CBSE 12th Class Result is OUT!

nims11

BIOS Terminator
my bro got 91% in commerce, but due to stupid english checking (which also happened to me last time), he got 80 in english and now his dreams of getting into St. Xaviers kolkata are shattered.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
^I agree that something is seriously wrong with how language papers are corrected in CBSE for both 10th and 12th. The candidates who topped 1st to 9th standard get 80 in boards while low scorers magically get 90.

I never got more than 60 in my 10 years of school in Hindi and yet the board exams (both 10th and 12th, though 12th was state board) had me log marks in the 80s. To further reinforce the fact, even in 11th I was only scoring 66 in Hindi which means its probably true that the language paper correction is borked.

I may be happy that it raised my total but I cannot accept it as a fair correction.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
I would say there is very little or no correlation between marks secured in board examination/entrance exam and success in the professional life.
There is a huge amount of research which shows that the language skills are the best predictor of being a successful professional, and that is why the entire world considers these skills as amongst the most important parameter for both under-graduate as well as post-graduate admissions. But India does not.

Further, there is no transparency and I doubt if the papers are even checked properly. No matter how diligently an examiner checks, he cannot check more than 40 papers of 100 marks each in a day- different handwriting, writing styles, presentation and what not. Especially in a subject like English where the questions are open ended - we cannot quantify them mechanically like a clerical job. And these guys check 11 lakh papers.

I was very shocked to see my results.I got in 80s but scored very very low in Maths(I felt like falling from the 100th floor!). I do not know what was wrong, since I was expecting a perfect 100 this time.

I got 93 in English. But the thing worrying me is that a less deserving student got 96. Even more, a student who has failed in 3 subjects and cannot speak a line nor has written anything in the question paper scored 71 in English.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
hey guys. i have a problem. in Informatics Practices i get 89 and grade is A2, in physics i get 85 and grade is A1!!. is this correct?

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
hey guys. i have a problem. in Informatics Practices i get 89 and grade is A2, in physics i get 85 and grade is A1!!. is this correct?

That is the strangest thing I've heard till now about the Boards Result part :p Well the grading is 81-90 = A2 , 91-100 = A1. Don't know how did you get that wrong grade printed.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
grading is according to the percentile
first 1/8th - A1
second 1/8th - A2
and so on

This is what i remember.

It is written on back of the marksheet you will receive in future.

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
you cbse guys are lucky. atleast the teachers dont go on strikes and protests WHEN THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO CORRECT OUR PAPERS!!!. many students from karnataka have suffered due to their ignorance. this is the PUC i am talking about

Top Bottom