Camera talk...

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Again speed of focus is practice based. You do enough practice and the time will be less. The distance problem is there, but the bokeh is worth it

sujoyp

Grand Master
do you mean to say 35mm 1.4 :D it cost 50k I think and its 3 times heavier...and max I can buy is 50mm 1.4 D ..but then I dont use prime soo much...right now my needs r different

- - - Updated - - -

@amlan I agree with you...we can actually do "Photography" with manual lenses ...with all creative effects ...but nowdays I get those moments very rarely and mostly "pose and fire " kind of situation :D

I remember I used to use reverse , extension tube, filters and manual macro lenses when I was on peak of enthusiasm ;)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
The distance problem is there
What's this? I didn't get it.
do you mean to say 35mm 1.4 :D it cost 50k I think and its 3 times heavier...and max I can buy is 50mm 1.4 D ..but then I dont use prime soo much...right now my needs r different
I am just pushing my dream ;) You should get the one suits you best.
BTW, Rokinon 8mm fisheye too doesn't cost heavy (I thought ultra wide angle would be super expensive.
I remember I used to use reverse , extension tube, filters and manual macro lenses when I was on peak of enthusiasm ;)
It seems like, it's just happened last week. I just covered that part recently and so the reason I commented "go closer" to one of your recent photographs.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] truth is I never liked doing landscapes much soo didnt bother to get an ultra wide angle...else I had an eye on sigma 10-20 for some time.
I am still enthusiastic about insects and birds soo Nikon 200-500 f5.6 VR really excite me :D

in the start I was really into close details of insects...but then I found most people found it ugly and I got bored of shooting same insects again n again...ok next time I will shoot something closer for you ;)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I am still enthusiastic about insects and birds soo Nikon 200-500 f5.6 VR really excite me :D
Just googled, it's just getting shipped. It's NEW. I was guessing it would cost few lakhs, but it's not. Selling your entire set up is good enough to buy this bazooka, I think. ;)
ok next time I will shoot something closer for you ;)
Thank you :cloud9::hyper:

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] its just 1300$ in US and expected price in india is around 75-80k ...my setup is almost 1.5 lakh :D I will sell off 150-500 for 28-30k and add money to get it if its 75k ;)

thats great siddarth...even I was thinking of 35mm prime this season

BTW yesterday I found that Nikon have launched a 200-500 AFS VR for 1400$ :) its awesome man...why didnt it make news ...people say it will cost around 75k in india

Great!! I was super confused with which prime to buy, from Zeiss or Sony, then I settled with Sony and purchased two lenses for price of one. The thing with manual lenses is....I didn't purchase my camera to work with manual lenses, the fact that most of the camera functions like focus from depth and phase detection autofocus depend on lens, I would rather use the first party lens. Although, I do want to buy hyper primes or fast manual lenses from Rokinon and Mitakon Zhongyi(with native E mount), but I'm worried about service.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
@nac its just 1300$ in US and expected price in india is around 75-80k ...my setup is almost 1.5 lakh :D I will sell off 150-500 for 28-30k and add money to get it if its 75k ;)
Wow!!! Sorry for my wrong valuation ;)
but I'm worried about service.
Something which never crossed mind. Those big f number and cheap price made me overlook it. Thank you...

BTW, congrats for the new purchase. :)

Wow!!! Sorry for my wrong valuation ;)

Something which never crossed mind. Those big f number and cheap price made me overlook it. Thank you...

BTW, congrats for the new purchase. :)

Thanks!! The problem is that there is no after sales service in India, and even if the lens is cheap, but the indirect cost is pretty much high. And sub-par lenses and mount adapters can damage the camera, which will not be covered by warranty.

sujoyp

Grand Master
A good news non-phoography related, but as you guys know me I am sharing here :D

I am getting married on Nov 27 :) last week had a Ashirvad (Roka, tilak type ceremony)

sadly dad couldnt activate my DSLR external flash and all initial pics were blurry :'( ...then I asked him to use S90 and then some pics came properly. it will be such a big function and I will not be able to take pics :D how unfortunate ;)

raja manuel

In the zone
Congratulations! Tell you what, find some budding photographer and tell him or her that you can give them a lot of 'wedding photography practise.' Plan the shoots in advance so that you can get what you want.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] , [MENTION=133607]raja[/MENTION] and [MENTION=139494]powerhoney[/MENTION] :)
[MENTION=133607]raja[/MENTION] thats a very good idea..hmm lets see who is interested...I have all the gears but no one to use them .

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
thats a very good idea..hmm lets see who is interested...I have all the gears but no one to use them .
I would love to cover your wedding/use your gear ;). But I am down south :( If I am in/around Nagpur, I would sure do it.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
A good news non-phoography related, but as you guys know me I am sharing here :D

I am getting married on Nov 27 :) last week had a Ashirvad (Roka, tilak type ceremony)

sadly dad couldnt activate my DSLR external flash and all initial pics were blurry :'( ...then I asked him to use S90 and then some pics came properly. it will be such a big function and I will not be able to take pics :D how unfortunate ;)

Many congrats, wish you a great life ahead :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
thanks @arsenalfan [MENTION=125148]Cyanide[/MENTION] [MENTION=284377]Siddhartht[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3228]siddharth[/MENTION] LOL I told my fiance that she have to bear my hobbie and every weekend we will go out for shoots ;)

Top Bottom