Create your own free forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elenec

Broken In
When you follow this tutorial, your forum URL will be:

Code:
*yourname.x10hosting.com/forum
But when you visit, *yourname.x10hosting.com, you get a directory listing because you had deleted the index.html at the beginning. So u can create your own webpage and name it as index.html using any html editors and upload it to the public_html folder using your FTP Client. Or if not you can just login to your cPanel and setup a redirect.

help me man
as i am not able to my forum it give me error "Fatal error: SUHOSIN - Use of eval is forbidden by configuration in /home/gfx/public_html/forum/global.php(251) : eval()'d code on line 251"

just have a look at this *graphicslounge.elementfx.com/ and tell what changes i need to do in index file which was delete at the begining of the tutorial

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^
1. Copy the below PHP code text and save it to a file named "eval.php". Upload this file to the home directory of your server
PHP:
<?php
$string = 'cup';
$name = 'coffee';
$str = 'This is a $string with my $name in it.';
eval("\$str = \"$str\";");
echo $str;
?>

2. Access that file by typing it address(eg: *graphicslounge.elementfx.com/eval.php )

You should be able to read the following text:
This is a cup with my coffee in it.

If you are NOT able to read it, it probably means that eval() function has been disabled(it is sometimes disabled for safety purposes).

If you are able to read it, then you may need to replace the global.php file. Try uploading it from the "upload" folder in the extracted archive.

elenec

Broken In
^
1. Copy the below PHP code text and save it to a file named "eval.php". Upload this file to the home directory of your server
PHP:
<?php
$string = 'cup';
$name = 'coffee';
$str = 'This is a $string with my $name in it.';
eval("\$str = \"$str\";");
echo $str;
?>
2. Access that file by typing it address(eg: *graphicslounge.elementfx.com/eval.php )

You should be able to read the following text:

If you are NOT able to read it, it probably means that eval() function has been disabled(it is sometimes disabled for safety purposes).

If you are able to read it, then you may need to replace the global.php file. Try uploading it from the "upload" folder in the extracted archive.

please tell how to enable eval()? as i am not able to view the result :(

parthbarot

In the zone
i don't know..may be anyone of you have seen this site...but its cool forum site...

*www.nabble.com/

nabble provides free forums ..You just need to register.. and its all free...

Many tech and open source forums are hosted here...Its a very big database..you can also search forums for help on specific topics.

Paarth.

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
^ you wont get the complete control of forum files. So you are limited. Forumotion will place their google ads in ur forums which looks ugly. But where as installing a forum in ur webspace / server gives u the max control over the board. If you feel URL is wierd to share, shorten it using www.co.cc and redirect it.

giga i face these probs,

error 1:
*skreem.exofire.net/error1.jpg
this is when i type my address into my url bar. not getting any forum.

error 2:
*skreem.exofire.net/error2.jpg
this is when i try to login to my admin account via /forum/admin and after entering password !
what hav i done wrong?:( :(

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^
1. The first error you get is because the hosting company has disabled the eval() function on their servers.
2. The second error is because sending emails through PHP on their servers is also disabled. You may be entering incorrect username and/or password. Due to this, the MyBB software is trying to send and email to the administrator about it. This is why you get the error.

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
So does that mean that hosting myBB forum is not posible on x10hosting ?
Any more good forum ? should i take phpbb3 instead?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^yes, You will not be able to host MyBB on x10hostng because every script of theirs uses eval() function.

I am not sure if it will run phpBB smoothly.

You can get more help from their support forums.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
i decided to install phpbb3. Now i have downloaded phpbb3 latest version, i uploaded all the files inside into /forum/ directory . Now when i open my forum , that is 1234.x10hosting.com/forum/ then it redirects to 1234.x10hosting.com/forum/install/index.php and it is A BLANK PAGE .Now i think i had not uninstalled mybb correctly.Now what to do?

also tell me how to install this theme. *demo.phpbb3styles.net/Black+Pearl
I use FileZilla

Also tell me some other good adfree free host

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^Had you used the same directory for installing phpBB in which you also intalled MyBB? Did you delete the MyBB before installing phpBB

and btw,1234.x10hosting.com ain't working!

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
@The Conqueror
I guess x10hosting.com is having a lot of problems these days. that blank php page is probably bcos of a low memory limit for php files...

try other free webhosts here www.freewebhostingtalk.com

@rohan
he might have used that '1234' just for example :D :p

_

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
^ya even I thought so but since he didn't mention it clearly., i thought........:D
oops! that was an example hehe
and ok now i have solved the doubt, gagan told me about CHMOD 777, i had forgotten to do that but i did that only on install folder.
plz tell me the CHMOD required for phpbb3
Thank You for ur help:)

also i want to know how to install custom themes and is 300 MB enough for 50 active members in my forum?

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
also i want to know how to install custom themes and is 300 MB enough for 50 active members in my forum?
300 MB is way more than enough, but maybe CPU and RAM usage cause the trouble as these forum packages are very resource intensive.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
ok that CPU and RAM usage is not a problem but will it suffice if all members have avatars and all ?
btw can u please suggest some good ADFREE Free Host ?

Thank you once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom