Chassis < 2.5k with filters?

iGamer

Broken In
Hey guys, I want a new chassis, for my new gaming rig, under 2.5k.
I have a lot of dust problem in my house so please suggest chassis with dust filters.

All the cases on flipcart and other popular sites do not have dust filters for under 3k.
The first one I found was CM Elite 430 at 3.3k.

Any other cases that you know of?
Or can I get the filters separately from somewhere and fix them on cheap ones like CM elite 311 or 370?

P.S. I want a bottom mounted PSU cabinet.

Thanks

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
This should give you an idea of 311
*i.imgur.com/V9pHV.jpg

I am currently testing 311 Plus, you get 120mm fans on the front and rear, with an option to install 140mm for the front- that's it. There's no optional fan mounts. You can take a look at Bitfenix Merc alpha but it will be a lot helpful if you mentioned your system config on the first post itself.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Elite 335 Mini Tower Cabinet has dust filter in the all the Front areas. New is available @ 2.3k. I have used it and it was 'OK' for its worth.

OP
I

iGamer

Broken In
@The Sorcerer
Yes it has only front/side/rear fan mounts available, but its the only one available in my budget with a bottom mount PSU support. :(
Do you know any other?
btw my config is i3 2100, 7850, Seasonic 620W

@Tech_Wiz
Thanks, but I have to install HD 7850 graphics card, so I don't think any mini towers will do.

@RiGOD I also liked the BitFenix Merc Alpha at 2.5k, but it has too many air vents for fans and might create dust problems for me. :(
I don't want to buy a cabinet with lots of air vents without dust filters.

Thanks

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^Come on man, try and be innovative. You won't get everything you need in such a tight budget, you'll have to do some custom mods like making a dust filter out of your old mosquito net or something;)

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Op - this should come handy ;-)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...-430-431-discussion-thread-6.html#post1391120

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
@The Sorcerer
Yes it has only front/side/rear fan mounts available.....
Only available on the non transparent window version.

311 Non-Plus version comes with 2x USB 2.0 with no tool-less (ok...so meh!) and no front 120mm fans, whereas plus comes with 3x USB 2.0, tool less stuff and front 120mm fan. But I seriously believe you take a good look at 431. You don't buy cases everyday but when you begin to add stuff over the months pass by, you may regret it. Its your choice to be honest. The choices are there infront of you.

OP
I

iGamer

Broken In
@RiGOD
you are GENIUS :clap2:, I never thought about using mosquito nets!!!! :shock: :pullhair:
Now I have more paths opened up!!!

@topgear
I have seen that thread and know how good they are for that money, but the are very costly
at around 3.5k(1k more than my budget) otherwise I would have gone for them.

@The Sorcerer
Don't worry, I am considering your suggestions. Personally I like all the suggested one's.
Thanks to RiGOD I have more options available now.

I will compare all of them and shortlist the one's that I like, then you guys can tell me which will be the best one.

Thanks guys, you all have been a great help.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you did not get the idea ... I've gave that link to show it's how easy to to make dust filters using cheap components like mosquito net and this can be used with any cabinet.

BTW, if you are still interested about Cm Elite 430 then SMC is selling it at 3k now.

OP
I

iGamer

Broken In
@topgear
Ohh, sorry man I saw the post name and though you were showing me why its popular or a good one.
Give me some days to increase my budget a bit, will ask again then.

BTW, thanks for the letting me know about SMC, will check that.

Thanks again

Bloody hell!!! from where do you guys get the non-LED cheap 120mm fans from???
I can't find a single case fan less then Rs 300 on any popular online shops!!!

I will need atleast 1 such fan if I buy the CM 430 cabinet for exhaust!!

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^CM Elite 430 is a good case with decent cooling and many of our forum members own it. But if you're ready to shell out 3k then NZXT Source 210 Elite is the one to grab. Comes with 2 fans, lots of room for cable management (which the Elite 430 lacks) and supports large CPU coolers without any hiccups.

Tarun

In the zone
guys aint you forgetting the NZXT Source 210 Elite and the NZXT Gamma botha re for ~2.5k and are excellent VFM

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ But with the Transparent side panel the Cm Elite 430 is a great looker ;-)

@topgear
Ohh, sorry man I saw the post name and though you were showing me why its popular or a good one.
Give me some days to increase my budget a bit, will ask again then.

BTW, thanks for the letting me know about SMC, will check that.

Thanks again

Bloody hell!!! from where do you guys get the non-LED cheap 120mm fans from???
I can't find a single case fan less then Rs 300 on any popular online shops!!!

I will need atleast 1 such fan if I buy the CM 430 cabinet for exhaust!!

Thanks in advance

here you go ;-)

Flipkart: Cooler Master Silent FAN 120 SI2 (4 in 1) Cooler: Cooler

OP
I

iGamer

Broken In
But if you're ready to shell out 3k then NZXT Source 210 Elite is the one to grab. Comes with 2 fans, lots of room for cable management (which the Elite 430 lacks) and supports large CPU coolers without any hiccups.

^^ But with the Transparent side panel the Cm Elite 430 is a great looker ;-)

Thanks RiGOD for the suggestion, but I think topgear is right the CM 420 looks great.
NZXT Source 210 is is good, but looks plain and a bit ugly.

topgear;1644692 here you go ;-) [url=*www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-silent-fan-120-si2-4-1/p/itmd7fsthz5zk5g5?pid=COLD7FSTN2HAQC3Z&_l=Aa6aTFZk_dPzGvPvRWxhrw--&_r=hUxohuOQbPF8OPxlJTzXxQ--&ref=79a0df54-4893-426d-bd24-7cda873412aa said:
Flipkart: Cooler Master Silent FAN 120 SI2 (4 in 1) Cooler: Cooler[/url]

Thanks man, I think I missed it coz I never looked for them in bulk(was trying to find 1 @ 200) :lol:

So finally I am going for CM Elite 430 :-D
Thanks guys

Last edited:
OP
I

iGamer

Broken In
Have A Look at This Theitdepot - NZXT Gamma Black Steel Mid-Tower ATX Cabinet

That is good case, but if I can get CM Elite 430 at 2.8k then IMO thats a better deal!!!
It looks awesome with the side window!!!

Thanks for your opinion though!! :cool:

pratyush997

Inactive
That is good case, but if I can get CM Elite 430 at 2.8k then IMO thats a better deal!!!

Though it looks cool buy it will get more dust in it cuz i don't see any dust filters

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...

At 2.8k you'll get the normal one without the side window. I still suggest that you reconsider you decision of buying the Elite 430. Read the cons and pros here

Pros

- All black interior
- very few sharp edges
- Some filters on some fan ports
- Tool-less installation for hard drives and Optical drives
- Can accommodate long GPU’s
- CPU cooler backplate cut out in motherboard

Cons

- peripheral slot covers not full removed
- water cooling holes not fully removed or grommeted
- filters are not on all fan ports, including none on the front intake
- filter removal is not an easy task without damaging the filters
- only comes with 1 fan
- no cable routing features
- small power and reset buttons
- obvious specification errors on box

The 'looks great' thing that you're counting in will fade out very soon, in the long run it will the utility & features that'll decide the VFM of a product.

Top Bottom