critical cpu temeprature while playing games ..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Z3 is not inferioor compared to Z5/Z9 and the price difference is 150-200/300 bucks compared to Z5/Z9.

@ OP - If you are living in USA/Eu then get a liquid cooler from Corsair .. they provides warrnty coverage if the cooler leaks and damages pc componenets within warrnty period but in here getting such warranty could be an issue so just to play safe we are recommending air coolers and if you have the budget get you can get the top of the line Air cooler like ThermalRight SilverArrow @ 4.5k .. at the cost of a decent water cooler you can get a high end air cooling solution. and your H67 won't let you OC your cpu .. so you can skip the liquid cooling part.

icebags

Technomancer
probably the case has ventilation problems with rear exaust getting blocked or the cooler is not properly mounted. but if you are looking for good cooling, hyper 212 is good, even for medium oc with i5s, it will probably run those games @60-66 degrees. cheaper liquid coolings on the other hand are not exactly that cheap and neither they are as effective.

but before you do anything, do a little test: run realtemp before launching bf3/crysis and take a log. make sure the data is started to be recorded in the log and then play games with those temps for few minutes. then share that log file here, let us take a look.
Real Temp - CPU temperature monitoring

OP
G

gunnergyan123

Broken In
probably the case has ventilation problems with rear exaust getting blocked or the cooler is not properly mounted. but if you are looking for good cooling, hyper 212 is good, even for medium oc with i5s, it will probably run those games @60-66 degrees. cheaper liquid coolings on the other hand are not exactly that cheap and neither they are as effective.

but before you do anything, do a little test: run realtemp before launching bf3/crysis and take a log. make sure the data is started to be recorded in the log and then play games with those temps for few minutes. then share that log file here, let us take a look.
Real Temp - CPU temperature monitoring

real temp log during battlefield 3 at native resolution ultra high settings..

i could not upload the csv real temp log files or zip files error occurred , so am uploading the screenshots of log file check those out ...

Attachments

• real temp log 1.jpg
    real temp log 1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 84
  • real temp 2.jpg
    real temp 2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 87
  • real temp log 3.jpg
    real temp log 3.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 80
  • real temp log 4.jpg
    real temp log 4.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 80
heard about em in TDF is it real
Yep, it's real. Although I've never heard anyone saying their pc got damages by a vacuum cleaner. It's just like the "Do not use mobile phone in petrol pumps" warning, even though there has not been a single case in history of explosion caused by mobile phone.

The Pain

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I had the same problem on my AMD Phenom II 970 Setup. This happens only on 3 games as of now. BF3, Crysis 3 and TR. Stock fan was too noisy so switched to a CM TX3 EVO. Even with the TX3, the temps was reach very close to 60 degrees depending on the duration of play. 62 being the treshold as per the processor specs.

I upgraded to a Corsair H60 liquid cooled setup but still the temps would reach the high 50's which shocked me. I have just set the H60 up in Push Pull configuration as of last night and finally the temps are under control and dont exceed 52 degrees. So im happy

IMO There are 2 things that may be the issue here. 1 - These 3 games are extremely taxing on the CPU as well as GPU. 2 - Ambient temperatures of your room/cabinet matter a great deal.

my pc configuration is - Motherboard - intel dh67bl
Processor - intel core i5 2500k 3.3 ghz
corsair cx 500 v2 psu
corsair vengeance 4gb x 2 sticks of ram
corsair gt120 gb ssd
seagate barcuda hdd 512 gb 7200 rpm
NZXT phantom atx cabinet
zotac geforce gtx 660ti

when i play battlefield 3 in ultra settings and crysis 3 in medium to high settings at 1920x1080p resolution .game runs smooth and card performs good and stays cool but the cpu temperature reach to its threshold to 88 degree Celsius within just 10 minutes of gaming .....whats the problem ? all fans are running good ... how to solve this ???? its irritating me..tell me the cheapest and effective way to solve this .

please dont tell me to change the motherboard or cabinet because i am not in good condition to buy a new one after buying graphics card ..

please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icebags

Technomancer

i could not upload the csv real temp log files or zip files error occurred , so am uploading the screenshots of log file check those out ...

wow, cpu going ga-ga even @ 50-60% load, u better realign the heatsink first, and check if rear exaust getting blocked anyhow. if they are ok, consider aftermarket coolers.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

stock coolers are crappy .. and we have a thread on this so you better change to some good after market cooler at-least 212 EVo.

Hi,

I had the same problem on my AMD Phenom II 970 Setup. This happens only on 3 games as of now. BF3, Crysis 3 and TR. Stock fan was too noisy so switched to a CM TX3 EVO. Even with the TX3, the temps was reach very close to 60 degrees depending on the duration of play. 62 being the treshold as per the processor specs.

I upgraded to a Corsair H60 liquid cooled setup but still the temps would reach the high 50's which shocked me. I have just set the H60 up in Push Pull configuration as of last night and finally the temps are under control and dont exceed 52 degrees. So im happy

IMO There are 2 things that may be the issue here. 1 - These 3 games are extremely taxing on the CPU as well as GPU. 2 - Ambient temperatures of your room/cabinet matter a great deal.

your temps are fine ( depends on which app you are using ) and the max core temp limit is 90c AFAIK.

The Pain

Right off the assembly line
your temps are fine ( depends on which app you are using ) and the max core temp limit is 90c AFAIK.

Hi Topgear, was going by the temperature information given at the link below:

AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition - HDZ970FBK4DGM / HDZ970FBGMBOX

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
those are most probably cpu package ( tCase temp ) but most of the temp monitoring apps measures the cpu core temp ( tJmax ) .. so like I said it all depends on the software you are using to monitor cpu temp .. for quad core cpus 60-65c is good generally. Use Hwinfo or HWmonitor to monitor temps.

Hrishi

those are most probably cpu package ( tCase temp ) but most of the temp monitoring apps measures the cpu core temp ( tJmax ) .. so like I said it all depends on the software you are using to monitor cpu temp .. for quad core cpus 60-65c is good generally. Use Hwinfo or HWmonitor to monitor temps.
isn't it that the tCase temp. is same as the temp. of hottest core ???

Most reputed apps report the temperature of the hottest core as the package temperature. tJmax is the maximum temeerature of a device after which is automaticalls performes a thermal shutdown.

Most reputed apps report the temperature of the hottest core as the package temperature. tJmax is the maximum temeerature of a device after which is automaticalls performes a thermal shutdown.

rst

Youngling
There are also some simple ways

1. set your CPU vcore to 1.30 V
2. clean your sytem (specially cpu and psu fan)

img1675r2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom