Computer directly shuts down

BEST OS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nseries73

Journeyman
Every time I try to play a game on my PC (like BATTLEFIELD 3, FIFA 12, etc) or on the net via FACEBOOK, such as zynga games like POKER, FARMVILLE, etc my computer every time shuts down abruptly. Also when I put my computer for full scan with KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY 2012 (1 yr subscription) then also it shuts down after a while. I have formatted my hard disc (only C drive) , changed my graphic card, switched slots, cleaned my cpu still it gives the same problem. Please help me in sorting out this problem as I am out of solutions.

PC CONFIG:
Processor - AMD PHENOM X4 945
Motherboard - MSI 790 GX-G65
RAM - 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
PSU - CORSAIR GS600W
Graphic card - on board , NVIDIA GEFORCE PALIT 460 SE, NVIDIA GEFORCE PALIT 560 (tried them all).

But this problem doesn't occurs when I listen to music or watch movies.

Please help me!!!!!!

Well it seemed to be a PSU problem but I changed it and didn't work too, facing the same problem.
Please suggest !!!!!!

VIDEO how pc crashes (monitored on AIDA64):

Pc crashes when sitting idle on bios (temperature increases and crashes):

Last edited:

chrisnor4518

Right off the assembly line
Yes, I have the same problem in my PC also. When I am trying to play a car racing game it ultimately shuts down.
What's are the solution for this problem please reply. Whether the viruses corrupted my pc or not ?

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Well this happened to me. But it only happened after I ran furmark and destroyed my new gpu and psu.
What is your psu? Cheap local brand one? Then most probably it is the fault.
If not,then still its most probably the psu dying. Try using another good power supply and see whether the same thing happens or not.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
or this could be a cpu overheating issue. anyway, Op need to tell us brand name and mdoel of the PSu he has and to his other query GTX 560 performs better than GTX 460 - so should be happy with what he has got.

OP
nseries73

nseries73

Journeyman
or this could be a cpu overheating issue. anyway, Op need to tell us brand name and mdoel of the PSu he has and to his other query GTX 560 performs better than GTX 460 - so should be happy with what he has got.

WELL I am using the ZEBRONICS Platinum grade 700W PSU. It's only been 2yrs since I bought it. But is the PSU problem also explains why my PC also shuts down when i put my PC for full virus scan with Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 ??

and to my other question you replied I was using the gtx 460 SE version, but this time they gave me only gtx 560.

OP
nseries73

nseries73

Journeyman
which PSU?

PSU model - ZEBRONICS PLATINUM GRADE 700W
well i regularly clean my cpu and accumulation dust should not be an issue, and with various I have also checked my CPU temperatures and they are well within the limits. Well the issue with PSU, does that also explains the reason why my PC shuts down when I put my PC for full virus scan with KIS 12. Though when I have run this tests on indv drives it has completed and has reported no virus problems.

Well it seems to be a PSU problem so please suggest me one, is CORSAIR GS600 enough or should I consider buying CORSAIR TX 650 W (it would cost me 1k more)

Please suggest !!!!!!

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Get Corsair GS600 @4.5K
If you can invest more, then getting TX650 is always the better solution.

doomgiver

Warframe
Why would he need such a powerful one. That is for Xfire. A 500W is fine.
true dat. none of the gpu's are power hogs . nice pic, btw :)also, I think the OS poll should be (re)moved?
PSU model - ZEBRONICS PLATINUM GRADE 700WWell it seems to be a PSU problem so please suggest me one, is CORSAIR GS600 enough or should I consider buying CORSAIR TX 650 W (it would cost me 1k more)Please suggest !!!!!!
there you are! using a crap psu. no wonder your computer is dying. get the GS600, if you want peace of mind (you dont need that much power, tho, unless you are using 2 gpu's at once)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
that Zebronics Platinum PSu has 35A rating for +12V rail s theoretically it should be enough for the config of Op - the config can't consume more than 350-370W under heavy load if not OCed anything - but as the PSU is mediocre at best tow years of usage must have dropped it's quality - so it can't deliver the required juice to the entire system anymore hence Op is facing the shutdown issue.

another possible test Op can perform : - run memtest86+ app tom test ram modules, over volting the ram module a little may also fix this and test the pc without any gfx card installed - one more thing is to check if the mobos vrms are all ok - if the mobo is under warranty he can send it for RMA but before doing that Op should performthe above mentioned tests.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Yes, would be enough. But as OP is insisting on buying GS600, I've suggested another alternative.

For the config OP have, a good 450Watt PSU like,
Corsair CX430V2
or
Corsair VS450 would suffice.

OP
nseries73

nseries73

Journeyman

U mean GS 500W will be enough, as my gpu is OC version I calculated my wattage and found it's maximum requirements would be around 400W, so considering 80% efficiency taking 500W would n't be a borderline case.??

OP
nseries73

nseries73

Journeyman
no. it won't. i have already said you to take CX500W or similar PSU of same wattage.

no. it won't. i have already said you to take CX500W or similar PSU of same wattage.

oh !!! yeah thnx, I am really getting confused with so many people's different views. Yeah u said cx or gs, while GS 500W and CX 500W both not available, so GS 600W, but that I think as everyone is saying will be a waste of money.

well some are suggesting ANTEC too, is that good ?? as they provide SWAP warranty (I don't know wat is d differnce between a swap and a normal warranty.)
Or should I stick to CORSAIR.
PLZ suggest, am totally confused now, and need to get it within a couple of days from the market.

Or may be I could look out in some more stores before getting GS 600W ??

OP
nseries73

nseries73

Journeyman
that zebronics platinum psu has 35a rating for +12v rail s theoretically it should be enough for the config of op - the config can't consume more than 350-370w under heavy load if not oced anything - but as the psu is mediocre at best tow years of usage must have dropped it's quality - so it can't deliver the required juice to the entire system anymore hence op is facing the shutdown issue.

Another possible test op can perform : - run memtest86+ app tom test ram modules, over volting the ram module a little may also fix this and test the pc without any gfx card installed - one more thing is to check if the mobos vrms are all ok - if the mobo is under warranty he can send it for rma but before doing that op should performthe above mentioned tests.

hey how to run this memtest??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i don't think you need to run memtest anymore but just for your knowledge. download the memtest.zip file from here. extract it and you'll get a image (img) file. burn it to a cd/dvd and boot with the disc (just like windows) and let it run for a few hours. any error will show up in the first hour itself or may even cause system to shutdown if PSU/ram is bad or corrupted.

Top Bottom