cpu temperature rising

jude.manutd

Right off the assembly line
recently my cpu temperature has been rising alot....it reaches 90C this didnt happen before....it used to go max upto 80C but the other day i was cleanin my cpu and i removd the heat sink of da processor cleand it and put it back...i am thinking maybe i sumhow removd the thermal paste or sumthing and thats why the heat sink isnt removing all the heat..is it sum other reason.....any help wil be very useful...thank you

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Post a cpu-z screenshot and what app you are using to measure cpu temps ??

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
recently my cpu temperature has been rising alot....it reaches 90C this didnt happen before....it used to go max upto 80C but the other day i was cleanin my cpu and i removd the heat sink of da processor cleand it and put it back...i am thinking maybe i sumhow removd the thermal paste or sumthing and thats why the heat sink isnt removing all the heat..is it sum other reason.....any help wil be very useful...thank you

u need to remove the heatsink again clean the remainng thermal compound from the HS & Proccy. with isopropyl alcohol which u can get from local medicine/chemist shop then reapply the TIM and then see the Temps.

OP
J

jude.manutd

Right off the assembly line
hey thanx guys all of you'll are correct..it was the thermal paste the temperature came down to a cool 36-39C now on idle compared to the 60-70...one more thing is there any other alternative to isopropyl alchol...

Post a cpu-z screenshot and what app you are using to measure cpu temps ??

i am using the intel desktop utilities and cpuid hwmonitor pro

I think applying a fresh layer of Thermal Paste will do it.
BTW which proccy do you have..
i am using the core i5 750 overclock a bit to 2.77GHz

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
isopropyl alchol is best for cleaning CPU layer .

Check these :-

Ventilation & air intake are proper in cabinet
Heatsink & CPU are attached properly
Make sure u need only a tiny bit thermal paste if u r using INTEL HEATSINK

Finally remove ur sidepanel & on the system , see that any decrease in Temp !

Top Bottom