Car under 10 lakhs

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
There is no car as good as vento and verna in this price range, the service and maintenance of hyundai india is much better than ford anyday. The selling figures are best in this segment no comparison to new fiesta. Driving performance is great overall, gearbox is very responsive. Though every car has pros and cons, we can't say it has a poor handling but not that great like vento. Overall I found new fiesta is the worst among all.

utkarsh73

Journeyman
First take a long test drive of Verna on highways where you can exceed the 90kmph mark. Almost every hyundai car has Electric Power Steering which gets exposed on highways at higher speeds. When you drive it in city you are like-"Wow, so effortless to control, amazing steering" but when you go on high speeds its like-"WTF why the hell I can't control it??".
I don't know about Verna because I haven't driven it but it surely is in i10. You drive a Ford(which has hydraulic Power Steering) and then a Hyundai and realize the difference.

I think you haven't taken the test drive of new Fiesta. Anyone test drives it I can bet anything that he won't atleast call it the worst. True, its expensive and not VFM like the Vento or Rapid but if you have the money you will take the car home without facing much opposition from other cars. It gives you the true driving pleasure.

And don't judge a car by seeing its sales figures. Swift sells the highest but it hasn't got anything best in class other than the diesel engine which it got from FIAT.

Now about service, Every brand has good and the bad service centres everywhere. I heard of a Maruti dealer in Uttarakhand who sold an already registered swift by tampering its Chassis Number. And then I have a Ford Service Centre in my city which reminds you 10 days before your insurance expires or your scheduled service is due and even calls you a week after servicing your vehicle about your experience and the problems you are facing after the servicing. So make sure that even the Hyundai ASS in your area is good enough before you book Verna.

Just one question.Do you drive yourself or are you like your avatar?

I seriously hope that you are not otherwise all the discussion in the previous 2 pages would be nullified.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Just one question.Do you drive yourself or are you like your avatar?

Say, I was just joking :fc_bat: ROFL Sheldon can't drive :lol:
No, I took drive a normal guy, ford is good car I didn't say ford is worse in driving read again but it is overall worst on behalf of my priorities like service, maintenance, interior and comfort. I'm not looking for racing car, I need a comfortable car for my family in my budget and most of time it would be driven by my driver. :mrgreen:

First take a long test drive of Verna on highways where you can exceed the 90kmph mark. Almost every hyundai car has Electric Power Steering which gets exposed on highways at higher speeds. When you drive it in city you are like-"Wow, so effortless to control, amazing steering" but when you go on high speeds its like-"WTF why the hell I can't control it??".
I don't know about Verna because I haven't driven it but it surely is in i10. You drive a Ford(which has hydraulic Power Steering) and then a Hyundai and realize the difference.

I think you haven't taken the test drive of new Fiesta. Anyone test drives it I can bet anything that he won't atleast call it the worst. True, its expensive and not VFM like the Vento or Rapid but if you have the money you will take the car home without facing much opposition from other cars. It gives you the true driving pleasure.

And don't judge a car by seeing its sales figures. Swift sells the highest but it hasn't got anything best in class other than the diesel engine which it got from FIAT.

Now about service, Every brand has good and the bad service centres everywhere. I heard of a Maruti dealer in Uttarakhand who sold an already registered swift by tampering its Chassis Number. And then I have a Ford Service Centre in my city which reminds you 10 days before your insurance expires or your scheduled service is due and even calls you a week after servicing your vehicle about your experience and the problems you are facing after the servicing. So make sure that even the Hyundai ASS in your area is good enough before you book Verna.

I seriously hope that you are not otherwise all the discussion in the previous 2 pages would be nullified.

Read again, I said its the worst overall not in the terms of handling. Ford ASS is totally hell in my region, nobody buys new ford fiesta and there is always an effect of selling figures, it help in after sales.

Last edited:

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Well, Ford ASS is mostly pathetic all over India baring few regions like mine. Thats the main reason(coupled with its price) New Fiesta doesn't sells(just 257 last month).
For me handling has enough weightage to get Fiesta in the top two cars of that segment. Whats driving when you can't enjoy it??
But if it were me even I wouldn't have gone for New Fiesta 'cause its a bit expensive and I am a goddamn common man.

aroraanant

Explorer
If you want a verna fluidic badly then pay some extra thousand bucks to the dealer to get it soon.
BTW tell from which city are you planning to buy it, may be I can help you in getting it a lil early

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
If you want a verna fluidic badly then pay some extra thousand bucks to the dealer to get it soon.
BTW tell from which city are you planning to buy it, may be I can help you in getting it a lil early

No, thanks the help I'll manage when I buy.

if you can wait a few months ...and are not hell bent on getting a sedan .... wait for Ford EcoSport. The top diesel model is supposed to be just under 10L on road !

I saw that car, in looks stunning and everything is kinda new for this segment.
In the end it is of ford so maintenance and servicing issues. :|

papul1993

not a newbie.....
We recently bought Honda City S/MT. Its a good car. Spacious and fun to drive. But not as loaded with features as the Verna.

EDIT: Oops, didnt realize that this is an old thread.

Top Bottom