critical cpu temeprature while playing games ..

gunnergyan123

Broken In
my pc configuration is - Motherboard - intel dh67bl
Processor - intel core i5 2500k 3.3 ghz
corsair cx 500 v2 psu
corsair vengeance 4gb x 2 sticks of ram
corsair gt120 gb ssd
seagate barcuda hdd 512 gb 7200 rpm
NZXT phantom atx cabinet
zotac geforce gtx 660ti

when i play battlefield 3 in ultra settings and crysis 3 in medium to high settings at 1920x1080p resolution .game runs smooth and card performs good and stays cool but the cpu temperature reach to its threshold to 88 degree Celsius within just 10 minutes of gaming .....whats the problem ? all fans are running good ... how to solve this ???? its irritating me..tell me the cheapest and effective way to solve this .

please dont tell me to change the motherboard or cabinet because i am not in good condition to buy a new one after buying graphics card ..

please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hrishi

my pc configuration is - Motherboard - intel dh67bl
Processor - intel core i5 2500k 3.3 ghz
corsair cx 500 v2 psu
corsair vengeance 4gb x 2 sticks of ram
corsair gt120 gb ssd
seagate barcuda hdd 512 gb 7200 rpm
NZXT phantom atx cabinet
zotac geforce gtx 660ti

when i play battlefield 3 in ultra settings and crysis 3 in medium to high settings at 1920x1080p resolution .game runs smooth and card performs good and stays cool but the cpu temperature reach to its threshold to 88 degree Celsius within just 10 minutes of gaming .....whats the problem ? all fans are running good ... how to solve this ???? its irritating me..tell me the cheapest and effective way to solve this .

please dont tell me to change the motherboard or cabinet because i am not in good condition to buy a new one after buying graphics card ..

please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which CPU cooler are you using ?? Is it the Stock cooler ??
Plus when was the last time you checked the thermal paste on the CPU ??

OP
G

gunnergyan123

Broken In
Which CPU cooler are you using ?? Is it the Stock cooler ??
Plus when was the last time you checked the thermal paste on the CPU ??

yeah its the stock cooler ... its been 1 year i bought this board and processor from then till now i never opened it and checked the thermal paste ....but i am damn sure its not abt the thermal paste ..other games runs good at native resolution and ultra settings only these two monster games and other recent games like tomb raider stuck due to temperature ..

what do i do now ???????

doomgiver

Warframe
intel heatsinks are horrible at cooling, if you play such cpu intensive games, then naturally you need better cooling.buy a coolermaster hyper 212 evo cpu cooler. one of the most VFM cooler.

OP
G

gunnergyan123

Broken In
intel heatsinks are horrible at cooling, if you play such cpu intensive games, then naturally you need better cooling.buy a coolermaster hyper 212 evo cpu cooler. one of the most VFM cooler.

oh yeah intel stock cooler is horrible at cooling , but what if the change of cooler is not the solution to my problem...

doomgiver

Warframe
the best you can do : get a good TIM, remove old paste and put new TIM, and reinstall the heatsink properly.

Hrishi

Have you monitored the RPM at which your CPU fan is running ??
It may not be running at its full speed.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
oh yeah intel stock cooler is horrible at cooling , but what if the change of cooler is not the solution to my problem...

if there's no issue with your cpu/mobo temp sensors and you have proper ventilation then an after market cpu cooler like Hyper 212 Evo should solve the heating issue for sure ( provided you need to install it properly ).

OP
G

gunnergyan123

Broken In
Have you monitored the RPM at which your CPU fan is running ??
It may not be running at its full speed.

the fan is ok its running at 3200 RPM and working good ... but the thing is the temperature is ok with other games like nfs run , modern warfare 3 at ultra settings and in native resolution but in battlefield 3 and crysis 3 the temperature is horrible .. unable to play at ultra settings and at native resolution ...

nfs run - max 66 degree Celsius fan speed 1050 to 1500 RPM

crysis 3 - max 90 degree Celsius fan speed 3200 RPM approximately

battlefield 3 - max 90 degree Celsius fan speed 3200 RPM approximately

now tell me what to do ?

