Status
Not open for further replies.

rajat.forever

Right off the assembly line
what r d chances of getting a call for 54.08 percentile in cat ?
should it better to prepare for next cat?
which is better mba or pgdm???????????????????????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Aberforth

The Internationalist
1) If you're talking about IIMs I'd say chances are zero with that percentile, sorry. I had a 93.9 percentile three years back and yet I got no call.

2) Depends. If you think you can get your percentile to leap to the 95+ scores, then go for it. Or if you want to use your CAT scores for other Business Schools. Otherwise I'd think its a year waste if you are not doing anything meanwhile.

3) In India, its about the same. If you get it from a University, it is an MBA degree that you get. If it is from Institutes like IIM, XLRI, etc., you'll get a PGDBM.

And just one thing. CAT exams aren't the end of the road, don't take the dissapointment too hard. The syllabus of Indian B-schools are designed to make you an MBA or PGDBM holder, not a manager. Ultimately it is the person that you are, that is going to make the difference whether you are successful in life or not. This is from personal experience. Without an MBA from IIM, you aren't missing any big thing in life, however hyped up media wants it to be.

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
what r d chances of getting a call for 54.08 percentile in cat ?
should it better to prepare for next cat?
which is better mba or pgdm???????????????????????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused:
A call from where?
Take next CAT if you really believe you can get atleast 80%ile. Below that it's as bad IMO.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Two years back, I scored 98.86 percentile and managed a lone IIM call from Kozhikode. This time scored 90.XX percentile and no calls. You almost need a minimum of 99 percentile to get calls from IIMs provided you've cleared the individual section cut offs.

You might want to prepare for CAT 2008. Good Luck.

Aberforth -
Well said!

Who

Guess Who's Back
Here is some motivation to keep you going until 2008 CAT,

*projectbee.wordpress.com/2007/06/27/it-aint-over-till-its-over/

Try Hard & Be cool.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
well....

scoring well in cat is not the only criteria

calls frm the iims are evaluated this way

cat score-40%
x results-15%
XII results-15%
graduation results-20%
job xperience-10%

got this from a site..nw m really depressd..i secured only a 88% and 85% in my boards respectively

OP
rajat.forever

rajat.forever

Right off the assembly line
Thanks frnds for ur suggestion....
this time i am doesn't prepare seriously but now i try my all effort to get through this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom