CPU Overclock List & Discussion Thread

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
re: Overclock List & Discussion Thread

@ desiibond - Please do post in the standard format as I mentioned in the 1st post of this thread so we can know about the voltage and ram speeds :p

@ hellknight - Post the CPU speed manually too ie 3.8Ghz and alsopost in cpu stress test app scrrenshot along with a cpu-z screenshot as mentioned in the 1st post of this thread.

BTW, both of your OC is listed as stable :p Is that O.K. ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^done. let me know if that is enough or not.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
@hellknight, check your PM. btw, no overclocking on X3 720? it's stock speed is 2.8GHz right?

Last edited:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V

@desiibond.. Nope, that screenshot is of overclocking dude...
@topgear.. i think that SiSoft Sandra is also a good benchmark to test overclocking.. see.. my processor was stable at 3.6 GHz on running that benchmark.. but system rebooted on 3.7 Ghz

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

^^ i saw yesterday in techpowerup all of them are complaining the same even many of then are using HIGH END coolers getting same temp like us !

Its because of the Bios

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

Delted my posts guys. obsessed with single offtopic post,eh?

@topgear,I don't have any opportunity to overclock mine. So.. i will keep away from this.

The reason i have posted my PSU query in here is because desiibond is here. And you can tell me you can pm desiibond.. but as i am posting my bullshiti... have included my query also right up there. i thought that making a separate thread for 5-6 answer won't be good. :). To your kind attention there are many offtopic posts in this thread. I don't want to point them out :))

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Guys have updated my OC results/data on page 1.

1. OCCT run of 40 mins.
2. Temperature log for above:
3. A Crysis Warhead run. (~20 mins) - temperatures charted in Excel.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Nops Buddy my IDle has huge diff than yours I think..so do load as on heavy gaming it reached only 48degree but ont long OCCT it was 58deg... on E7400

@topgear
Sorry Buddy I have changed my proccy of E7400 so cant post the results more
E8400 @ 4.3GHz was long before mate dont get tym now and during format occt results got del ;(
Damn....
However will try again if i get time and as well update the post...dont wrry

But in your siggy it says :

Intel E8400 @ 4.10GHz :8||Thor's Hammer|| Biostar TPower I45 || 4GB CorsairXMS2 DDR2 || GeCube HD4850CF || 1230GB || ASUS Lightscribe || Corsair TX750|| Thermaltake Armour+ MX || BenQ E2200HD||

Was it stable @ 4.3Ghz when you OCed e8400 @ 4.3Ghz ? If yes why you have put it to 4.1Ghz ? :confused:

If you are using a e7400 now why you are still using e8400 @ 4.1Ghz in your suiggy :confused:

BTW, can you use photoshop or any other image editing tools and crop the image you posted on 1st page ?
Posted again:
Delted my posts guys. obsessed with single offtopic post,eh?

@topgear,I don't have any opportunity to overclock mine. So.. i will keep away from this.

The reason i have posted my PSU query in here is because desiibond is here. And you can tell me you can pm desiibond.. but as i am posting my bullshiti... have included my query also right up there. i thought that making a separate thread for 5-6 answer won't be good. :). To your kind attention there are many offtopic posts in this thread. I don't want to point them out :))

Who Knows - but in the future you may do OC :p

Your psu query was related with gfx card and cpu. You could ask that in
All Graphics Cards related queries here thread - it's a very active one and desibond is also there too

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ desiibond - yup, That's enough

@ hellknight- sis sandra cpu benchmark is good but is not best to determine the stability of OCed cpu. You should have used Prime95, orthos, superpi32M, wprime1024M or OCCT. If you jhave the time do test your CPU @ 3.6Ghz with any of the above cpu test app and post the pic. BTW, I've listed your's as stable :p

thunder.02dragon

Journeyman

But in your siggy it says :

Was it stable @ 4.3Ghz when you OCed e8400 @ 4.3Ghz ? If yes why you have put it to 4.1Ghz ? :confused:

If you are using a e7400 now why you are still using e8400 @ 4.1Ghz in your suiggy :confused:

BTW, can you use photoshop or any other image editing tools and crop the image you posted on 1st page ?
I was using the E7400 before then I switched to E8400 :D

That 4.10 Was before the 4.3GHz brother so put up the siggy, not every time I want to update lol.. 4.3GHz was stable and as my data are deleted by formatting I cant do the same..you can remove my post as whenever I will get it again with other data I will Update..
Check every forum my this score is almost everywhere...did posted on TE too but some how my old score was rewritten....
For the 24x7 OC... I dont keep this OC every time.... 1-3days even 5-6 hours I OC as the electricity is not good here too much cut off and my 600VA is not good for my rig with TX750 so fear of getting f*****
I mainly use stock speeds...right now its stock...
AS INTEL DOES NOT GIVE WARRANTY OF THE OVERCLOCKED PROCESSORS
Why risking valuable things...
OC is fun and I love to do but cant afford these cost again and again

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^

You cannot support a TX750 using a 600VA ups. I had an APC 600VA APC it would not support my TX650 during load. Get a 1.1KVA.

