• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
nseries73

nseries73

Journeyman
Overheating unit, for sure.

hey, what to do in this case?? remedies

hey can u help me with getting such vids........really appreciate if u could help me with this...

lol @100 degrees.
get the heatsink repositioned with some good thermal paste. But before doing so, see some vids and make sure u can do it urself or get a professional assembler.

hey can u help me with getting such vids........really appreciate if u could help me with this...

holy ****, batman!!!

that is one purning broccy!!!!

get your cpu fan/heatsink checked asap!!!

hey wat should be the temperature ideally

icebags

Technomancer
hey, what to do in this case?? remedies
here, ur mobo is socket AM3, right ? this is how it's done. watch thoroughly, over and over. proceed carefully only if feeling confident.
after u put back all stuff together, watch cpu temp in bios for some time. it should be 40-50 probably (not sure about phenom, my old athlon used to idle @ 46 degrees). if its acceptable, boot to os and watch temp with something like "realtemp". if ok at idle, then go for medium load and full load testing.

how to put thermal grease : u may ignore the big bulky cooler and think about the stock cooler u have.

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
temps of 50-60 are "normal" for your cpu. 100 C is definitely dangerous.

checklist :
> is your fan working?
> is it making any weird noise? like the fan is catching or striking something?
> what is the fan RPM? if you have the stock heatsink+fan, it should be something like 4000-6000 rpm

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - apart from the cpu temp every other values are normal - even cpu fan running at 5k+rpm can't keep the cpu cool .. asall other suggested remount the cpu heatsink proeprly with some god TiM like CM TF400, Noctua NT-H1, DC Z5 ~ costing around 500 bucks or better buy a new CM Hyper 212 Evo @ 2.2k.

OP
nseries73

nseries73

Journeyman
@ OP - apart from the cpu temp every other values are normal - even cpu fan running at 5k+rpm can't keep the cpu cool .. asall other suggested remount the cpu heatsink proeprly with some god TiM like CM TF400, Noctua NT-H1, DC Z5 ~ costing around 500 bucks or better buy a new CM Hyper 212 Evo @ 2.2k.

here take a look at this video, as I started full pc scan with KIS and it crashed , monitored on AIDA64 software:

Here is the video when on BIOS the temperature increases and pc crashes:

Do I need to get a heat sink, suggest me a reasonable priced model, if from kolkata suggest me a shop too.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
get Cm Hyper 212 Evo from MD computers - price is around ~2.2k or for some thing cheaper CM Hyper TX3 @ ~1.45k.

icebags

Technomancer
it's not normal to have such hot temperature at bios. first get the stock cooler repositioned properly if it does not go back to normal temps, then either the proccy or the mobo has problem.
in that case u will have to check it out with another cpu/mobo and get the faulty part serviced.

well, have you restored "default" settings in bios yet ? do that too.

Last edited:
OP
nseries73

nseries73

Journeyman
it's not normal to have such hot temperature at bios. first get the stock cooler repositioned properly if it does not go back to normal temps, then either the proccy or the mobo has problem.
in that case u will have to check it out with another cpu/mobo and get the faulty part serviced.

well, have you restored "default" settings in bios yet ? do that too.

well I did both the task u asked me to do, but result isn't any different. I restored the "fail-safe default" settings in the bios. But this are still isn't working.
Did you see the vids I posted, the motherboard and GPU temp are both OK, but only the CPU core temperatures are rising !!!!
So what do I do now, get a heat sink or first get my proccy & mobo checked at the service center.
Do you how long do these things are under warranty??

get Cm Hyper 212 Evo from MD computers - price is around ~2.2k or for some thing cheaper CM Hyper TX3 @ ~1.45k.

what are the warranty for this heat sinks??

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
^^ ok, good. now open ur side cover of cabby, switch on comp, go to bios. when tempo shows 100+ degrees, take ur finger near the cpu heat sink (BE CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH ANYTHING OR THE HEAT SINK). u know how hot it feels near boiling water, right?
check that, if its not as hot, then censors of cpu is bad, otherwise it could be either mobo or cpu fault. go to the shop where u bought these stuff from and ask if they give maintenance service, or go to gc avenue and esquire the same at sabu/eastern logica/technocrat or other shops.
take the proccy+mobo+ram set to them and have them checked. then u will have to send the faulty part for servicing. proccy come with 3 yrs warranty, so do most motherboards. how old is ur system ?

its basically hardware fault, because stock coolers can handle any processors pretty well unless overclocked. but having a big cooler is always a good investment if u run system continuously for longer time (days) and under medium or heavy load.

Last edited:
OP
nseries73

nseries73

Journeyman
^^ ok, good. now open ur side cover of cabby, switch on comp, go to bios. when tempo shows 100+ degrees, take ur finger near the cpu heat sink (BE CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH ANYTHING OR THE HEAT SINK). u know how hot it feels near boiling water, right?
check that, if its not as hot, then censors of cpu is bad, otherwise it could be either mobo or cpu fault. go to the shop where u bought these stuff from and ask if they give maintenance service, or go to gc avenue and esquire the same at sabu/eastern logica/technocrat or other shops.
take the proccy+mobo+ram set to them and have them checked. then u will have to send the faulty part for servicing. proccy come with 3 yrs warranty, so do most motherboards. how old is ur system ?

its basically hardware fault, because stock coolers can handle any processors pretty well unless overclocked. but having a big cooler is always a good investment if u run system continuously for longer time (days) and under medium or heavy load.

well, yeah I run my system pretty all day long. and my pc is 2yrs, 8 mths old.
And the manual temperature check u asked me to do, well that isn't working gr8 u know, because as soon as it touches 100c it isn't holding up, just shutsdown. though its pretty hot near may be 60-70c for sure, may be more!!!!

OP
nseries73

nseries73

Journeyman
^^ take it for checkup, it's still covered by warranty.

well, do I need to go to the shop were I bought from, or to the service center directly, because I don't know the address of either of the service centers, if u happen to know the address can u plz type it down here plz.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
CM Hyper 212 Evo comes with 1yr warranty and just call the shop ( actually any Big pc peripheral shop ) - they know the most recent address of service centers.

OP
nseries73

nseries73

Journeyman
CM Hyper 212 Evo comes with 1yr warranty and just call the shop ( actually any Big pc peripheral shop ) - they know the most recent address of service centers.

CM Hyper 212 Evo costs way too much, isn't there anything that may cost me some less buck, am real tight on the pocket.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
CM 212 evo is tried and tested. It might cost your a bit extra now, but it will take care of the temp problem for a long time to come.

Read the posts carefully. Most alternatives have already been suggested.

If price is an issue, good TIM < CM TX3 < CM Hyper 212 Evo.
( CM TX3 and 212 Evo come with TIM. )

scudmissile007

Confusingly Confused!
^if you know an pc assembler ask him to reapply your processor with new thermal paste,if the problem continues then its an hardware problem. Noneed to buy an aftermarket cooler if you are not overclocking.
hope this helps.:)

OP
nseries73

nseries73

Journeyman
^if you know an pc assembler ask him to reapply your processor with new thermal paste,if the problem continues then its an hardware problem. Noneed to buy an aftermarket cooler if you are not overclocking.
hope this helps.:)
Thanks for the tip buddy, much appreciated :)

Top Bottom