Can't I Learn C# ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Charan said:
^^ lol dude .. i was just a co-developer , Gigacore was the one who developed it. I just gave some instructions to Gigacore here and there. Check this tut from gigacore. link
yeah i want aware abt the thread, thnx for helping him out.
Now hes got a job to keep himself busy :mrgreen:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
clmlbx said:
^^^ u mean in c# we have to work on .net environment and even on java

I layman's terms c# is by M$ to develop programs for windows and java is from sun microsystems to develop programs which runs on all the platforms.Its like you make a program to add two nos. and make a jar(java executable) and the same jar file runs on windows as well as in linux(the file has to be made cross platform if I am not wrong).This is what my limited knowledge says.

So if you wanna become a software developer:
1.Learn c\c++
2.learn java and\or python and other high level language.

If you wanna become a hacker\cracker:
1.gotta learn c\c++
2.any assembly level language.
3.perl\ruby etc.
4.gotta have working knowledge about a lot other languages.
5.No real need to learn high level language.

hi guys ...sorry to hijack this thread ...but i have some doubts .......... i have some basic knwledge of c and c++, and i want to go for game porgramming............is there any scope ? wat shld i learn ..? i am in my final year of B.E. computer science ...so wen can i look for jobs in this field ?

or better shld i learn JAVA and go for software development ?

plz help ..............

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
harryneopotter said:
hi guys ...sorry to hijack this thread ...but i have some doubts .......... i have some basic knwledge of c and c++, and i want to go for game porgramming............is there any scope ? wat shld i learn ..? i am in my final year of B.E. computer science ...so wen can i look for jobs in this field ?

or better shld i learn JAVA and go for software development ?

plz help ..............

If u wanna go for product incined company then c/c++ are enuff.

But if u want to delve into web application and other stuff then JAVA is good. Though same can be done in .NET (you know the drag and drop way, u never get to know the core but gets the job done)

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
T159 said:
If u wanna go for product incined company then c/c++ are enuff.

But if u want to delve into web application and other stuff then JAVA is good. Though same can be done in .NET (you know the drag and drop way, u never get to know the core but gets the job done)
U;re sadly mistaken Dude , drag n drop is just to make rough outline of the UI , u can customize the internals wholeheartedly by using GDI+ and drawing your own controls , tailored to your specific needs .

@clmlbx ,
Dude go for "Beginning Visual C# 2005" from Wrox press and i guarantee you , u won't need to learn C and C++ for becoming a programmer .

But if u really wanna know fundamentals of data structures n algorithms , then i suggest u buy some good algorithms book(possible in Java or C#) after u have completed the above book :)

And if u still wanna go deep further and want to know the internal functioning of a computer then buy a book on "Computer Orginization" . This will help you understand how data is stored in RAM and HDD , how a processor works(from programmer) point of view , give u an understanding of the system calls and bios interrupts which will eventually make a proficient programmer .

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
U;re sadly mistaken Dude , drag n drop is just to make rough outline of the UI , u can customize the internals wholeheartedly by using GDI+ and drawing your own controls , tailored to your specific needs .

@clmlbx ,
Dude go for "Beginning Visual C# 2005" from Wrox press and i guarantee you , u won't need to learn C and C++ for becoming a programmer .

But if u really wanna know fundamentals of data structures n algorithms , then i suggest u buy some good algorithms book(possible in Java or C#) after u have completed the above book :)

And if u still wanna go deep further and want to know the internal functioning of a computer then buy a book on "Computer Orginization" . This will help you understand how data is stored in RAM and HDD , how a processor works(from programmer) point of view , give u an understanding of the system calls and bios interrupts which will eventually make a proficient programmer .

customizing and getting to know the core is something different.

For data structure and algorithms "Algorithms in C by Robert Sedgwick" is one to look for.

F

FilledVoid

Actually for Data Structures I would recommend Mark Allen Weiss. but thats my own Opinion.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
No matter which book you have Data structures sux,can't get hold of all the algos and my idiot teachers want book's algos not understod and then made ourselves,I don't know how am I gonna clear this exam!.

@Zeeshan : P:please read the whole thread before recommending c# over c\c++.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
mehulved said:
Are you sure you'll learn anything at Aptech?

WHAT DO U MEAN ?? I WILL ALSO GO TO NIIT FOR MORE INFO .

GUYS .. I am really very confused, now I want to know straight forward answer should I go for c & c++ or c#

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
clmlbx said:
WHAT DO U MEAN ?? I WILL ALSO GO TO NIIT FOR MORE INFO .

GUYS .. I am really very confused, now I want to know straight forward answer should I go for c & c++ or c#
And i will ask the same question which mehulved asked "are u sure you are going to learn anything from NIIT?" :mad:

I have done 2 years diploma from niit.They s*** :mad:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
any sane person would go for c\c++ anyday.and besides .net et al are not that tough so you can do them later on(gaurav will testify for this. :))

Dunno about aptech but but NIIT sure sux!!.Do your homework before joining anything.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
which institute should I join ?

only this two ( NIIT and APTECH ) institutes certificates have value .

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
ask gaurav about niit he's done a 2 year diploma from there.Some of my friends went to niits during summer break and they found it a complete waste of time and effort.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
The_Devil_Himself said:
ask gaurav about niit he's done a 2 year diploma from there.Some of my friends went to niits during summer break and they found it a complete waste of time and effort.
Yes waste of money and time.I think issey jyada toh tum self study hi kar loge.Net pe itna kuch available hai.I am talking about original and free stuff.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom