Create your own free forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Step-by-Step Procedure to install myBB in your server:

1. In your browser, visit the URL where you installed your forums, appending /install/ on to the end of it.
For example: yourname.x10hosting.com/forum/install/

ey.. after diz i couldnt install forum.. i dunno y.. plz help guyz....
If you have installed the forum before then delete the file named "lock" in your install directory...
Just remove the last slash and try if you havent installed before....
yourname.x10hosting.com/forum/install

vivekrules

Broken In
If you have installed the forum before then delete the file named "lock" in your install directory...
Just remove the last slash and try if you havent installed before....
yourname.x10hosting.com/forum/install

ey can u tell me where i cant find tat file i mean LOCK File
in which folder...??
caz i count enter in the install page.. :(

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Goto the directory in the server where you have uploaded the files. There goto the install folder. There will be a file named "lock" Delete it and then install your forum again.
This file will be there only if you have installed the forum before.:)

New

Padawan
@giga
I have one basic doubt.U have mentioned in tut that" I Recommended you to go for “Ad Free” account which offers 300 MB of disk space with 10 GB / Month Bandwidth.".What happens if bandwidth crosses more than that? Will they charge for it? I know this is a silly question,but I don't have any knowledge regarding sites.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/2.gif

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
What happens if bandwidth crosses more than that? Will they charge for it? I know this is a silly question,but I don't have any knowledge regarding sites.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/2.gif

your website will get a default error page..set my host provider.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
@giga
I have one basic doubt.U have mentioned in tut that" I Recommended you to go for “Ad Free” account which offers 300 MB of disk space with 10 GB / Month Bandwidth.".What happens if bandwidth crosses more than that? Will they charge for it? I know this is a silly question,but I don't have any knowledge regarding sites.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/2.gif
It is very unlikely that you transfer more than 10 Gb data unless you plan to have a VERY BIG site Eg: A full blown file sharing server!

New

Padawan
Thanks for the replays..Planning to start a new site in my name*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/7.gif

vivekrules

Broken In
^^Goto the directory in the server where you have uploaded the files. There goto the install folder. There will be a file named "lock" Delete it and then install your forum again.
This file will be there only if you have installed the forum before.:)

thkz 4 de reply... but i havent install forum...
den also itz not opening :(......
is dere ny other soln ??

tell me should i share my domain ???

vivekrules

Broken In
Please explain in details......
Also please avoid short words.

okay ..
well i have dont all procedure till
---------------------------------------
Step-by-Step Procedure to install myBB in your server:

1. In your browser, visit the URL where you installed your forums, appending /install/ on to the end of it.
For example: yourname.x10hosting.com/forum/install/
---------------------------------------
after this iam goin to the install link.. itz say.. the page cannot be open..
i dont know why it is not opening..
tell me should i tell you my site name ? or my username ???
hope now u got it wat m want to say !!

salilrane

.........Access Denied!!!
MyBB Error

MyBB has generated a critical error and as a result cannot function correctly.

MyBB Said:

Error Code: install_directory

The install directory (install/) still exists on your server and is not locked. To access MyBB please either remove this directory or create an empty file in it called 'lock'.

Please try clicking the Refresh button in your web browser to see if this corrects this problem.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

this is error i am getting

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Even i get the same thing. There is some problem with compatibility with x10hosting servers...
Better stay away from x10hosting....

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try using phpBB3 if MyBB 1.2 doesn't work out. My MyBB forum is working fine with x10hosting since 1.5 month.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^I agree.. I use phpBB2 and its easy to set up in x10hosting... But the x10hosting servers always have some problem with MySQL so it wont work most of the times....:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom