convert mp4 to playable dvd format

kamal_saran

android lover
hey guys . . . I have a problem. . I have a video file in mp4 format . Now i want to convert it into a format that can run on a generic local dvd player. Please tell me codec in which i have to convert file or give software's name by which i can convert it. Please guys give feedback. Thanx in advance :)

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Well, even if your DVD player is local and generic.. if its not too old, it should support .avi ie. Divx etc. , try converting it DIVX, you can do it through "SUPER" which is frontend for windows for very capable linux mencoder.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
as ricky said, most DVD players nowadays support divx and mpeg and can play them through a data disc. or you can use DVDstyler to create a video DVD to run on any DVD player

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thread name changed !

@ OP - you want to make video DVD / CDs or those DVD players of your support Divx ??

BTW, try the free version of this ;-)
Sothink Movie DVD Maker: Free DVD Maker, Video to DVD Creator

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Is it like Nero Vision?? If yes, thanks a lot, I was looking an alternative for that bloatware from many days :)

OP
K

kamal_saran

android lover
thanks topgear for changing title. . :) i just want to convert a mp4 video and burn on dvd to play on dvd player. Btw that dvd player of mine is 3 year old. :)

sygeek

Technomancer
Just noticed that "Video Converter Pro" (Free) can convert video files into almost all of the formats even DivX/VOB.

@OP: Try the above software :).

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Just noticed that "Video Converter Pro" (Free) can convert video files into almost all of the formats even DivX/VOB.

@OP: Try the above software :).

I Don't think that will give a non-standalone support with the necessary files and VIDEO_TS folder !!

thanks topgear for changing title. . :) i just want to convert a mp4 video and burn on dvd to play on dvd player. Btw that dvd player of mine is 3 year old. :)

It Doesn't bother how old :oops:
Mine is 4.5 yrs old and supports DivX and i mean XviD
Check whether in your DVD player it has written 'DivX' :idea:
If it says so then there is a better chance for Quality !

If not

For best Compatibility use ConvertXtoDVD - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads

(shareware)

or use an alternative !

It will work llike charm
I have mass experience in this field !

PM me for software details !

sygeek

Technomancer
I Don't think that will give a non-standalone support with the necessary files and VIDEO_TS folder !!
Man, I'm not good with these video converting encoding/decoding stuff. But, if the software can convert into that format, it probably shouldn't miss anything with support. I still say the OP should try it.

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
Since your is old and don't know what will play I suggest converting video into .avi with mpeg4 codec then write them on DVD as data files, A friend of mine had an old dvd player (4yrs) with similar problem and I did it for him which worked flawlessly. You can give it a try.

Top Bottom