Nor do motherboard / RAM / GPU manufactures. Its all on 'ones own risk'.

Topgear....I would suggest to post a disclaimer on the first POST...a small warning about overclocking. I am sure..people are going to come in here...read our post..and start to OC. There are many factors to consider before starting OC.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

@ asigh

wat is maximum increase of FSB in the AMD 790GX chipset its noted as 200 its not going above 220 , i am getting BSOD ??

wat to do

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

decrease FSB a bit, increase multiplier, decrease DRAM frequency. That may do.

if you are getting BSOD, that means that it's not a stable OC.

amitash

Intel OCer

AS INTEL DOES NOT GIVE WARRANTY OF THE OVERCLOCKED PROCESSORS

To hell with intels warranty...Ive burnt a few procys by ocing and the dealers here in india neva notice if its OC's or not...you will still get a replacement

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

@ asigh

wat is maximum increase of FSB in the AMD 790GX chipset its noted as 200 its not going above 220 , i am getting BSOD ??

wat to do

Work on one parameter at a time.

1. Bring you RAM back to default. (JEDEC 1)
2. Put your vCore at 1.4
3. Increase your FSB and multiplier so CPU speed goes up by 200 MHz.
4. Run for stability.
5. Lower vCore

Keep doing 3 and 4 till you reach a stable point, then slowly lower your vCore and again test for stability.

Basically you have to play with FSB + multiplier + vCore till you hit the most stable setting with good temperatures...

THEN

...bring your RAM timings and voltages to EPP.
...start to increase the DRAM frequency slowly..and check for stability.

decrease FSB a bit, increase multiplier, decrease DRAM frequency. That may do.

if you are getting BSOD, that means that it's not a stable OC.

True..but due to many factors....

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/47684_ylkeh/ScreenShot012.jpg

Some fun I had while testing my 720BE Tri Core :-D
This is my worst AM3 CPU amongst all :-(

Btw, check the memory timings and speed.Not bad for Value Ram is it ? ;-)

CPU: Phenom II 720BE
speed: 5.3GHz
Vcore set in bios : 1.875V
Cooler : Custom Copper LN2 container

Motherboard : Gigabyte 790FXT UD5P
Chipset : ATI 790FX
Bios Version : F6

Ram : Crucial Value Ram DDR3 1333 CL9
Latency : 6-6-6-18
Volt ( set in bios ) : 1.9V
Posted again:
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/45721_wwl2o/4G_Pi_32M.jpg

CPU: Phenom II 955BE
speed: 4.0GHz
Vcore set in bios : 1.46V
Cooler : TRUE + 2 x 120MM Fans

Motherboard : Asus M4A79T Deluxe
Chipset : ATI 790FX
Bios Version : 1303

Ram : Crucial Value Ram DDR3 1333 CL9
Latency : 7-6-6-16
Volt ( set in bios ) : 1.8V
Posted again:
Some more to follow soon :)
Posted again:
Some more to follow soon :)

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^

That is huge...5.3 Ghz, with a lot of volts going into the chips. Is that LN2 container..full or empty...cannot make out.

Anyways..its doing a great cooling job.

Timings look good compared to the standard 7-7-7-24.

By the way..I see a lot of people using Super PI...here. Does it really stress the CPU well...does it also stress the RAM..?

darklord

Cyborg Agent

^^

That is huge...5.3 Ghz, with a lot of volts going into the chips. Is that LN2 container..full or empty...cannot make out.

Anyways..its doing a great cooling job.

Timings look good compared to the standard 7-7-7-24.

By the way..I see a lot of people using Super PI...here. Does it really stress the CPU well...does it also stress the RAM..?

Yes its a custom made full copper LN2 container.
Lol that Ram is rated at 1333MHz 9-9-9-24. While here it is doing 1600 6-6-6-18.
Try doing that on cheapo DDR3 kits and see what happens ;-)

Top Bottom