CBSE 12th Class Result is OUT!

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Hey there guys, the much awaited and delayed result is finally out now!! Check your result here -

CBSE Results

Also, please refrain from posting your marks, as it might induce some complexity issues on the board. I just wanted the news to be out, there is no other purpose of this thread.

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
hmm, I don't think posting scores is a really good idea, but still if you insist, I scored 93% (Non-Medical). But to clear it out, I never prepared for any competitive exams. I am expecting around 70 marks in AIEEE, I didn't appear in any other exams. To those of you wondering what will I do next, I'll be taking Management Seat in my Local Engineering College under PTU. :)

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Congrats desijatt! Hey guys do you know how much the national topper scored? Freakin 495 marks! Wth did the 5 marks went? The guy is from manipur.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
hmm, I don't think posting scores is a really good idea, but still if you insist, I scored 93% (Non-Medical). But to clear it out, I never prepared for any competitive exams. I am expecting around 70 marks in AIEEE, I didn't appear in any other exams. To those of you wondering what will I do next, I'll be taking Management Seat in my Local Engineering College under PTU. :)

awesome bro....

AcceleratorX

Youngling
I still remember when toppers used to struggle to break 96%.....Things have changed so much. Percentage in 12th doesn't matter a lot so don't sweat it. :)

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^You're right. When it comes to campus recruitment some companies keep a cut off mark of 75-80% for 10th & 12th. I've seen selection criterion in which they don't permit the ones who couldn't clear the entrance exams on the first attempt. But this is applicable to only a few companies as most off them out there give prime priority to performance in tech & HR interview.

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Thank you guys :D I do know that 12th marks don't matter much today, but still, who would give a seat, even paid, to a 55 percent scorer?

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Thank you guys :D I do know that 12th marks don't matter much today, but still, who would give a seat, even paid, to a 55 percent scorer?

It's all a matter of luck and destiny in the end.....I know a girl who had 51% in 10th and 57% in 12th (both ICSE) and horrendous marks in entrance exams who paid a small fortune to get an engineering seat. She is now a very good student in my class and constantly gets decent marks. Not a topper by any means, but does better than 60% of the class and believe me when I say hers is the lowest 10th and 12th score in my class.

For that matter, my score was in the 70s and even that is low. My 70s score was the 4th lowest 12th score in my engineering class, but even so I consistently came within the top 10 ranks in my branch amongst nearly 85 students (rarely, top 5).

The one thing I learnt from doing my degree is that scores mean next to nothing, knowledge matters more. Even when people try to cut off on 10th and 12th score, I have found that they do not say no to someone who aces the interview. In the end the only thing that matters is what you took inside your head as part of your education rather than the number on the marklist.

Coming from someone who's been on all sides of the spectrum - good scoring, bad scoring and average scoring, I should know better what marks actually mean. Most people have been consistently good, bad or average scorers throughout their life, so they wouldn't know what the other side feels like. I've been there and done that, I know better, enough to know that marks are misleading enough that you'd miss out on a diamond because it doesn't shine the way some stones do. This includes entrance exam marks, and both your board and entrance exams are important because they test different aspects of your brain (and board exam does not mean or emphasize rote learning but most board exams are kept easy enough that you can pass by rote) :D

My advice to students is very simple: Don't sweat it and make the best of what you got. If you have the talent and the skills, you will get what you are destined for, irrespective of what external factors may say. Enjoy your life a little, things are getting too tough at your age and it's never the same afterwards. Things start changing once you get into college and you will need to work harder, so keep your chin up and never get worked up over results of some exam. :)

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Thanks for the advice :)

Percentages mean a lot now for Engineering aspirant. Both %age and entrance are equally weighed :(

nims11

BIOS Terminator
sad english checking in my region.

Lot depends on your luck in boards exams even if you wrote well.

Top Bottom