Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Pafex(FedEx)

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • EMS Speedpost

Votes: 21 14.4%

• Total voters

d3p

PowerHouse
Professional Courier - the worst, I've ever seen. Bought some stuff from ebay, the seller shipped the item on 26th Apr, the item reached Delhi on 28th Apr, and was delivered to me on 4th May, while the package was to be delivered by 3rd May. On 4th morning, I initiated a refund request, and possibly due to that, when the seller bashed them, they delivered it to me on 4th. When I inquired from the guy about the delay, he said - "Sir woh ladke nahi hain". WTH? How are these people operating then?

Professional couriers lack Professionalism.

kartikoli

Busy!!
Professional Courier - the worst, I've ever seen. Bought some stuff from ebay, the seller shipped the item on 26th Apr, the item reached Delhi on 28th Apr, and was delivered to me on 4th May, while the package was to be delivered by 3rd May. On 4th morning, I initiated a refund request, and possibly due to that, when the seller bashed them, they delivered it to me on 4th. When I inquired from the guy about the delay, he said - "Sir woh ladke nahi hain". WTH? How are these people operating then?

totally opposite in my case ... sold a laptop and send through there premium service (insured) and flat delivery on 3rd day also used normal service for bag and it was delivered on 4th day
grt service

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
looks like it depends on the place but still pros should do things like pros ;-) anwya, I'm thinking about adding First Flight and one more courier into the poll list, what say ?

nginx

In the zone
It certainly does depend on place. Often times its the local guy of a particular delivery center who has lax attitude and that can lead to bad experience. Parcels may languish in the office for days and nobody will notice because they are not focused on the job. A single weak link in the delivery chain can ruin the experience.

Sometimes the delivery guy never attempts to find the customer address but still goes back to office and reports that customer was not at home. This happened to me a few times. One delivery guy even admitted to me that they do this sometimes because its a tiring job to find so many new addresses day in day out under the hot sun. They also have a tight schedule to follow. I can certainly sympathize with them on that front, not an easy job for sure but when it comes to our parcels, all excuses go out of the window and we want it all costs lol :D

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
It certainly does depend on place. Often times its the local guy of a particular delivery center who has lax attitude and that can lead to bad experience. Parcels may languish in the office for days and nobody will notice because they are not focused on the job. A single weak link in the delivery chain can ruin the experience.

Sometimes the delivery guy never attempts to find the customer address but still goes back to office and reports that customer was not at home. This happened to me a few times. One delivery guy even admitted to me that they do this sometimes because its a tiring job to find so many new addresses day in day out under the hot sun. They also have a tight schedule to follow. I can certainly sympathize with them on that front, not an easy job for sure but when it comes to our parcels, all excuses go out of the window and we want it all costs lol :D
That definitely is a hard job, but, then, they have opted in for that job, knowing all the pros and cons of the job. That way, being a tough job, doesn't fit as an excuse for the lax attitude.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

the courier companies should seriously think over this I mean give their delivery personnel more time to deliver products .

Vishw

Journeyman
Bad experience with India Post. Ordered a Superfan from Coimbatore, they shipped it via India Post on 11th May. On the morning of 14th, I received a call saying 'your parcel is here, pick it up'. So I spent 40 bucks for auto, brought it home & found out that it was damaged. So I complained to seller & they shipped a new fan on 16th. After hearing nothing from India Post till 22nd, I asked seller to follow up on it. They took the issue to the highest authority there & assured me that the product will be delivered soon. 2 days later [today] a guy showed up at my door, empty handed, telling me the same thing again 'your parcel is arrived at the office, pick it up.' :banghead: I asked him why he came all the way just to tell me that? Why not bring along the package or simply call? He said he only came because he was in the neighborhood & they only deliver small size packages. So now, either I have to pick it up myself, again or pay him the auto fare, when he delivers it on Monday, which means another 3 days delay. :banghead: Also their tracking is pretty much useless. Whenever I tried it, all I got was "Consignment details not found"

Till now I've ordered around 30 products online, from all over India & one from Hong Kong & everything was delivered safe & sound to my doorstep within a week from various courier services, except this time.

Anyway, now I have to ship the damaged fan back to Coimbatore, so which service should I use? Fan weight is 5kg.

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ Ask the seller to workout the pickup. It's not your fault that you got a faulty/damaged product, thus, ideally you shouldn't pay for that shipping back.

Vishw

Journeyman
^ Seller is gonna pay me back the shipping amount + the auto fare! When the new fan arrives, I'm to use the same box for packaging the damaged fan & ship it back to them.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
only the good two I can recommend is DTDC or Blue Dart but like I said before sometime it depends on the place you're living .. so get feedback from some local people about which courier is good in your area or if you had nice experience with any courier you dealt before.

Vishw

Journeyman
Thanks guys! I've never couriered or shipped anything before, only received stuff! :D So any tips or tricks I should know about? Like if I'm only sending damaged product back, what should I write on the label? I checked the Fedex website, they're asking for invoice value & carriage value, does that affect the charging? What's 'Freight on value'?

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ You should take care of packaging. Try doing the packaging with some bubble wraps around the article you're sending. Also, do mention "FRAGILE" on the box itself, if it box contains some delicate article. For sending a damaged product back, you should pack the product with all original contents of the package. You'll be informed about how to ship the product back. As for the invoice or article value is concerned, that, IMO, is required for the article insurance, in case, your article gets damaged or lost in transit, the courier company will pay you according to your declared value, and this does affect the charge.

Vishw

Journeyman
Damn India Post! Even after offering to pay auto fare, nobody turned up! :-x Seems like I'll have to spend another 40 bucks to go & get it myself. I just hope it's in safe condition.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
DTDC is voted the most vfm. :lol:

Their site does not open so that I can track my orders. When I call them, no one picks up. By luck if someone pick, says please hold for 1 minute and gone. That one minute never ends, and I have to cut the call after waiting for 10-15 minutes.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
DTDC, Aramex and BlueDart .. the websites of these couriers do not offer updated tracking infos.

Vishw

Journeyman
Finally, India Post delivered my product. I don't know what seller did this time, but it worked, two guys came in the evening with the parcel. One of them looked visibly pissed at me & just kept staring at me without saying a word! Other one was all friendly! Whatever, I'm just happy that I finally received the parcel & it was undamaged. :)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I'm supposed to receive a parcel by India Post. The last update shows the item to be delivered. On a Saturday. After 2 PM. :|

*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/indiapost_zps85941163.png

Should I wait till Monday?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bumping up this thread after a long time and sharing some interesting and new courier's names :

1. The Oxford International : Came to know about this when one of my ebay order shipped through them. The tracking number provided always showed does not exists on the website. But at last go the product delivered without too much hassle. If you see your product shipped by them don't forget to call the seller if you don't get the rpoduct by delivery date. E-mailing the courier company is of no use.

2. Flyking : Never heard of it before but product got delivered and the tracking also works.

3. Velex : Delivery time is on par with Bluedart / Aramex so it's good . Tracking also works.

4. Gati : Tooo Slooow.

5. Fedex : Pretty good.

6. DTDC : Good. Nothing much to write about.

7. Aramex : It's improved a lot lately though had a funny event where product came to my home town and then gone back to seller and then came back again. Had to call their CC.

8. Gojavas : Pretty good.

9. Bluedart : Mixed bag. Prepaid order gets delivered but COD ones takes long time for delivery.

10. Indiapost : Though a little late and tracking details are not updated instantly got my 3 packages delivered by them.

Top Bottom