Corsair Force 3 or Force GT

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Guys will the Force 3 is better for regular computing. I dont want to move heavy files frequently Just wanted to boost the PC usage on heavy applications.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Ya i was shocked to see Synchronous ram and Asynchronus ram. I was wondering a long long time ago these tech i learnt . As synchronous is superior in most cases and costly to build as CMOS memory kind of quality.

But i had read in a forum which conclude that if you are transfering large files ie Uncompressible data like videos, music, pictures then GT is much prefered as 150 percentage increase in the speed compared to force 3 but if its compressible data like regular files then force 3 almost performes same as force gt.

I will not use much of file transfers here. My ultimate use is to boost the pc boot up. I currently having close to 3 min for boot up and sometime more.

i have to use hibernate and it sometimes wont work as app refuses to work always.

In this scenario SSD is almost easy startup and shutdown. As well 65 app bench mark in startup in less than 2 min is amazing.

I wish to have fastest ssd but not wish to pay a hefty premium for the same.

Let me know Alignment issues. I am completely not sure whats the alignment for ssd means actually.

i am planning to restore a system image as i dont wanted to start from the beginning.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alignment = File system's first block starting exactly from a new SSD page.

*i.imgur.com/GMxwb.png
I/O will be spanned across two pages and performance would get affected.

*i.imgur.com/7QBT8.png
I/O is spanned only across one page.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
So can i format using windows in NTFS and then restore or installing will create 2 partion c: for os and D: for reserved.

Let me know which way i can get proper alignment

Hi ICO let me know the right and easiest way to align

i have the following HDD structure.

E:25gb (200gb unformated green) C:76 GB(os drive win 64 bit) Other 130gb unused(Black)

In order to reduce the restore image size down to 100gb i had deleted the other partitions

This way my total restore would be less than 100gb. Rest is enough for other usage.

The above is the exact structure of my HDD

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I tried restoring from HDD to my new disk . But the restore failed to do so. I installed windows on that would that be a problem. As its win professional and my restore is Ultimate. But the restore size is 100 gb only.

I was successful in transforming OS from HDD to SSD using Paragon os to SSD software. Not sure if it uses bit by bit copy but it happened in 15 min lively. Just c: drive so that i can have rest use for other apps. The performance of the SSD is really awesome. Apps running in jet speed. Hope it stay long enough atleast 3 years down the line.

Paragon Paragon Migrate OS to SSD - Overview

It finally worked in less than 15 min while in windows with this magic software. I suggest every one to give a try. it amazing fast and fool proof.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I got the exact difference but by then i got the Force 3 Series,

But i had seen a review which clearly mentioned if you are going for heavy file transfer then Force 3 should be fine as Force 3 cant handle incompressible files as easily due to the way Asynchronous Memory works.

Anyway already connected to my desk and it started like a jet . Still certain software caching might be required as i had migrated the os to SSD.

But still i can feel the real difference. Its fast .

One thing how to see the stata port status i cant see in device manger.

Do i need to really upgrade the Firmware to 1.33 as many complained that it caused BSOD issue.

What actually BSOD issue is of ?

I had one time Blue screen when i was trying to use ASUS usb 3.0 boost the driver installation caused this to happen . As far as other apps it work like a charm.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I bought 120gb Version As my current os is consuming 65GB aproximately

Almost all apps are installed in C:

Top Bottom