Can We build a Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush997

Inactive
Is There any way we Can Assemble A Smartphone like we do in PC. Like Exynos 4 Quad processor, Super Amoled + Display With Corning Gorilla Glass, Raspberry Pi GPU, 2100 mAh Battery and Cabinet(Body) of Nokia Lumia 900(Big N9)

gforz

Maximum GAME
Good question.

Straight Answer:No.

Reason:The things you mention are the features of a smartphone.These are all combined to a form factor(phone) which is not possible as it is in the case of PC's unless you have a dedicated assembly plant.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
and waste a month or more compiling the OS, kernel and fixing one thing after another. and if you miss a particular library, something will break and your sweet smartphone will turn into a cripple phone.

OP
pratyush997

pratyush997

Inactive
and waste a month or more compiling the OS, kernel and fixing one thing after another. and if you miss a particular library, something will break and your sweet smartphone will turn into a cripple phone.

Yeah Thats Damn. Complicated but is there any way in which we can customise it like in Dell Online Stores

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^
LOL Dell Store is For PC.
And if you want a phone with a particular H/W just explore all the smartphone available in the market.
With Hundred of smartphones ranging from 4k-40k you will definitely get something which suits your needs(or taste).

OP
pratyush997

pratyush997

Inactive
^^
LOL Dell Store is For PC.
And if you want a phone with a particular H/W just explore all the smartphone available in the market.
With Hundred of smartphones ranging from 4k-40k you will definitely get something which suits your needs(or taste).

I know that Dell is of PC I just gave an e.g. of how can we customise our dell Lappy so there should be something which provide us options like that

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ No one will Make special phones for you
Now i remember my friend always fooling around with us he said Apple Specially liberalized his Iphone 4S for Indian Accent.While AFAIK SIRI still doesnt understand Indian ascent

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
its possible in China.. there is a minimum quantity limit.. im not being sarcastic or trolling.. this is a fact.. you just have to give a bigger order :p

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
As funny as the posts of pratyush997 may seem, but there's actually a good vision by him.

I too wish someday, we can customize our phones according to the features that we want. A future where we can select the best components or can focus on a particular feature according to our budget is all that is left now in mobile technology. As important as the hardware part is, more important part is the freedom of choosing software platform.

I would like to have a phone, where just like a PC, I have the choice to install Android or WP, or Meego or any other. It just seem far fetched now.. but I see it becoming reality in a not-so-distant future.

OP
pratyush997

pratyush997

Inactive
As funny as the posts of pratyush997 may seem, but there's actually a good vision by him.

I too wish someday, we can customize our phones according to the features that we want. A future where we can select the best components or can focus on a particular feature according to our budget is all that is left now in mobile technology. As important as the hardware part is, more important part is the freedom of choosing software platform.

I would like to have a phone, where just like a PC, I have the choice to install Android or WP, or Meego or any other. It just seem far fetched now.. but I see it becoming reality in a not-so-distant future.

THATs the thing I wanted but when. For e.g. I Love Samsung Omnia W only at its H/W and price Ratio but Hate Its OS wp7(NO USSD, No BT File Transfer) I wish I could Run ICS on it

sarthak

In the zone

Customizing the phone might become possible in the future. But building a phone by yourself certainly won't be possible anytime soon.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
But It would be great like if sellers do have an option..Like selling An 'X' phone with a choice of either a single core/dual core proccy depending on your budget

V.VAIDYA

Broken In
Yes , you can if you go to china "Build a smartphone" and work in some low wage paying factories,or work as a child labour.
I have done it at home , it worked (i.e. landphone)
^Just joking , don't take seriously I just repaired it.
But your idea looks promising , may be you can start a company and fullfill my dreams some years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom