Choosing a lapi

sbsignin

Right off the assembly line
Hi, please help me in selection of my first laptop. I want a light wt.(~ 2kg I have to take it out with me occupationally not daily like those IT guys ) speedy (i3 or i5 more is merrier) with HDMI (must to see movies on my tv.Mac dont have one but converter dongle may be found in the market I hope) USB3, Dedicated Graphics will be considered as value addition I will do some office work with Microsoft pp excel and word and IE (my company server does not support other browser so my first choice should be out of question but only if dual boot config is possible) occasional gaming(mostly AOE,MOH and CW) I done some research of my own and come to following last 5
1)MacBook Pro 13"(MD313LL/A) (Rs 62900/-EBAY)
2)Sony S Series : VAIO VPCSB25FG (Rs 46000/-MKT)
3)Dell Vostro V131(Rs 38900/-COMP.SITE)
4)Samsung NP300V4A-A06IN (Rs 27000/-MKT)
5)Lenovo IdeaPad Z370 (Rs 32900/-MKT)
As you can see they vary largely on price. and I put them as per my preference and understanding. Please advice with your expertise which one should I choose mac? or sony which is less in price in comparison and hopefully may give better performance. or the durable dell or very basic samsung series 3/Lenovo the keyboard champ.

aroraanant

Explorer
Lenovo laptops sucks these days.So I think you should scrap it out from your list.
If you don't have a budget problem then don't think much and go for Macbook pro and try if you can get it from US,from there you can easily get it for 60k or less

susancts

Broken In
I think you should go for Sony Vaio VPCSB25FGB. At 13.3" and 1.72 Kg it is easily portable. It includes dedicated video memory, 500 GB Hard Drive and is LED back-lit. Could be a better choice than the rest of the laptops you have listed.

red dragon

Master troll
MBP 13.If you are okay with the price(I have no idea about gaming in it though).
Using a 2 year old MBP 13,last restarted more than 3 months ago(after an update),still gives a back up of of 5-6 hrs and as fast as day1.Used as a workhorse,24*7 download box,table top and what not!!

Cilus

laborare est orare
Since you have a good budget I'll recommend you get a powerful laptop which will serve you for future and let you enjoy all kind of things like HD movies, Gaming and any intensive tasks like Photoshop, video editing etc.

Here is my suggestion: Asus K Series K53SV-SX521D @ 47K

The configs are:

Intel 2nd Gen Core i7 2670M (2.2 Ghz, 6 MB L3 cache, 4 cores, 8 threads)
Intel HM65 CHipset
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Ram (2 X 4GB)
750 GB 5400 RPM SATA HDD
15.6" HD Glare Display with 1366X768 resolution
Nvidia GT 540 2GB DDR3 DirectX 11 Gfx card
0.3 Megapixel Webcam
1000 Mbps Lan
Wifi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth V 3.0
3 USB 2.0
one USB 3.0
HDMI & VGA Output
Card Reader
DVD Super Multi R/W

This one is a beast and let you enjoy all kinds of enjoyment, whether it is wathcing HD movies, Playing games or doing CPU intensive tasks.

Asus laptops are very good and I have hands on experience with this model. The laptop has very good battery backup; while wathcing HD movies it lasts for 3 Hrs. The thermal design is also very good. It never gets hotter like the Dell gaming laptops while playing games for couple of hours.

You can find a lower version of it with i7 2630M arond 43K. That is also one hell of a deal.

red dragon

Master troll
3 hrs on HD movie only is not really good battery back up.

15.6" Display with 1366X768 resolution is pretty bad actually.

How much does it weigh?
o.p was looking something around 2kg.

HW is top notch though.

amirtaraj

Broken In
New config of base 15' MBP will be a better option then
i7 Quad 2.2GHz,4GB,500GB and HD6750 card
Rs.98,877 (DeltaPage)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
MBP 13.If you are okay with the price(I have no idea about gaming in it though).
Using a 2 year old MBP 13,last restarted more than 3 months ago(after an update),still gives a back up of of 5-6 hrs and as fast as day1.Used as a workhorse,24*7 download box,table top and what not!!

:crazy: ??

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^^arrey Mac Book Pro
@op u can do all office work ie word,excel etc in MBP microsoft office is natively supported also u can run windows 7 through boot camp

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
If purchasing from FK. Be careful. Some bundles are not offering an OS. Dell. That will put up the cost then.

OP
S

sbsignin

Thanks everybody for your valuable time and suggestions. Its obvious now that Lenovo and samsungs are out of my list now. But surprisingly there is no mention of Dell V131.
However I like to ask red dragon is windows 7/xp is stable enough on mac and is it possible for me(intermediate with windows zero with mac) to make the mac to boot on windows? :-|
Is there any cable or adapter available for thunderbolt/mini display port to hdmi?:?

OP
S

sbsignin

thanks every one. I finally settled for Mac13"er from ebay.in at a price of Rs 58750/- including a promo voucher of Rs 1000/-.
Now may I get help on how to dual boot the mac with W7HP

Top Bottom