cheap android- micromax andro A60 or samsung galaxy pop?

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
i am on tight budget and i want to buy a android phone.i have andro A60 or galaxy pop in mind.

according to reviews in youtube,

A60- 2.8 inch resistive touch 320X240 res. , 3.2MP autofocus cam, android 2.1, 600MHz CPU, 3G, wifi, GPS
price 7k

galaxy pop- 3.15 inch capacitive touch 320X240 res. , 3.2MP fixed focus cam android 2.2, 600MHz CPU, 3G, wifi, GPS
price 9k

my requirement is good photo quality, good browsing exp. [i know low res. is not good for it but it should be good enough]

i already have ipod touch and PSP for videos so i dont care about it.

should i buy A60?

does spending 2k extra on pop really worth just to get android 2.2 and slightly bigger capacitive screen of same resolution but loose auto focus to a fixed focus cam?

pauldmps

Banned
I really can't say but whatever I have read in the reviews about the Andro is disappointing. First of all, the Andro looks poor. Resistive touchscreens have have a short lifetime. The Andro has only 150 MB of internal memory & you'll be stuck on it for installing apps as Android 2.1 does not allow apps to be installed on the memory card. The camera quality is poor & not upto 3.15 MP camera standards. Also it has proprietary connector for headphone instead of a 3.5mm jack.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Definitely the galaxy pop but given that you have ipod touch to satisfy app and m/m needs, pop should do the job.

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
what that means? will new apps run on android 2.1?

and does 2.1 or 2.2 will make any difference or apps are themselves programmed to support SD card support regardless which version of android is installed

:( i am n00b in android

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. new apps will run on android 2.1
if apps are programmed to run on sd card, they do need 2.2.

In short, get the damn phone powered by 2.2 (foryo) or 2.3 (gingerbread).

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
:( ok. will try to get pop. does it support multi touch? like zoom function in iphone?

also suggest other non android phones, include QWERTY, Touch, any type of phone
with good camera and internet browser

budget 7-8k

:( ok. will try to get pop. does it support multi touch? like zoom function in iphone?

also suggest other non android phones, include QWERTY, Touch, any type of phone
with good camera and internet browser

budget 7-8k

Last edited:

vishurocks

Journeyman
Get pop it supports multitouch. Andro's touch response is horrible. Camera and battery life also sucks.
And ur other query non android qwerty nokia e5 is a good option to consider @ 10k. Nokia x5 is another option to consider @ 9k, but e5 is better

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
+1 to pop. except the screen, rest of the specs shouldn't disappoint. also if you haven't used some good smartphones (~10k), the screen shouldn't matter much.

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
a friend of mine told me that we can easily install apps on mem card even on android 2.1 . but only after rooting it.

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
some1 clear doubts about 2.1 rooting posted above

:( i am confused. i will go for pop. but if price exceeds budget [my parents are buying it for me :p ] i will buy a non android phone.

so suggest non android phones below 7.5k with good camera and at least VGA video recording.

i am thinking about samsung ch@t 335. what is its video recording resolution?

suggest any other phone in that budget with autofocus cam and vga vid. recording

pauldmps

Banned
No phone with autofocus cam on your budget. (Maybe the SE Elm touches the 7.5k mark, but I won't recommend it).

If you have a budget of 7.5k, it should not be difficult to add 1.5k more. Another option is to get the Galaxy 5 which should cost a bit cheaper. It comes with Android 2.1 but can be easily upgraded to Android 2.2 (Unofficially).

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
+1 to pop. except the screen, rest of the specs shouldn't disappoint. also if you haven't used some good smartphones (~10k), the screen shouldn't matter much.

that's the bummer for me
samsung should really provide higher res screens for android
the low res screen just null and voids all other salient points

let's face it
the charm of using "Android" would very likely wear off after 1 year of purchase
after that the phone won't be upgradeable to latest versions of android due to constricted hardware

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
its not a question of how much to expect for a budget, but your priorities and usage

well for me my priorities are

screen quality and resolution
audio output quality
Battery Life
Looks(aesthetics)
Camera Quality
OS(app support etc)
in that order

IMO the android experience is wasted on those low res screens

Top Bottom