CPU Overclock List & Discussion Thread

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
re: Overclock List & Discussion Thread

Sorry to interrupt but whats the point in posting overclocks in this format ? If you want to gather info about clocks by people which are 24x7 capable then it makes sense if you make it mandatory to include a screenshot where in cpu-z, SuperPi32M/Wprime 1024M / Prime 95 for 30 Mins run should be included then only this thread would prove useful.

This is just my personal opinion though.

Theres nothing to be sorry :p

You have got a suggestion and you posted it :p

At first I thought that I would made it mandatory to post a orthos, prime95
1 hour test along with a cpu-z screenshot to list some stable oc. But I abandoned that idea coz I have seen instances where people can run prime95 4 hour test without prob but it fails in normal tasks like installing app or the OS due to OC.

I believe all the OC's posted so far in this thread are stable but I'll make it mandatory add a cpu stress test app screenshot along with a cpu-z screenshot & only then I will mark it as stable.

OC is alos a bit off show off thing thing as you know coz you reached 6.1Ghz on Phenom II X2 550 but your posts have only screenshots of running spuerpi 32M @ 5.8Ghz ? One of your comment :

I dont do all this to run Prime man :p Its purely for benchmarking.
Next time I take it sub zero I will try to run those crysis benchmarks

Many people love to show how far they can reach with their config but when it comes to stability it a different thing altogether so from now on I have decided to mark only those OC's as stable which osts have a cpu stress test app screenshot along with a cpu-z screenshot

BTW, in your AMD Phenom II X2 550 OC thread what speed I should take as stable ? Is it 5875MHz ( super pi 32M test ) ? or wPrime 1024M @ 5223MHz ( wPrime 1024M Test ) ? :confused:

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Thanks a lot, topgear, for starting this thread. I am relatively new to OCing and I am sure I shall learn a lot from this thread.

BTW amitash's rig seems pretty close to mine, down to even the mobo! I guess I can learn directly from his experience in OCing. Am I lucky or what!

Thanks for your appreciation :p

@ asigh - Nice OC with that Hyper 212 :p

@ to all - - do edit your posts and add some cpu stress test screen shot along with a cpu-z screen shot

@ thunder.02dragon - The OC you posted - is it stable ( I am assuming so )? If it is please post the screen shot defined above or in the 1st post rule 2 :p

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

@ Asigh

PLZ Use the PUSH PULL , Get another fan for HYPER 212

Thats cool man , BTW i think u never care about ur Processor or Mobo , thats massive FSB increase . Dont get ur Mobo fried !! :))

I cant wait to get some coolers , soon i ll be moving to bangalore then i do Special OCing

@ thunder.02dragon

There is no big difference between TRUE 120 / hyper 212 / thorhammer !! all comes under up to 5deg difference !

thunder.02dragon

Journeyman

Nops Buddy my IDle has huge diff than yours I think..so do load as on heavy gaming it reached only 48degree but ont long OCCT it was 58deg... on E7400

@topgear
Sorry Buddy I have changed my proccy of E7400 so cant post the results more
E8400 @ 4.3GHz was long before mate dont get tym now and during format occt results got del ;(
Damn....
However will try again if i get time and as well update the post...dont wrry

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^ LOL MAN
58degreee :O
On load
62-64:O on CM690 :O
Man you gotta Kiddn me..thats Pretty High

How these are 800MHz they Should Be running on 1066MHz By default
Somethings not good seems

However When I did OC on My E7400 before @ 3.98GHz
Idle was 31-33degree only and on load after 1.5hrs OCCT it max crossed 58degree which is near to your Idle,....

Man that's My Xigmatek's Thor's Hammer
Beware of that Hyper 212 Man

Where did you see that the CPU is idling at 58C. That CPUID image is with GPUs under stress..(running OCCT)so of course the CPU will be used too. That is an ideal game condition. So during synthetic tests..I hit around 67C-68C during load, and via gaming..it stays under 60C. My idle is a cool 39-40C. I think the Hyper 212 is great.

I have played games..and ran temperatur loggers..never even touched 65C. So I think I am in the save limit.

No ways do these memories run at 1066Mhz default. JEDEC #1 is 266Mhz = 532 Mhz and JEDEC # 2 is 400Mhz = 800 Mhz. Only the EPP (extended performance profile) is rated at 533 Mhz = 1066 Mhz with 5-5-5-15 timings at 2.1 volts. Memories cannot always run at the specified standards. I have seen people take them beyond 1066 Mhz. I am close to that limit. Need to play with the NB voltages.

@ Asigh

PLZ Use the PUSH PULL , Get another fan for HYPER 212

Thats cool man , BTW i think u never care about ur Processor or Mobo , thats massive FSB increase . Dont get ur Mobo fried !!

I cant wait to get some coolers , soon i ll be moving to bangalore then i do Special OCing

@ thunder.02dragon

There is no big difference between TRUE 120 / hyper 212 / thorhammer !! all comes under up to 5deg difference !

