + 6870. He's planning to xfire too. We also have the dx10 patch.

Even the vehicles have a nice touch compared to the original.

I believe what i saw. Go past dead man walking and you too will believe it.

Like i said , they are based on different settings. They can't be compared. The building's in crysis 2 are far realistic than crysis/crysis warhead.

gameranand

Living to Play
vickeybat said:
I disagree on this. They are really toned down if you say about urban and landscape then what about water reflection what about ground textures. If you are talking about debris try to blow up a vehicle in crysis warhead and then Crysis 2 you will see the difference.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Here's some info:

Xbox 360 version of crysis 2 has no self shadows from light sources. - Check here.

Killzone3 vs crysis 2 vs crysis - Check here.

I disagree on this. They are really toned down if you say about urban and landscape then what about water reflection what about ground textures. If you are talking about debris try to blow up a vehicle in crysis warhead and then Crysis 2 you will see the difference.

Try extreme settings. I liked vehicle blowups in crysis 2 in the extreme settings. Same goes for water effects. The above screenshot i provided also was in very high and not extreme.

Believe me guys, crysis 2 is a looker in extreme settings.

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Have you played Crysis 1 or warhead on extreme settings???
Man st any settings they are far better than Crysis 2. You can't compare crysis 2 with extreme settings with crysis or warhead at very high. Try them I have tried and tested thats why I am saying this.
Of course its a looker but not better than Crysis 1 or warhead.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Ya man i have played crysis/warhead in very high with 2x aa. Man i find crysis 2 better. The lighting effects are better in crysis 2. Look harder buddy.

I have the latest dx10 patch. Use that. You must be in dx9 mode.

gameranand

Living to Play
I also play in DX10. And I am right about graphics but everyone has his own eyes and ears and if you find Crysis 2 better than Crysis 1 and warhead its fine for me. IMO Crysis 1 and warhead are better.

cyborg47

Technomancer
@Vickybat - What about the textures, have u found them awesome too?

btw, hargreave reminds me of g-man from half life series.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ is there any way to adjust brightness and contrast ??

I'm about to clean up the alien insect hive ;-)

Top Bottom