amjath

Human Spambot
^ as above guys suggest, but lets start with less budget

Get a good TIM something like this
DEEPCOOL THERMAL PASTE Z3
and re-apply.

how many fans u using on ur cabinet

OP
G

gunnergyan123

Broken In

and re-apply.

ok i will change the thermal paste .. and my cabinet is NZXT 921RB-001-BL Black Steel GUARDIAN 921 RB ATX Mid Tower

FRONT, 1 X 120 mm LED FAN [Included]
REAR, 1 X 120 mm FAN [Included]
SIDE PANEL, 1 X 120 mm LED FAN [Included]
TOP, 1 x 140mm

now u got the information u needed now tell me what to do after changing the thermal paste if this problem strikes back ...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ then you might have to buy a cpu cooler and you see different temps in different games because C3, BF3 are more cpu intensive than nfs or mw3 .... try games like BFBC2 ( another games very well optimized for cpu ).

and re-apply.

for TiM anything lower that Z5/Z9 is not recommended.

OP
G

gunnergyan123

Broken In
^^ then you might have to buy a cpu cooler and you see different temps in different games because C3, BF3 are more cpu intensive than nfs or mw3 .... try games like BFBC2 ( another games very well optimized for cpu ).

for TiM anything lower that Z5/Z9 is not recommended.

ok friends thanks for suggestions and help thanks a lot ... i have finally decided to buy an CORSAIR liquid CPU cooler . and lets see the difference .

but first tell me what are the advantages and dis-advantages of liquid cpu cooler ..

i want to know is liquid cpu cooler is better or not .

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
ok friends thanks for suggestions and help thanks a lot ... i have finally decided to buy an CORSAIR liquid CPU cooler . and lets see the difference .

but first tell me what are the advantages and dis-advantages of liquid cpu cooler ..

Are you planning to OC your CPU or is it just the current temps that you wanna beat??

If you arent (or even OCing it upto 4.5GHz) OCing, get the Hyper 212 air cooler. Its more than enough.

why do u need an additional headache of maintaining a liquid cooler??

Unless you are a serious overclocker, liquid cooling is an overkill with the added risk of coolant leakage. Get CM Hyper 212 EVO and Arctic Silver 5 and properly clean cooler and cpu's surface before application.

OP
G

gunnergyan123

Broken In
Unless you are a serious overclocker, liquid cooling is an overkill with the added risk of coolant leakage. Get CM Hyper 212 EVO and Arctic Silver 5 and properly clean cooler and cpu's surface before application.

yes its the current temp which has become a headache for me . i know cooler master hyper 212 evo is betterair cooler in budget and i read the review .

its 2 good but i want to know that why not a liquid cpu cooler instead of an air cooler though i am not going to overclock my processor until i buy a new mobo coz my mobo is h67 motherboard . cant overclock

is it ok to get a liquid cpu cooler for h67 board and core i5 2500k processor for now ????????

is it very difficult to maintain liquid cpu cooler ?

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
yes its the current temp which has become a headache for me . i know cooler master hyper 212 evo is betterair cooler in budget and i read the review .

its 2 good but i want to know that why not a liquid cpu cooler instead of an air cooler though i am not going to overclock my processor until i buy a new mobo coz my mobo is h67 motherboard . cant overclock

is it ok to get a liquid cpu cooler for h67 board and core i5 2500k processor for now ????????

Do you love to smell a burnt board on one fine day because of a leak specially when you have not opened your cpu from past year, if any sort of leak surfaces, high chances is that you might realize it only after u recieve the "sweet" fragrance of a burnt board.

PS:: A worst case scenario, but is very much possible.

> Did you try to reapply a new/better YIM?

> You can use liq. cooling on a b67 motherboard.

> They are not hard to maintain, but a bit tedious to clean. Also, the risk of leakage is always present. Search a bit on people using it and see if they are happy or say :D

lakeport

Banned
get a vaccum cleaner and blow away all the dust from the inside of the cae.. direct a high pressure jet of air towards the heatsink to remove any dust that clogging it.

Top Bottom