MOBO wont fry...seem to be in safe limits..temperatures..seem stable. The screenshots I pasted..I will never reach them during gaming (most stressfull situation), OCCT/FURMARK burn the hell out of hardware....!!!!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

As a safe rule guys:

1. Lets not make fun of others equipment and OC.
2. If we want we can diplomatically make a suggestion/give advice.
3. All OC should be supported by some screenshots/graphs.

I will be updating this thread with a 45min run of OCCT and some temperature logs while running Warhead all maxed out. Not being able to upload images to imageshack. :(

What I could suggest.

1. For CPU one can run OCCT and post the graphs which auto-generate.
2. For GPU one can run Furmark and monitor temperatures using any GPU temperature monitoring software (ATI CCC, ATI Tray tools, CPUID temperature monitor) and make screen shots. This stresses both GPUs if Xfire/SLI is enabled

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

Guys, please post thumbnails as the page is becoming bit odd in width.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

Tell me how much performance benefits i will get if i over clock my CPU which is stocked at 2.33GHZ. BTW, my cpu is C2Q Q8200.

amitash

Intel OCer

^All depends on what you want to do, how much your ready to OC too etc

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

@thunder.02dragon...if you could make your posted image small..it would make the thread width small..too...!

thunder.02dragon

Journeyman

@asigh
Got you buddy...Sorry fr that Pict actually I use FullHD monitor re thats y it come in full width so ddnt thought of it for all Sorry... will edit LOL...

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V

CPU : AMD Phenom II 720 BE
Revision : RB-C2
FSB X Multiplier : 18 x 200 (14 x 200)
Vcore Under Load :1.440 (1.1V)
Vcore at idle status in windows : 1.024
Vcore set in bios :1.0 V (i think, will have to confirm:razz:)
Cooler : Standard
Overclocked Frequency : 3.6 GHz (2.8 normal)
Additional notes If any : These figures are when i overclocked (see screenshot)

Motherboard : Biostar TA 790GX BE
Chipset : AMD 790 GX
Bios Version : 080014 (American Megatrends)
Additional notes if any :

Ram : Kingston DDR2 @ 800 MHz (2 GB module)
Latency : 6-6-6-18
Volt ( set in bios ) : 1 V (according to AMD Overdrive)

Screenshot along with benchmark, stable enough
*img98.imageshack.us/img98/7366/arith36e.th.jpg

Cropped CPU-Z screenshot from the same image
*img199.imageshack.us/img199/9144/cpuzc.th.jpg

Sorry guys, still on onboard graphics card.. will get a new one around Diwali I guess :p

Last edited:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V

yaar.. that overclocking was about a month ago.. forgot to take screenshot of temperature.. but i remember the temperature was around 45 Degrees Celcius..

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

If u have time now , will u post ur temp with CPU-Zhardware monitor with the stock temp . just for my clarification dude , sorry to bother i want to know that phenom 2 sensors are faulty thats y ??

Can u ??

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

*img529.imageshack.us/img529/9989/10570600.th.png

*img23.imageshack.us/img23/1987/63199553.th.png

CPU: Athlon X2 7750BE
Revision: DR-B3
FSB: 200
Multiplier: 15.5x (13.5x)
speed: 3.1GHz (2.7GHz)
Vcore Under Load : 1.312
Vcore at idle status in windows : 1.312
Vcore set in bios : 1.312
Cooler : stock cooler
Additional notes If any :

Motherboard : GA-MA78GM-US2H
Chipset : ATI 780G
Bios Version : F2

Ram : Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800MHz
Latency : 5-5-5-18
Volt ( set in bios ) : 1.8V

Graphic Card : Sapphire Radeon HD4770
GPU Clock: 800MHz (750MHz)
Shader : 640 Unified Shaders
Mem : 512MB GDDR5 clocked to 820MHz from 800MHz
Additional notes if any : not yet tested GPU for stability. will update soon.

Last edited:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V

Sorry for late response...
Was watching The Pink Panther Original Series :p

Here you go

*img142.imageshack.us/img142/4900/tempk.th.png

@desiibond.. skins.be k gande-gande wallpaper dekhta hai.. gande ladke :D :D .. can you please tell me where to find that wallpaper on your screen..

BTW.. Sophie Howard's wallpaper is also nice :D use that for the next screenshot :p

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V

BTW.. i think that sensors detect wrong temperature.. Linux detects different.. software 1 different etc etc.. what did you want to know?

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ vamsikrishna919 - don't post offtopic contents in here. You just overloaded this page with those unnecessary screenshots. Remove that post. If you have OCed your cpu or has some query related OC then you are welcome to post in here.

For Overheating Prob post your Quesries in here : ( It's sticky Thread )
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29033

For Your PSU Related Query make a separate thread.

Keep the Forum and Thread Clean

Top Bottom