Computer not turning on ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Guys , This is the First Problem After Building My New Rig . I was Playing Games and Turned the pc off. Went out 2 to 3 Days and turned it on . But Within a Fraction of a second it Shut Downs . First time it went till the welcome Screen and then it shut down.
Pls Help Guys .

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Maybe you can try taking the whole thing apart and then cleaning it and re-assembling it.

You may also want to look at your PSU.

The last time my PC got a power failure, the PSU had fried cockroaches in it.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
No idea. There were only skeletons, when I finally decided to open up the PSU, don't have a PC ever since :(

OP
Sainatarajan

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Guys , now I am hearing beep sounds . The pattern is 2 * 2 beeps . No Display . All Fans turn on when I Press the On Button in the cabbie. And After 2 to 3 Seconds it Turns Off . I think the Problem is not with the PSU ......
The Light Inside is turning on and the Fan is Running inside the PSU.......

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Are you sure that PSU is not to blame?

For my PC (old Pentium 4), when the PSU was gone, it would make beeps, go till mother-board splash screen (where you can press a key to get into BIOS), and then it would turn off, but the light of the cabinet showing power would be still on...

OP
Sainatarajan

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
I dont think the Corsair PSU will Blow so Soon.

Will Check in my bros pc and update.

Will Check in my bros pc and update.

Guys The PSU is in Good Condition .
Will the Culprit be the Motherboard ???

aaruni

The Linux Guy
I have been reading, and just found out that you can diagnose your computer with the beeps it is emitting.

But, it depends on your BIOS. So, mind telling your BIOS ?

koolent

Youngling
The beep pattern is in . And - the long beeps are - and the short one s are -. Search on google alongwith your BIOS and you will get the problem.

However, take the DIMMs out and clean your Slots thoroughly wiht a brush and try again.

The beep pattern is in . And - the long beeps are - and the short one s are -. Search on google alongwith your BIOS and you will get the problem.

However, take the DIMMs out and clean your Slots thoroughly wiht a brush and try again.

Neo

A simple Google could have solved your problem. -_-

Two beeps means there is no video
detected.
If using an add-in graphics card, reseat the card.
Verify the monitor is plugged into the onboard graphics connector on the back panel.

This is just a guess, since I do not know what BIOS you have.
If the problem is still not solved, then tell us your BIOS manufacturer. (Use Google for how-to)

aaruni

The Linux Guy
check out this online manual for your BIOS : *downloadmirror.intel.com/19487/eng/DH67GD_DH67BL_TechProdSpec03.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom