Can't I Learn C# ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clmlbx

Technomancer
Hello Guys ,

I Am The Guy With No Programming Language . So I Went To Aptech ( Computer Institute ). I Enquired For Course "c#" . She Said I Can't Learn C# Like That . First U Have To Learn C, C++ And The U Can Go For C# Bcoz Fundamentals Are Necessary To Clear And This Are Cleared In C & C++ .

Is That Correct That First I Have To Learn C & C++

praka123

left this forum longback
^Is it?shall this approach works for Java too :?: I dont want to learn C#.the only experiance of writing my own program for me was on FORTRAN77 back in my BE 3rd sem in 1998 :)) also some C(some how passed!) want to learn C properly>but weak in maths :( wtd :?

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
well one can learn straight from c# . . . it ll have some basic notes about c and cpp . . . for better understanding abt programming . . .

well one can learn straight from c# . . . it ll have some basic notes about c and cpp . . . for better understanding abt programming . . . plus everytime it ll be compared to prev lang . . . so its good to have some base in c and cpp .

Last edited:

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
praka123 said:
^Is it?shall this approach works for Java too :?: I dont want to learn C#.the only experiance of writing my own program for me was on FORTRAN77 back in my BE 3rd sem in 1998 :)) also some C(some how passed!) want to learn C properly>but weak in maths :( wtd :?
His main target is to learn C# so no need to waste his time on c and c++ although it is always advisable to have basic knowledge of c and c++?Syntax vary b/w these lanbguages logic remains the same.He should go to c# directly.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
gaurav_indian said:
His main target is to learn C# so no need to waste his time on c and c++ although it is always advisable to have basic knowledge of c and c++?Syntax vary b/w these lanbguages logic remains the same.He should go to c# directly.

yaar logic he toh chahiye hota hai

But C# is more like JAVA, atleast he should try reading first few fundamental chapters and see if he really understand it.

I hav seen people who hav done C++ are just scared of JAVA.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
praka123 said:
seriously prakash you are not trying to learn.c\c++ is pretty easy with not so much maths involved but it gets harder when you make huge commercial programs but then you have control over every bit the program consumes though them.

secondly there is no need to learn c\c++ to learn java.java is a fantactic language and IMO everybody should learn it a bit.

thirdy if you don't want to commit yourself start using python--it is_the_language for you----very less syntaxing required and gets the job done without consuming much of time.Its a very high level language and you'll get lesser errors while making programs.

Last edited:
OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
I was going for c# bcoz it is better and good then c & c ++

Is this the right choice ?

if not then what should I start with ?

and there were two type of courses one was "c & c++" and another one was " advance c & c++"

... what is the difference in them ?

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
clmlbx said:
you have no idea what you're talking about.google out the difference between them.c/c++ are universal languages and very powerfull.Better use google cos nobody can explain it to you.

Depends,if you wanna become a true programmer then c\c++ is a must.

and there were two type of courses one was "c & c++" and another one was " advance c & c++"
i would have taken the advance one cos I don't think they will teach enough in the simpler one.Again you'll have to put in hard work but once you start getting holds of thing it is as easy as it gets.But you'll face dissappointment in the very beginning.DOn't loose hope.And its gets even worse when people who have learnt then in 11th-12th gets all things right and I get them all wrong.

@gaurav:tu khali photoshop use karke animation banata reh,programming tere bas ki baat nahi.I am learning c\c++ for a full year and still haven't got over certain things,its frustrating and requires a lots of practise.

praka123

left this forum longback
c# is not completely cross platform(i know mono exists!).better Java or Python or Perl as my limited knowledge says.
@devil:thanks for ur pat.I will have to brush up my basics in C.I got a book free from my relative "C for Dummies:2nd edition" will try to start from it.afair it is mentioning gcc and Linux usage too.it is resting somewhere in my room.i have to search! :p

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
The_Devil_Himself said:
you have no idea what you're talking about.google out the difference between them.c/c++ are universal languages and very powerfull.Better use google cos nobody can explain it to you.

Depends,if you wanna become a true programmer then c\c++ is a must.

i would have taken the advance one cos I don't think they will teach enough in the simpler one.Again you'll have to put in hard work but once you start getting holds of thing it is as easy as it gets.But you'll face dissappointment in the very beginning.DOn't loose hope.And its gets even worse when people who have learnt then in 11th-12th gets all things right and I get them all wrong.

@gaurav:tu khali photoshop use karke animation banata reh,programming tere bas ki baat nahi.I am learning c\c++ for a full year and still haven't got over certain things,its frustrating and requires a lots of practise.

haha lol tu mere baare mein jaanta hi kitna hai.Animation maine abhi shuru ki hai lol i know .net,java(not much),c,c++ :p I am doing MCA.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
clmlbx said:

if not then what should I start with ?

... what is the difference in them ?

c and c++ will have basic skills while advanced c and c++ will have linked list ,hashmaps and various other advanced concepts.

I would recommend u to learn JAVA, cuz its hell lot easy.

U would say why it is easy ?
1) No explicit pointer assignment (pointer are one of the bad things in c and c++)
2) There is always one way to do the things (so no more surprise codes)
3) A lot better community support.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
praka123 said:
c# is not completely cross platform(i know mono exists!).better Java or Python or Perl as my limited knowledge says.
@devil:thanks for ur pat.I will have to brush up my basics in C.I got a book free from my relative "C for Dummies:2nd edition" will try to start from it.afair it is mentioning gcc and Linux usage too.it is resting somewhere in my room.i have to search! :p
I will gift you "Vista for dummies" :D

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
The_Devil_Himself said:

??????????

I MEAN TO SAY C# IS A UPGRADED VERSION OF C & C++ . AS PER SOME OF MY FRIEND SAYS . AND C IS EXTINCT SO THIS BETTER TO LEARN MOST LATEST AVAILABE LANGUAGE ... SO THAT IS C#

YA I AGAIN FORGOT TO OFF CAPS LOCK .. SO SORRY AGAIN

SEE MY SIGNATURE

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@praka123

Hav u any experience in awk/sed/regular expression ?

if not then this a must for u, most powerful tools in linux.
I am learning these now.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
clmlbx said:
??????????

I MEAN TO SAY C# IS A UPGRADED VERSION OF C & C++ . AS PER SOME OF MY FRIEND SAYS . AND C IS EXTINCT SO THIS BETTER TO LEARN MOST LATEST AVAILABE LANGUAGE ... SO THAT IS C#

SEE MY SIGNATURE
lol c# works in a .net environment.You need to have .net framework for it.
But C and C++ are still one of the powerful languages.:p

praka123

left this forum longback
^yeah something i learned 7 years back when i attended some course in SSI computer centre.i have nothing residing in my memory reg ed,sed,awk things now :( only Vi :) err,vim !

see-i am still not into programming!

@clmblx:dont u know that most Operating systems are written on C?infact C is developed for UNIX by AT&T by Dennis Ritchie and others :)
C has its own advantages now also!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
clmlbx said:
??????????

SEE MY SIGNATURE
buddy for system level programming C is the undisputed king.

U should get a pinch of C to appreciate programming world.

Here is the list of few languages u might consider:
1) C/C++
2) Assembly (i was bad in this)
3) HTML, DHTML, CSS
4) XML
5) SQL, PL/SQL (oracle + MySQL)
6) JAVA (quite promising)
7) Javascript
8) Adobe Spry framework
9) JSP

Though i was never interested in .NET and C# (if u learn JAVA there is no need to go for them)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
c# is for making programs for windows and c\c++ are universal.

Python\java and other high level languages are easier to learn and saves time while making programs.They just takes input which is absolutely required and arranges other things themselves or in short you have little control over your program.On the other hand c\c++ are the mother of all languages Unix was written in C.C++ added some functionalities to c and now c++ is the most used language.games are made using c++ cos their code need to be perfect and programmers want control over every bit and pixel.

and whoever says that c is extinct is a fool.If you want to actually know what programming basics are then c is a must IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom